September 2012 Moms
Options

FFFC

BPerBPer member
edited August 2014 in September 2012 Moms
I'll try not to disappear today, but my kid hates life, so no promises.

I got a little bloody Mary drunk while golfing on Wednesday. I really had to pee, and we weren't near any bathrooms on the course, so I found a tree to squat behind, as I usually do.

I tried just pulling my skort to the side, because apparently that's better than being found bare-assed at the country club.

Well, this skirt wasn't very stretchy, and I ended up peeing all over myself. Like all over myself. We still had 4 holes to go. And the ride home, with my pee soaked skirt. Luckily H thought it was hilarious.

Edit: Samsung auto correct is worse than iphone.

Re: FFFC

• Options
    edited August 2014
    I had one just last night. Hmmmm....
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I tried bribing Maya with a toy to get her to open her mouth for the dentist yesterday. It did not work.
  • Options
    FIL said the word retard about ten times in a conversation.  I didn't say anything.  I felt so weird about it, but didn't know what to say.  I told DH.  DH said FIL wouldn't stop even if I did say something.  I still feel weird about it.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • Options
    I tried bribing Maya with a toy to get her to open her mouth for the dentist yesterday. It did not work.
    I didn't take Ethan to the dentist until he was 4.5 for this reason.  I knew no matter what I said/did it wouldn't go well.  Darn kids need to chill out and trust us.
  • Options
    I didn't take Ethan to the dentist until he was 4.5 for this reason.  I knew no matter what I said/did it wouldn't go well.  Darn kids need to chill out and trust us.
    When Sophia went, she just cried.  It made the exam super easy for the dentist, who could see all of her teeth perfectly.  He put fluoride foam on her teeth and handed her a toy- whole thing took 2 min. 

Is it bad that my dentist knew to bribe her, but the thought would have never occurred to me?  The toy was a pink tiger squeaky toy that she plays with in the tub, and still talks about how the dentist gave it to her.  I don't think this will make the next appointment any easier though- I imagine they just got harder with age for a little while.
  • Options

She went six months ago and did awesome. She did great with the hygienist this time, but no-go with the dentist.
  • Options

FIL said the word retard about ten times in a conversation.  I didn't say anything.  I felt so weird about it, but didn't know what to say.  I told DH.  DH said FIL wouldn't stop even if I did say something.  I still feel weird about it.

I have struggled with my H's family with the "N" word. I know, it's terrible. I have H fair warning when Maya was born that I would be speaking up if they said it in front of the kids and, if they didn't stop, we would be leaving. I give him a gentle reminder before family events. He also spoke to his dad about it and they have been surprisingly respectful and careful since then.
    I think even if FIL won't stop, I will have DH say something. In ten years of knowing them, this is the first I've heard him say it. Not that it makes it okay, but at least it's not a regular thing. They (not DH) use to say the N word a lot, but have pretty much stopped since they knew I wasn't okay with it.
  • Options
    Today is my last day at my current job. I start my new job on Tuesday and I'm scared to death that I've made a terrible mistake. I'm sure I didn't, and it will all work out, and I'll learn the ropes eventually...blah, blah, blah. But right now I'm kicking myself for leaving my comfortable, familiar, safe job and taking a risk. It always seems like a good idea at the time, right? 

I guess the FFFC part is that if they hadn't already promoted my assistant director to my old position I would seriously consider backing out and staying here. *sigh*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was driving like an asshole this morning without even realizing it. I take a back road to work, and I was just cruising along, apparently way too close to the driver in front of me because all of a sudden he slammed on his brakes, put on his flashers and pulled to the side of the road. As I slowed and then passed him, he was gesturing and mouthing "asshole." And then he pulled his truck back out and nearly crashed into the side of my car before I got in front of him. Oops, guess I'd better pay better attention. But seriously, perhaps a tad overkill on his side too.

• Options
    I find that it's difficult/awkward to correct the in-laws. If it were my family, I'd be like, "Hey, let's not use that word," even more so if the kids were right there. But I feel like saying something like that to DH's family is going to make me look like a bitch.

• Options
    When Sophia went, she just cried.  It made the exam super easy for the dentist, who could see all of her teeth perfectly.  He put fluoride foam on her teeth and handed her a toy- whole thing took 2 min. 

Is it bad that my dentist knew to bribe her, but the thought would have never occurred to me?  The toy was a pink tiger squeaky toy that she plays with in the tub, and still talks about how the dentist gave it to her.  I don't think this will make the next appointment any easier though- I imagine they just got harder with age for a little while.
    Yeah, my kids have been the same way, and they forget for awhile between appointments, so the crying continues for a few visits. But, I guess I'm mean bc I'd rather my kids cry for a few minutes and have healthy teeth than delay going to the dentist bc it might upset them. And we see a pediatric dentist, so I figure she and her staff are used to crying kids.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    melody921 said:

I find that it's difficult/awkward to correct the in-laws. If it were my family, I'd be like, "Hey, let's not use that word," even more so if the kids were right there. But I feel like saying something like that to DH's family is going to make me look like a bitch.
    I feel like this too, however the chance that my kid could hear, absorb, think or speak things like that overrides that thought.

