Pregnant after IF
Options

Anyone having trouble relating to "fertiles"?

LO95LO95 member
edited August 2014 in Pregnant after IF
Okay, so I'm fresh at this.  Like, fresh enough that I probably shouldn't be thinking of myself as a PAIFer.  But that said, I am doing my best to think positively and do "normal" 1st tri things- like get excited.  (I am excited, but I am a nervous wreck.)  I jumped on to my BMB and was hard-pressed to find many people (if any at all today?) who were not "fertiles".  Their excitement and confidence is so seriously ODD to me.  Like, they are as fresh as I am.  Shouldn't they be worried like I am?  But I guess that's the other piece of this infertility experience.  You don't take anything for granted.  And I suppose in my case I will be more surprised if everything works out than if it doesn't.  :(

So for those who are in a better place than me, have you found that you've fallen into "normal" things as you've reached the milestones?  Do you still have a hard time with folks who just "get pregnant"?  I suppose these are things I'm struggling with right now...  Just curious what it becomes as you progress.

Me: 27 DH: 27

October 2013: Endo erosion/ Clear HSG

March 2014: SA #1/  2%morph, borderline sperm count, decent motility

June 2014: SA#2/  2% morph, low sperm count, worse motility

Plan: "Quick Start IVF"/antagonist protocol with Follistim, Ganirelix, Ovidrel and progesterone suppositories (yay)

High AMH (11) and Low BMI= low doses of everything to prevent OHSS

July 27, 2014: Started Follistim injections for ten days

July 31, 2014: U/S= 20 follicles, 8.5 lining, E2 is good, Ganirelix for 4 days starting 8/2

August 4, 2014: 14 follicles on-track, good lining, Trigger 8/6

August 9, 2014: 9 ICSIed/ 5 embryos; aiming for a 5dt on 8/13

August 13, 2014: 5DT of 1 4BA almost-hatching blastocyst (Please hang in, Little Bug!)

August 14, 2014: We have 3 frosties! Hope they're having fun hanging out together. :)

August 23, 2014: Beta #1: 144 8/23/14: Beta #2: 374 Beta 8/25/14  Beta #3: 6,600 9/3/14

September 9, 2014: Ultrasound #1 115 heartbeats per minute

September 23, 2014: Ultrasound #2 182 heartbeats per minute 

September 26, 2014: Love my OB's office

October 10, 2014: Our baby looks like a baby and is moving all over!  

December 8, 2014: Anatomy scan- It's a girl! 

"Hope strengthens.  Fear kills."- Karen Marie Moning

"Heaviness is only temporary; the daylight will soon break in."- needtobreathe

Re: Anyone having trouble relating to "fertiles"?

• Options
    It is hard.  I stayed away from my birthmonth group and stuck to PAIF and MULTIPLES boards only.  I still find it hard hearing of other's success but at the same time I am FOREVER grateful for the little miracles I am carrying.  They mean the world and I can relate so much better here among women who understand "the journey".  I still cling to 3TC and the IF boards as a grad and know that their support is what got me here.  :) 

************** Siggy Warning************

Married August 2012 -- Me (40 yrs old) My husband (45 yrs. old) 

RE referral from ObGYN in late Jan. 2013 -- Testing Confirms Unexplained IF 

IUI #"s1 - 3 (Femara + IUI) April - June 2013 - all BFN

Decided to do IVF... Began stimming on September 10th!  Egg Retrieval 9/20/13.  19 eggs: 6 to mature to freeze after 6 fertilized with ICSI

3 morula stage embryos transferred on 9/25/13.....Beta #1 on 10/4/13/ = 7.5  Beta #2 on 10/6/13 =  negative

IVF#2 - Lupron plan  (set to begin on 10/28/13)  (Planning on thawing and fertilizing our 6 eggs with ICSI as well as all of the mature eggs they retrieve with this fresh cycle.)

Late October 2013 - ectopic pregnancy - methotrexate injection....benched 3 months

CD1 - 12/5/13...Lupron set to start on 12/26/13; CD1 - 1/2/14....Baseline 1/3/14....begin follistim tonight and continue with lupron.  (Got my calendar today!  IVF#2 is a go!)

ER = 1/14/14  (11 eggs....9 were mature. 9 fertilized.  Of the 6 mature eggs we thawed, only 4 fertilized.  At this time, we have 13 eggs fertilized and growing.  Waiting for news about a 3-day or 5-day transfer.)

