Working Moms
Options

What do you do when the recruiters call?

I've started getting a call or two per month from recruiters, and I'm curious what others do when recruiters call. I've been returning their calls and politely letting them know that I'm not looking right now - I'm not in a good spot to make a move for a variety of reasons. My thought is that I'd want them to keep calling if I ever am interested in finding a new gig. Do any of you have any insight on how recruiters work and whether they care that I call them back or not?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What do you do when the recruiters call?

• Options
    I don't always answer.  But when I do, I'll talk and listen.  I think it's a great way to get to know what's going on in my industry.  And they can keep me in mind if something awesome comes up down the road.
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• Options
    I talk to them.  Mostly to learn about the industry...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree with @CK2MD‌ . I am in accounting and there are tons of recruiters. Last week I got 4 phone calls. If they have something that interests me I call them back. If not, I don't. In my industry, a recruiter will never refuse to take a potential candidate's call because they didn't call them back once.

• Options
    i let all my calls go to voicemail- i do recognize the recruiter numbers.  they always leave a message detailing the location and if i happen to know someone who is looking for anything. in the 2.5 years since posting my resume with my cellphone (big mistake!) on an online job site for my profession they haven't stopped calling. it's less frequent now, but they still call at least once a week. 

if i hear anything interesting i would be compelled to call back but for now since i'm fresh back to work from ML i'm adjusting. 

i don't think they care if you call them back. i haven't called back in 2 years! 

TTC#2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our little IVF miracle born 5/7/2014
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"