ETA: changed wording a little
  • Options
    MomtobeNJ said:
    Today is my last day at my current job. I start my new job on Tuesday and I'm scared to death that I've made a terrible mistake. I'm sure I didn't, and it will all work out, and I'll learn the ropes eventually...blah, blah, blah. But right now I'm kicking myself for leaving my comfortable, familiar, safe job and taking a risk. It always seems like a good idea at the time, right? 

I guess the FFFC part is that if they hadn't already promoted my assistant director to my old position I would seriously consider backing out and staying here. *sigh*
    You'll do great! It's always scary to venture into the unknown, but that's how you grow and find even better opportunities. GL on Tuesday! Enjoy the long weekend before your new adventure!

• Options
    melody921 said:
    MomtobeNJ said:

You'll do great! It's always scary to venture into the unknown, but that's how you grow and find even better opportunities. GL on Tuesday! Enjoy the long weekend before your new adventure!
    Thanks so much! I really do think I'll like it once I get acclimated. And there won't be much resting this weekend, unfortunately. I start the new job on Tuesday and next Saturday we have 50 people coming to the house for DD's birthday party. GREAT TIMING! No, it will all be great. Even though I'll be busy it's still a 3 day weekend. I am planning absolutely nothing for the next 2 weekends after the party so I can recuperate and be lazy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    melody921 said:
    I was driving like an asshole this morning without even realizing it. I take a back road to work, and I was just cruising along, apparently way too close to the driver in front of me because all of a sudden he slammed on his brakes, put on his flashers and pulled to the side of the road. As I slowed and then passed him, he was gesturing and mouthing "asshole." And then he pulled his truck back out and nearly crashed into the side of my car before I got in front of him. Oops, guess I'd better pay better attention. But seriously, perhaps a tad overkill on his side too.
    I love when people pull over and get out of my way - then I don't have to worry about driving behind their slow asses. haha

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options
    melody921 said:
    I love when people pull over and get out of my way - then I don't have to worry about driving behind their slow asses. haha
    Ha! I love it as long as they don't then nearly run me off the road, like this guy did.

• Options

I have struggled with my H's family with the "N" word. I know, it's terrible. I gave H fair warning when Maya was born that I would be speaking up if they said it in front of the kids and, if they didn't stop, we would be leaving. I give him a gentle reminder before family events. He also spoke to his dad about it and they have been surprisingly respectful and careful since then.

The N word?! First time someone said that in front of my child, we'd be walking out the door and not coming back.  Granted, I have reason to be more sensitive. But that's just insane to me that people are still ignorant (or assholes) enough to use that word.

They used to say it all the time. I would just quietly excuse myself. It's different with the kids obviously. BIL's say it and even a couple of my nephews. It makes me cringe.

• Options
    Nita2603 said:

So DS1 is potty trained now. Turning 3 in October. He did it by himself, just was done with diapers one day, announced just that and that was the potty training. So I had it easy.

Shameful confession part of this: I hate having a potty trained kid. I miss diapers, I miss being able to just get going wherever for how long I wanted without having to pull over at the drop of a hat. I hate having a potty in my trunk.

It just is not at all what I hoped it would be.

Yep, it has it's own challenges. It does get better when every time they have to go isn't an emergency and you don't have to worry about accidents as much. It takes a while though.
  • Options
    I've never heard anyone actually use the N word.  Am I just super sheltered?  I would definitely not stand for that kind of language around me, let alone my kids.
  • Options
    It's DEAD at the office today, so I'm listening to country music and leisurely making my way through my to-do list, counting down the hours to a long weekend jam-packed with concerts, family get-togethers and hopefully glorious weather.

• Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    Nita2603 said:
    So DS1 is potty trained now. Turning 3 in October. He did it by himself, just was done with diapers one day, announced just that and that was the potty training. So I had it easy. Shameful confession part of this: I hate having a potty trained kid. I miss diapers, I miss being able to just get going wherever for how long I wanted without having to pull over at the drop of a hat. I hate having a potty in my trunk. It just is not at all what I hoped it would be.
    I always say diapers are 1000 times easier than a potty trained kid. Luckily James has never peed in his car seat but I have had the fear many times when I hear "I have to go potty right now" from the back seat.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    shiggybop said:
    I wish I would have tried harder things than weed in college. Now that I'm grown with kids, I never we, but I've always been curious about x and shrooms.
    I never even tried weed. Sometimes I wish I had partied more and worried less, however.

• Options
    melody921 said:
    This is my favorite kind of day. It's not often someone so kindly gets out of the way!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    I've never heard anyone actually use the N word.  Am I just super sheltered?  I would definitely not stand for that kind of language around me, let alone my kids.
    I've heard it a handful of times. Each of which I said something. Usually a simple "seriously?!" suffices if you don't know the person well enough to actually educate them.
    I've heard it countless, COUNTLESS times. In the high school I went to the word was exchanged regularly. It certainly wasn't my place to look at two black people and tell them, or even imply, if I felt it was inappropriate, which actually I didn't.