ET = 1/19/14  (5dt).....3 blastocysts transferred!   (All nine embryos didn't make it to freeze.  =(  )

Beta #1 = 1/28/14   (2 weeks after ER)  BFP! 209 (9dp5dt)   EDD 10/7/14

Beta #2 - 1/30/14  (11 dp5dt) 302

Beta #3 - 2/3/14  (15 dp5dt)  1222 

Ultrasound set for 2/17/14......TWINS!        Twin A - HR 124 bpm; Twin B - HR 126 bpm

Final Ultrasound with RE 3/10/14 - Twin A - HR 176 bpm; Twin B - HR 177 bpm.

PAIF/SAIF Welcome! 

imageimage 

imageimageimage

• Options
    I don't think those IF feelings and fears ever completely go away, we are who we are because of our experiences... I am 20wks with twins and am very excited and have bought some things for my LOs but I still can't believe it's really happening and I'll have two babies in a few short months. I'm very open about IF and our having done IVF 3 times so fertiles that I'm around know what I've gone through and don't say things that they normally may. But ppls initial reaction when I say I'm having twins drives me insane! Its like can't you be positive!? NO I'M NOT SCARED, NO I DIDN'T FREAK OUT WHEN I FOUND OUT IT WAS TWINS! But it is hard to hear others telling everyone they are preg and they are like 7wks or something and over the moon excited buying clothes already its just incomprehensible for me that they can be so sure everything will be fine
    *loss and BFP mentioned*
    Me: Endo & No Tubes 
    DH: perfect!
    IVF#1 (Sept 2013) Long Lupron Protocol
               17 retrieved, 15 fert, 1 perfect blast trans, 10 frozen
                BFP--Ended-- Blighted Ovum
    FET#2 Tentative Sched: Start meds CD1=Feb 1, ET= Feb 19-20
              One Grade 4AA Blast transferred, 5dpt- BFP HPT, 6dpt- line darker
              Beta #1- 50, Beta #2- 30
              BFN- Chemical preg
    FET#3 CD1-4/11, start Injections on CD13, ET scheduled- 4/29
             CD12 u/s & bw- Lining 8.7, estrogen 335, cleared for ET in one week!
             CD19 ET- Two Grade 4AA Blast transferred one with assisted hatching
             4dpt- POAS = BFP!....POAS everyday after = DARKER! FX!
             Beta #1- 703!  Beta #2- 4,004! 
             First U/S, 5wk0d- TWO gest sacs, Both with yolk sacs and a fetal pole both measuring 3d ahead!
    ((Thank you LORD, praying these LO grow, grow, grow!)) 
    **Due date Jan 14th- Boy/Girl twins**

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We never really told anyone, but recently there was a stupid status thing where if you "were dumb enough to care and comment" you had to choose a status to post- one of them a false pregnancy claim. I let her know it was insensitive and glad she never had to deal with infertility- but for the women seeing crap like that on FB it was just another slap in the face. I am still scared as hell. I can't stand being on bmb, I like it here where I can lurk and support women who get it.
    January 2007- Stop BCP! Let's DO this!
    June 2010- MFI. BS. IVF! Ectopic. BS. image

November 2010- FAILED FET! BS!
    January 2011- BFP FET! TWINS!
    February 2011- lost twin. BS. image

SEPTEMBER 2011- DD Born! Most awesome girl in the world!

November 2013- FAILED FET! BS! (screw you November FETs)
    April Fresh Cycle, FAILED. Frozen embryos frozen for future FETs.
    FROZEN CYCLE JUNE! BFP
    BABY BOY VINCENT!

We can't wait to meet you!
    Conception:image
    imageimage Potato Love!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    For me I feel like I'm a pretty normal pregnant lady. It did take me a while to feel comfy, but at about 20-24 weeks or so I felt much like a normal pregnant lady. I am pretty active on my BMB but those boards are HARD in the beginning. I think not does get easier but you never forget and sometimes comments still sting. Hang in there I'm sure it will get easier.
    ******************** BFP Warning *******************

I'm 29 and DH is 32 we have a MFI (low count) 
    IVF #1 starting in August. ER 9/5/13 23 eggs we are fertilizing 15. 9 frozen
    ET 9/10 - transferred 1 perfect 5AA blast
    7dp5dt BFP ~~ Beta on 9/19 - 77.4 Beta #2 on 9/21 - 357
    Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13
    Tests revealed MTHFR c677t mutation, put on Folgard.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #1 1/6/14 - 4BB blast - BFN
    FET #2 - 3/3/14 - 5AB Blast -- Beta #1 3/12 - 152 -- Beta #2 3/14 - 358
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #3 06/09/16 - 5AB Blast - Beta #1 6/18- 245 -- Beta #2 06/20 - 600
     PAIF/SAIF/PAL/SAL welcome!

