Parenting

When to buy Halloween costume?

obviously we still have lots of time, but every time I ask DD what she wants to be for Halloween it's different - puppy, witch, princess. I don't want to get a costume too early and have her change her mind- how long do you usually wait to settle on a costume? FYI she is 2.5, and I am a little crafty but definitely not sewing something by hand or anything like that.
imageimage

Re: When to buy Halloween costume?

• I just bought Reese one today. My motives are semi-different though. She loves super heroes and I showed her a picture of a super girl costume and she okayed it. I am not sure if we will be able to trick or treat this year, but I did want her to have it for a walk we are participating in which takes place in a couple of weeks. 

But my DD doesn't care to much--especially if i get her something she likes. But I don't ask her, I just show her a picture of it and gauge her response on that. 
    My daughter is my hero.
  • Ds1 is currently obsessed with Thomas the train and he really doesn't seem to have an opinion on costumes, so I am taking the liberty of picking this year.  I happen to find a Thomas costume at the consignment store yesterday along with a pumpkin 0-3m sleeper for ds2 and paid $6 total.  DH was like "It's August"  Oh well!   
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I bought the next 3 years. :S

I figure after that he will have an opinion.
  • My mom bought DD a Cinderella costume on clearance last year, so she's wearing that.

DS agreed to a Spartan warrior costume and I bought it last week before he could change his mind.

• I used to always take the kids the first weekend of October (to party store hell), but I feel like recently,they have been selling out of things more quickly, so I may go the last week of Sept. Not before then tho
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"