February 2014 Moms

Recommend your food processor

I've never owned a food processor and I'm sick of grating/slicing/chopping/etc. things by hand.  So, what do you have?  Do you like it or hate it?  What should I be looking for in a food processor?  I'm willing to spend a decent amount to get a good one that will last me a long time, but I feel clueless about what I should be looking for.  TIA!

Re: Recommend your food processor

• Thanks for the input @Bookshelves‌!
  • Cuisinart or KitchenAid. Can't go wrong with either one.
    F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • We have a cuisinart food processor, but I end up making most of DS's purees in our KitchenAid blender.
    BFP #1 9/2010 (lost our baby at 21 weeks) BFP #2 8/2011 (ectopic pregnancy) BFP #3 10/2011 (chemical pregnancy) BFP #4 12/2011 (Abigail born 8/15/12) BFP #5 5/2013 (Griffin born 1/23/14 with heart defects, now repaired!)

photo 72ec2e97-1e39-4650-8caa-7a40c9ac500b.jpg imagephoto 929c6b58-8824-44a8-a8a6-68330306a3a9.jpg
  • We have a Ninja. I freakin love that a thing!

• I love my cuisinart. I use it all the time . I've got no complaints.
  • Thanks @TessyMessy‌ ‌ & @BB0214‌! TB is being stupid and won't let me give you love tits. :(|)
  • Also thanks to @shellbell3845‌ & @sdlaura‌! Looks like I will check out the Cuisinart and kitchenaid ones.

@TessyMessy‌ - is the ninja much different than a blender? I have a good blender but I want something that will slice, grate, chop, etc.
  • @goobermom‌ The ninja is much more powerful than a regular blender..plus it came with the the food processor, dough blade and single serving cup for smoothies/milkshakes. I use my ninja all the time. Love it.

• I have a cuisinart professional series that I got from a friend brand new (she got it as a wedding gift). I love it for diving onions up super tiny because I hate cutting them by hand and tasting them in my food... I've also used it quite a bit for other veggies and grinding graham crackers up for cheesecakes. Honestly haven't used all the attachments yet... But I still love it.. And I just throw the different parts in the dishwasher to be cleaned when done.
  • DH loves his Cuisinart Pro.  He's totally obsessed.  I don't cook, but it seems awesome so I will 4th the recommendations for it.  

F'14 October Siggy Challenge: Animals in Costumes

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"