• Options
    Completely normal! I didn't settle down some until after my NT scan... And even now I am a wreck. What helped me was having my cycle buddies on IF board to talk to, the ladies on 3T encouragement, and this board. I was very open in my intro about IF on my BMB, and one of the first post I made was calling all fertility treatment gals. You would be surprised how many of "us" there are.

You will always have your struggles in the back of your mind, and trust me when I say 1st tri is HARD! But several ladies will testify that I went through some rough days. Lean on those of us around you. @southernyankeegirl kept me sane many a days. Lol 

Btw, I've mentioned "ferties" and the "I started trying this morning, and got pregnant this afternoon" people in my UOs and FFFCs. Hang in there! 
    ;)
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Waited a long time, tried a lot of stuff, science made me a mom.
     Loss and IF veteran. Current mom of DS 5.5, DD 2, and sometimes DH 40. Due June 2021 with TWINS
  • Options
    I think my bmb is getting easier the further along I get. I don't think I took a breath until we got through the maternity21 and nt scan. We announced last week and I'm still not 100% comfortable talking to people about it. My mom struggled too as did my sister and both said they didn't relax until after their babies were born.
     image image image
    TTC since 3/2011 Adenomyosis, LPD, hypothyroidism. 
    BFP on 7/20/12 after 4 cycles Clomid + IUI 
    2 large subchorionic hematomas & no heartbeat at 7w6d   
    D&E 8/18/12 Sonohysterography found septum and necrotic tissue.   
    Hysteroscopy to remove both 10/5
    IUI #5-7 50mg Clomid + trigger = BFN  
    IUI #8 Femara + Bravelle + HCG + Progesterone = BFP 3/27/13
    Beta 1 (13dpo) = 169  Beta 2 (17dpo) = 1073  No heartbeat at 9w3d. 
    D & C 5/10/13  Triploidy 69 (paternal inherited)
    IVF #1 with ICSI and PGS 11R 8M 5F 2 biopsied/frozen
    PGS results = 1 with trisomy 13 & 1 good embryo for FET 
    FET #1 EV, estrace, nitro patches.  Cancelled due to thin lining
    FET #1.2 oral estrace, f'ing nitro patches and no delestrogen.  Transfer 12/31. BFN
    PAIF/SAIF welcome
    Surprise BFP on 6/13/14  Our only unmedicated bfp ever.
    Beta #1 339  Beta #2 649 44 hour doubling time
  • Options
    I've been reading this post with interest, wondering if I'll feel better eventually. There are a couple of people on my BMB who are on baby #5-7, and I really just want to reach through the computer and smack them, especially when they're derisive and dismissive of normal first timer fears.

The main reason I'm responding here is to say that we've started a Infertility/TTTC check-in group for the April 15 moms. Let me know if you want me to include you in the next post! (Tuesdays, sorta by accident).

@jaztastic - WTH is FFFC?!?!
    **********************siggy/ticker warning**********************

***Losses mentioned.*** TTC #1 since May 2012. Me: 37, OH: 41. Ectopic August 2012 => tubal damage. :'(  Stage 1 endo removed June 2013. IVF #1 Oct/Nov 2013: Long Lupron with Gonal-F. 7R, 7M, 7F. 2 txfer@3d. Nothing frozen.  => M/C @ 8 wks. :'( Selected RPL panel all normal. Very hyper and brittle response to stims. IVF #2 (antagonist protocol) Feb 2014 => Converted to IUI (Perfect conditions). BFN. IVF #2.1 w/ new RE June 2014: Antagonist protocol. 33R, 31M, 30F, 19 blasts to test!!! I made it through without crashing!! :) Hats off to Dr. Fancypants!! ET of one 5AB blast. BFN. 13 10 CCS'ed snowflakes! FET #1 PUPO as of 7/29 Betas: 8/7@24, 8/9@97, 8/11@334 (etc.) Two sacs on 8/15, one seen on 8/18 after a bleed. U/s 8/25 (6+3) "perfect": 5.9 mm + HB@120bpm! U/s 9/4 (7+6): 15.9 mm + HB@172 bpm! Please, PLEASE stick this time!!!!
    http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae39/catfreeburg/866da40f5178fed79efe23fc8a4e8a_zps4498a9cc.jpgimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    @pblge‌ Flame Free Friday Confessions (most of the community boards do them)
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
     Loss and IF veteran. Current mom of DS 5.5, DD 2, and sometimes DH 40. Due June 2021 with TWINS
  • Options
    It definitely has affected me - I am don't want anything on FB related to my pregnancy (maybe after viability at 24 weeks but even then not sure).  