Outside of that setting though I've never heard it be used.

• Options
    jenndub said:
    I kicked my aunt out of Emma's 3rd birthday party because she was talking shit about my ex, Emma's dad. There is a rule in my house that you never say a negative word about him or you have to leave. Emma is turning 9 next month and my aunt is still pissed off about it. I still don't care. I agree that my ex is an asshole but I'll tear the eyes out of your head if you dare say that near my kids.

I would be livid if someone said the N word around me or my kids. I have a big mouth so I'm sure I would say something. Also, I can't believe people are still using that term, what year is this?
    as a kid of divorce, thank you. :)

My mom was terrible at bad-mouthing my dad in front of me, which I'm over now. (I was a teenager at the time, so I could process it a little better anyway.)  But one of her best friends from during the divorce STILL shittalks my dad in front of me. It too until only a few years ago that I finally asked her to stop. so inappropriate.
    This. No matter what someone thinks about another adult, they need to remember the relationship of that person to the child. My brother and I were caught in so much verbal bashing that I'm really sensitive to this now.

• Options
    I've realized recently I have a lot of lingering frustration from the way stuff went down in my family when I was a kid and young adult. I know I need to just let it go at this point, but sometimes I find myself in situations where it's like I'm thrown back to being a teenager again, and I just no longer feel like dealing with other people's issues because I can't change or control them.

• Options
    melody921 said:
    I've realized recently I have a lot of lingering frustration from the way stuff went down in my family when I was a kid and young adult. I know I need to just let it go at this point, but sometimes I find myself in situations where it's like I'm thrown back to being a teenager again, and I just no longer feel like dealing with other people's issues because I can't change or control them.
    I can relate to this on so many levels. I thought I was okay with it all and dealing with everything and then something huge and dramatic happened in my family this past February and sent me into an emotional shit storm. I was the same way that you're finding yourself becoming. I couldn't deal with other people's drama. I just wanted to scream the solution into their face, but they wouldn't hear my anyway. I recently started therapy and I think it's going to help me a lot.

In regards to my parents and divorce I agree with everyone who says it's not okay to talk negatively about the other parent to or around the kids. My mom used to put us on the phone with my dad so we could tell him what a piece of garbage we thought he was. Little did I know when I was 6 that my dad would change my life for the better while my mom was also trying, inadvertently to ruin it!

• Options
    Not an FFFC but:

Maya's new preschool teacher sent a postcard saying she can't wait to meet her. Which is cute and nice but...

She spelled her name wrong.
  • Options
    melody921melody921 member
    edited August 2014
    Cheenomae said:
    melody921 said:
    I can relate to this on so many levels. I thought I was okay with it all and dealing with everything and then something huge and dramatic happened in my family this past February and sent me into an emotional shit storm. I was the same way that you're finding yourself becoming. I couldn't deal with other people's drama. I just wanted to scream the solution into their face, but they wouldn't hear my anyway. I recently started therapy and I think it's going to help me a lot.

In regards to my parents and divorce I agree with everyone who says it's not okay to talk negatively about the other parent to or around the kids. My mom used to put us on the phone with my dad so we could tell him what a piece of garbage we thought he was. Little did I know when I was 6 that my dad would change my life for the better while my mom was also trying, inadvertently to ruin it!
    Wow, that's awful. My brother and I were just privy to too many details of our parents' relationship and ultimate split. And to this day, my mom (who I'm very close to, but sometimes it's just too much), will still go off on tangents about things my dad did. And no way on God's green earth could I ever even mention my father's wife in front of her. I get it, she got a raw deal. But like I said, I can't change it, and that's still my father, bad decisions aside.

ETA: The times in my life I wasn't talking to my dad, my mom was all over me about making peace. Then when I rotated him back into my life, she had a lot to say about that too. Sometimes I just wish everyone would shut up.

• Options
    Not an FFFC but: Maya's new preschool teacher sent a postcard saying she can't wait to meet her. Which is cute and nice but... She spelled her name wrong.
    Are you kidding? Way cute and nice.... could she not, as her teacher, have tried a little harder to spell all the names correctly??? Sad! Even more sad because I bet Maya recognizes her name. :(

• Options
    Cheenomae said:

Not an FFFC but:

Maya's new preschool teacher sent a postcard saying she can't wait to meet her. Which is cute and nice but...

She spelled her name wrong.

Are you kidding? Way cute and nice.... could she not, as her teacher, have tried a little harder to spell all the names correctly??? Sad! Even more sad because I bet Maya recognizes her name. :(

Yes she does. I'm going to try to show her the picture part of the card but not the rest. I don't understand it. I would think she is working off a roster of names they gave her. Oh well, I hope it's not what we have in store at this new school.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"