TTC after 35

Short(ish) LP - when do you test?

I am only 1 DPO and already time is dragging. AND I AM OBSESSING. Our timing was great this cycle and my hopes are really irrationally high. Even though I know that with great timing chances of conceiving are still only 1 in 4 or 5, assuming no other inhibiting factors. I have 3 FRERs ready to go and am strategizing when to use them. I O'd on CD 19 and AF is due in 10 or 11 days. If 72% of pregnancies were detected at 6 days prior to expected AF (per FRER) that means I can test next Tuesday. But that's only 5 DPO and implantation might not have even occurred, so maybe that accuracy rate wouldn't be true for me. 

Thoughts?
Me: 38, DH: 35
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Short(ish) LP - when do you test?

• I would buy Wondfo HPTs so that I could start testing at 10DPO. Is that an option? ;-)

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• Loading the player...
  • Whether an egg implants at DPO 6 or 12 is a matter of a few days so it makes no sense why I even care. I need to shift my focus to other things, I'm making myself crazy!
    Me: 38, DH: 35
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Try to resist the urge to POAS!  With a short LP, implantation isn't going to happen until AF is almost due, so testing early is just going to make you disappointed.  I'm pretty sure those FRER accuracy rates assume a 28 day cycle, so they do not apply to everyone.  I also have a short LP, and I generally just wait it out until AF shows up.  If she ever decides to be late, then I'll whip out one of those HPTs.  Try to be patient - best wishes!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"