And horrible as I feel about it - I definitely feel a stab of jealousy/envy/anger/frustration, etc when I hear of people getting pregnant with no problem or on accident.  It also really annoys / upsets me when those who do know of our struggles tell me - oh, I bet you will have no trouble getting pregnant a 2nd time.  Really?  Because it took us 2 1/2 years to get pregnant and if we do decide to have a 2nd, I will be that much older - so how does that mean I will get pregnant right away?  And I realize that I am relatively fortunate in that it only took 2 1/2 years and not longer.  (let alone we don't even know if we would have a 2nd given how hard this has all been)

I also get annoyed when people tell me I should read Expecting Better (Emily Oster) or that I really can have some of the taboo items.  You know what - I bet I could but I am not about to take ANY chances whatsoever given what it took to get here.

I think IF brain never goes away.  It will always be part of us in some way or form.
    ***signature/ticker warning***
    Me:37 DH:39
    TTC#1 since 3/2012

Diagnosis : Unexplained Infertility

3 BFN rounds Clomid + IUI
    IVF 1 - BFN, 1 Frozen
    IVF 2 - BFN, 5 Frozen
    FET 1 - BFP!!! EDD 1/24/15 Beta 1: 700, Beta 2: 2,156; 1st U/S 6w3d: HB 118bpm, 2nd U/S 9w3d: HB 171bpm

imageimageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm 25 weeks tmr and finally almost feeling like a normal prego, and not as jealous of ppl who are very fertile. My BMB got easier as I got further along. That's why I hang out on both boards, here we can all relate because of what we've been through, but the BMB is also nice because our timelines are similar.

I remember coming here at week 5 or 6 and got great advice from other PAIFers who were further along, it's amazing now I can do the same thing, like give advice on PIO shots that I barely remember taking!

I wish you all the best of luck, hope you get over the initial insecurity period and have a happy and healthy pregnancy :)
    Pregnant with #2

IVF cycle 1 (Nov 2013)- freeze all d/t OHSS
    FET #1-BFN
    FET #2-BFP baby girl born Dec 2014
    FET #3-Sept 2017 BFP but miscarried at 6 weeks

IVF cycle 2 (Oct 2017)- freeze all again d/t OHSS
    FET #1 BPF, pregnant with a singleton due Sept 2018

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Want to know the most annoying thing I have been told this week?

We are celebrating our 2 year anniversary this weekend, and one of my friends said, "See? Pregnant by your second anniversary! There was no need for all that worrying, you just had to be patient!"

Um, well, without that worrying which drove me to fertility treatments, and the $$$$ we spent on several failed cycles to finally get our BFP, I highly doubt I would have been pregnant by my second anniversary. And we went off birth control 6 months before our wedding, soooo there! Bite me!
    ************************SIGGY WARNING***********************

Me: 29      DH:  32
    Off birth control March 2012 - Actively trying Sept 2012-April 2014
    Unexplained Infertility
    BFP on May 5th after Follistim & IUI #3
    Ryan Henry - born 1/10/15, 7 lb 5 oz, 20 1/4 inches

