Stay at Home Moms

help me write something in a card!

Tomorrow we are celebrating DH's parents 45th anniversary.  The immediate family is passing around a card to be signed and given to the during dinner tomorrow night.  I need some help writing something that doesn't sound too generic.  It wouldn't be too hard for me to come up with something usually but I basically don't respect the way MIL treats/talks to FIL.  He puts up with so much of her crap.  I can't thing of anything genuine...All I can think of are things that aren't true so I can't put the pen to paper.  What would you write? I'm hoping for 2+ sentences.:)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: help me write something in a card!

• Just say something sort of vague and compliment their children/family instead of them. "Congratulations on 45 years of marriage! You have raised a wonderful family together! We love you!" Vague but not too vague.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yep...focus on your love for them, their nice family etc, not on their relationship if it isn't great. I like how PPs have worded it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Stick with the heartfelt generic than the BSing BS that people can read through the lines. Nothing succeeds like the simple done well!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"