October 2014 Moms
Options

What size range for clothing for newborn photos for mom?

I am sure there is a range dependent on each person...so I plan to get a few different tops in different sizes to make sure I have something that works, but just curious what size clothes should I expect to wear in the first week or so after delivery? I am expecting my weight gain to remain in what is recommended by my doctor, if that helps!
July Siggy Challenge: Fireworks Fails

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: What size range for clothing for newborn photos for mom?

• Options
    There's literally no way to really know.

Do you have any wrap dresses or something flowy? I figure I'll just wear the things I've been wearing to work. Not all of those have been maternity--I have some wrap dresses that are really flowy from my "fat" days 5 years ago from Express or Limited or whatnot. That's what I'll go with. NO PANTS.
  • Options
    I think they usually say around what size you were at 6 months pregnant.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Also, some women literally look JUST as pregnant a week later. Probably not a large percentage, but some. And I know another woman (an ultra-marathoner, so she ran a LOT during pregnancy and was fit) who at 12 weeks pp, hasn't lost anything more than 10 pounds. She literally cannot lose it, but that's another discussion to the age-old "you'll lose weight so fast if you breastfeed" discussion. Not everyone loses weight breastfeeding. Some do. Maybe even most do. But. Not all, so I'm preparing myself for it.
  • Options
    I would plan on a size or so bigger and wear a non-maternity flowy top with maternity jeans or leggings. That way you'll be comfortable. Also, a newborn photographer who knows their stuff won't do any full body photos of you, or at least will ask you what you're comfortable having photographed. Most will just do ribcage or chest and up photos with you in them at that point.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Wait a second, I didn't know anything about moms being in newborn photos. Is this common?

imageimageimage
  • Options
    They say you'll be leaving the hospital in whatever size you were at 5-6 months pregnant and you'll probably go down from there. I would bank on 5-6 month clothes but if you won't be having the photo session for a few weeks after the baby is born, I would maybe also have a size smaller ready just in case. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    I second the leggings and flowy top. I wore comfy non maternity but still stretchy shorts (it was July) and a looser fitting tshirt.

@Saragoeswest‌ You're not the focal point but it is fairly common to have a few photos of mom and dad with the new baby.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    First baby I wore non maternity pants home....just not buttoned. It went down hill from there!
    You won't know until your there unfortunately.
  • Options
    MorganWP said:
    I second the leggings and flowy top. I wore comfy non maternity but still stretchy shorts (it was July) and a looser fitting tshirt. @Saragoeswest‌ You're not the focal point but it is fairly common to have a few photos of mom and dad with the new baby.
    This is good to know!

imageimageimage
  • Options
    One week pp I still looked six months pregnant. I'm now a little over 2 weeks pp and I still look about four months pregnant. I'm living in yoga pants and a couple of my maternity dresses.
    ---------------Siggy Warning--------------------

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    Me: 32, DH: 34  / TTC since February 2011 / SA: all normal, HSG: all clear! / on Lovenox for anticardiolipid antibodies
    4 IUIs with Clomid, Letrozole, and Menopur. All BFN.
    9/12: lap / hysteroscopy: found and removed mild endometriosis, cervical polyp, and 2 para-tubular cysts
    5/13 IVF #1: Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix, 10R/4M/4F, ET of 2, 5 cell and 4 cell, no frosties = BFN
    12/13 IVF #2 = November / December 2013. Microdose Lupron Protocol: 15R/6M/6F, Froze all 6 due to high E2 and P4
    FET 1: Jan 22, 2014 of one 4AB blast and one 3BB blast (3 blasts on ice!)
    BFP on HPT 4dp5dt, Beta #1 9dp5dt: 310, Beta #2 11dp5dt: 899
    First u/s on 2/17/14: TWINS!!!!! both w/HBs of 114 at 6w3d, HBs 150 and 152 at 7w5d

5/27/2014: Team purple!!!!  EDD 10/10/2014 / 
    Delivered by c-section at 32w0d 8/15/2014 due to preeclampsia/HELLP syndrome
    Baby Boy 4lbs 1oz, 17 inches
    Baby Girl 3lbs 5oz, 16 inches

imageimage
  • Options
    I think for the time of year DD will be born, I think I will buy a few nursing tanks and wear some button down sweaters over them.
  • Options
    That shirt is really cute @Di_126‌ !!

I think I will purchase a couple. Thank you for the rec!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"