NTNP for a sibling starting March 2015
    Waiting on cycle to resume while EBF

imageimage

• Options
    WA1215WA1215 member
    edited September 2014
    I feel like I'm not able to connect with people on my BMB, mostly because those who haven't gone through IF are so non chalant about topics us IFers freak out about. They just don't get it and never will. As far as feeling comfortable, and not worrying, it's very hard! I have been told by family that I'm not even showing yet...and why aren't I feeling any movement? Those comments freak me out even more and make me feel like somethings wrong. IF has taken away the happiness and excitement fertiles have. Instead of looking forward to and wanting to celebrate after our AS appointment next week, we are being cautious and we will "wait to see how the appointment goes". IF sucks, but I have to keep telling myself that we will get through this, and it will make me stronger and appreciate the struggle someday!
    **All welcome**
     Me: 33 Hypothyroid, HBP, Low Vit D Anemic, Stage 2 Adrenal failure. Unexplained Infertility
    DH: 33 Cancer survivor 
    Married Dec. 2007
    10/2013 Clomid, bfn
    10/2013 HSG, all clear
    11/2013 Clomid, bfn. Cyst burst.
    IUI #1 - 12/31/2013  Femara, Ovidrel - BFN.
    IUI #2 - 1/31/2014 Femara, Ovidrel - BFN.
    IUI #3 - 2/22/2014 Femara, Ovidrel - BFN.
    IUI #4 - 3/24/2014 Femara, Ovidrel - BFN
    IVF Summer 2014 -Cancelled!
    Natural BFP 5/28! Beta: 545.
    1st ultrasound 6/18 - one bean!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    hopeby2015hopeby2015 member
    edited September 2014
    I have a relative who keeps asking when I'll make it fb official .. it drives me nuts sometimes! I'm 20 wks tomorrow and I'm still so nervous!! B.w now and v-day seems like a lifetime away! Anything can happen! And no one seems to understand this. I don't wanna announce to the world we're having a baby and then 2 weeks later (God forbid) we lost the baby. It would be hard enough dealing with it on our own, let alone with people on fb! Fertiles just don't understand!

*May Siggy Challenge - Parenting Fails*

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'll be 24 weeks tomorrow and I'm still a nervous mess. Fertiles don't understand and, in reality, I wouldn't wish they had to understand. This feeling of not being able to enjoy a pregnancy isn't something that is normal for most women. For us, however, it's just a part of the pregnancy routine.

I'm pretty sure that I'll worry about something or other until our baby arrives. I set small milestones that we celebrate and I love those days. It doesn't really make me feel like a "normal" pregnant woman, rather it lets me celebrate the smaller milestones that many pregnant women take for granted.

Being an infertile pregnant woman is hard, but remember how strong you had to be to get through treatments. That same strength will get you through your pregnancy with only a few crazy moments and maybe even a little grace somewhere in there!!

BabyFruit Ticker

ttc #2 since 2004 Me (35): Stage 3 Endo, DH (34): High DNA Frag

IVF/ICSI #2: April 2014: BFP!!!!!!

ET of 2 great quality embryos. + BFP on 9dp5dt. Beta #1 (10dp5dt): 257, Beta #2 (14dp5dt): 1561,

Beta #3 (21dp5d5): 8,172. Wow. It seems this is actually working. Shocked beyond belief.

1st u/s @6w5d: Baby A hb 124, Baby B hb 127 (Both measuring perfectly!)

Lost baby A. Praying that baby B stays healthy. Baby B hb 175 at 11 weeks

It's a GIRL!!!

imageimageimage

My Blog

• Options
    @WA1215‌ we are both F15 right?
  • Options
    I have mentioned it a couple of times on my BMB (Feb15) about the IF envy. It still bothers me when I hear about "honeymoon" babies too.

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    jaztastic said:
    @WA1215‌ we are both F15 right?

Yes! :)
    **All welcome**
     Me: 33 Hypothyroid, HBP, Low Vit D Anemic, Stage 2 Adrenal failure. Unexplained Infertility
    DH: 33 Cancer survivor 
    Married Dec. 2007
    10/2013 Clomid, bfn
    10/2013 HSG, all clear
    11/2013 Clomid, bfn. Cyst burst.
    IUI #1 - 12/31/2013  Femara, Ovidrel - BFN.
    IUI #2 - 1/31/2014 Femara, Ovidrel - BFN.
    IUI #3 - 2/22/2014 Femara, Ovidrel - BFN.
    IUI #4 - 3/24/2014 Femara, Ovidrel - BFN
    IVF Summer 2014 -Cancelled!
    Natural BFP 5/28! Beta: 545.
    1st ultrasound 6/18 - one bean!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I've found myself feeling pretty "normal" until a random subject will come up about "how many more kids are you gonna have" or when girls make the comment of "I think I'm gonna wait until so and so is 9 months so our kids are x amount of time spaced apart" and I realize I do NOT belong on those conversations.
    Me (28) DH (32)  Endometriosis                                                                                   IVF  #1 (1/2013) - 17 Retrieved, 16 Mature, 14 Fertilized- 2 transferred- BFN
    FET #1 (7/2013) - 2 embryos - BFN
    FET #2 (9/2013) - 2 emrbyos - BFN
    New RE. Fresh Start
    IVF  #2 (2/2014) - 25 Retrieved, 19 Mature, 16 Fertilized, 9 blasts.
                                 CGH Testing: 6 Normal
    FET #3 (4/2014) -1 embryo -  BFP! Beta#1: 35 Beta #2: 16 :(
    FET #4 (5/2014) -1 embryo -  BFP! Beta#1: 321!!! Beta #2: 727.9!
    6/5/2014 Heartbeat! 144bpm It's a girl!
    Due January!

• Options
    I'd say I don't feel too bothered by infertility now, but I also didn't really let myself get excited until after our anatomy scan and around the 20-24wk mark.  Even now that I've had months to let it sink in that I'm pregnant and am starting to get uncomfortable with my size, I still have moments where I think "I can't believe I'm actually pregnant!  How cool!".  I don't know if non IF'ers get to have those moments like we do.

I'm not super active on the boards but do lurk on my BMB frequently. Now that everyone's in the third trimester I feel like I can relate to the FTM's who are asking the same kinds of questions about birth etc. that I have. I feel like I'm in some weird limbo of being a FTM and STM at the same time.

I've tried a few times to lurk on the 2u2 board, but haven't joined in the conversation yet.  Now there's a board full of fertile!  I think one of the GTKY's was "how long did it take you between kids to get pregnant"...  So yeah, I haven't been able to relate to those conversations yet and might not ever be able to.
    TTC #1 9/11-12/12, 9/12 Dx: Hypothyroid + DOR (AMH .76), IUI #1 & #2 BFN's
    1/13 Decided to pursue DIA, 4/13 Home study Approved 9/13 Matched!
    10/13 DS home with us! 2/14 TPR completed  5/14 ADOPTION IS FINAL!
    3/14 Surprise BFP 11/14 DD is here!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    This sounds exactly how I've been feeling. We spontaneously got pregnant after 7 years of infertility and being turned down for IVF from two seperate fertility docs. Im only 9 weeks and I am terrified about buying anything and still shy away from people who pregnancy came so easily to. I feel guilty for not going through ivf when my other IF friends have gone through great lengths for their children. My best friend is also IF and I cried telling her because of the guilt. She has been so supportive but i know that feeling when one more person announces they are pregnant. I don't think ill stop worrying until this baby is in my arms.
  • Options
    I'm so glad this convo was started. I was on my bmb and seriously appalled at not only the things these ladies were complaining about (things we typically love!) but also how they treated each other. O. M. G. Some of those ladies have horrible attitudes! Who cares if it's a stupid question, I've had more than my fair share on this and the multiples board and no one treats me like that. I've been too nervous intimidated to post anything over there for fear of being bullied, that's terrible. Thank goodness for all you kind ladies!!
    First natural BFP June 2013
    Ectopic July 2012 with fallopian tube and ovary removal :(

First IVF (after 1 cancelled cycle) Jan 2014, 
    ER 1/16
    ET 1/21
    Beta 1/31 BFP!
    Beta 2: 400
    Beta 3: 700
    Beta 4: 11,000  
    Beta 5: 45,000
    1st US 2/18:  TWINS!!!  :)
    EDD: 10/10/14
    Delivered via c section 9/17/14, B/G twins

• Options
    Girl, preach. @jkayb123 I was just saying to someone that my BMB has a few nasty Bs who have no idea how lucky they are.  They ripped a girl a new one today and, while I am not usually Internet-confrontational, I totally went back at them because this girl was an IVFer and that's a sisterhood you don't eff with.

Me: 27 DH: 27

October 2013: Endo erosion/ Clear HSG

March 2014: SA #1/  2%morph, borderline sperm count, decent motility

June 2014: SA#2/  2% morph, low sperm count, worse motility

Plan: "Quick Start IVF"/antagonist protocol with Follistim, Ganirelix, Ovidrel and progesterone suppositories (yay)

High AMH (11) and Low BMI= low doses of everything to prevent OHSS

July 27, 2014: Started Follistim injections for ten days

July 31, 2014: U/S= 20 follicles, 8.5 lining, E2 is good, Ganirelix for 4 days starting 8/2

August 4, 2014: 14 follicles on-track, good lining, Trigger 8/6

August 9, 2014: 9 ICSIed/ 5 embryos; aiming for a 5dt on 8/13

August 13, 2014: 5DT of 1 4BA almost-hatching blastocyst (Please hang in, Little Bug!)

August 14, 2014: We have 3 frosties! Hope they're having fun hanging out together. :)

August 23, 2014: Beta #1: 144 8/23/14: Beta #2: 374 Beta 8/25/14  Beta #3: 6,600 9/3/14

September 9, 2014: Ultrasound #1 115 heartbeats per minute

September 23, 2014: Ultrasound #2 182 heartbeats per minute 

September 26, 2014: Love my OB's office

October 10, 2014: Our baby looks like a baby and is moving all over!  

December 8, 2014: Anatomy scan- It's a girl! 

"Hope strengthens.  Fear kills."- Karen Marie Moning

"Heaviness is only temporary; the daylight will soon break in."- needtobreathe

• Options
    @LO95 - I think we're on the same BMB!

The hardest thing for me to get used to so far is how entirely different it is from the 3T board where I've been spending all my time.  It is totally overwhelming how many women are due that month.  It's super weird how many drive-bys there are trying to get you to read their HPT for them.  Also, it is weird to see so many women either get their feelings hurt and lash out over literally nothing at all, or the opposite of that where someone asks a simple question and they get torn to shreds over it.  It definitely doesn't feel like a community as much as 3T does.  I already feel homesick for that board but don't want to come off like I'm flaunting my BFP in their faces.  Oh yeah, and then there are all the m/c posts.  I don't have a problem with people posting that they're "out", they definitely deserve love and support.  But it really proves the statistic that 25% of pregnancies end in miscarriage in the first weeks.  It took me so long to get here...I am terrified of something going wrong.

I assume that over the course of our pregnancies we will start to connect more and find a more community like tone.  It's still early days and we have another two weeks minimum of new ladies showing up with BFPs and unfortunately some leaving because of losses.  I hope we find something to bond over.

-----------------------------------SIGGY WARNING-------------------------------------

Me: 31| DH: 36
    TTC #1 Since 07/2010
    DX: Unexplained Infertility
    TX: 
    IUI #1 on 7/3/14 100 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI (44 million sperm, 1 dominant follie) = BFN
    IUI #2: on 7/28/14 100 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI (23 million sperm, 2 dominant follies) = BFN

IUI #3 on 8/22/2014 100 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI (53 million sperm, 2 dominant follies)= BFP MMC @ 7weeks

• Options
    @kmdecoux‌ - may I suggest starting an Infertility Check-in on your BMB? It can help identify fellow infertility survivors who might share similar feelings.

My BMB was nutty at first but give it a month or so and the regs will be more established and the crazies will have mostly simmered down.
    ************************SIGGY WARNING***********************

Me: 29      DH:  32
    Off birth control March 2012 - Actively trying Sept 2012-April 2014
    Unexplained Infertility
    BFP on May 5th after Follistim & IUI #3
    Ryan Henry - born 1/10/15, 7 lb 5 oz, 20 1/4 inches

NTNP for a sibling starting March 2015
    Waiting on cycle to resume while EBF

imageimage

• Options
    @southernyankeegirl - I'm late to the M15 party.  Another 3T grad already beat me to it.  :)

I have been lurking a lot on the BMB today and I've started realizing just what you said...it will take a few months to weed out the "crazies".  Today was a particularly eventful day on May '15.  I will say this...it may not be as warm and cuddly as 3T but there is no lack of entertainment.

-----------------------------------SIGGY WARNING-------------------------------------

Me: 31| DH: 36
    TTC #1 Since 07/2010
    DX: Unexplained Infertility
    TX: 
    IUI #1 on 7/3/14 100 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI (44 million sperm, 1 dominant follie) = BFN
    IUI #2: on 7/28/14 100 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI (23 million sperm, 2 dominant follies) = BFN

IUI #3 on 8/22/2014 100 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI (53 million sperm, 2 dominant follies)= BFP MMC @ 7weeks

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"