October 2014 Moms
Options

Developing allergies during pregnancy?

In the past few years I've developed seasonal allergies and have always been allergic to cats. Since becoming pregnant, I've realized new allergies popping up. The most recent one I can pinpoint is apples (there is a protein in raw apple skin that people can be allergic to). I hope this goes away after LO arrives... Anyone else find they've developed pregnancy-only allergies?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Developing allergies during pregnancy?

• Options
    Really itchy feet and been check for the OC, phew! I'm ok but no idea why I'm itching so much ??? Maybe heat?? X x
  • Options
    Fannz said:

Really itchy feet and been check for the OC, phew! I'm ok but no idea why I'm itching so much ??? Maybe heat?? X x

My feet have been really itchy too, but is blamed mine on because they were swelling so bad and the skin was stretching. I don't know? They are also dry and cracking were the only shoes I can wear is flip flops. I just blamed mine on one of those.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    With DS1 I started having allergic reactions whenever I was around cats, which was weird because we had cats my whole life. I haven't noticed it as much this pregnancy. Crazy.
    DS1 8/11/10 
    DS2 8/21/12
    DD 9/26/14
    Baby #4 edd 2/11/19 
  • Options
    I didn't notice any new allergies, but the ones I had did get worse.  I have always gotten itchy eyes around cats, but this year for the first time I got hives.  My seasonal allergies have also been terrible.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I have a sulfite allergy and it gets worse after every child I have... I hope yours go away after the baby is born!
    BabyFetus TickerLilypie Kids Birthday tickersimage
  • Options
    Yes- I had not experienced seasonal allergies much after I moved to my current city or they generally were pretty mild and this summer has been rough.  I'm hoping that it is a pregnancy thing and not something permanent. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't noticed any new allergies but my existing allergies have been crazy since I became pregnant.  I assume I have some seasonal allergies and I'm pretty sure I'm allergic to my dogs :)
    Baby J #2 due 11.12.16
    Sydney Elizabeth born 9.24.14

• Options

yup, peanuts! not fun...I love peanuts!!!

OP- watch out for raw carrots if you're having a reaction to apples...also you can eat cooked apples...it's not a true allergy its called oral allergy syndrome...it usually means you're actually allergic to birch trees! I've had it all my life but it's gotten better with my allergy shots for trees!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic 

baby development

• Options
    I'll definitely steer clear of carrots!! I've always had mild reaction to cherries (which I know are in the same oral allergy family). I gotta steer clear of all those things now. I love those things tho... Le sigh. It's confusing because not only do apples effect my throat, etc... recently, they also upset my stomach A LOT. Never ever before. It's a bit concerning actually, because having diarrhea while pregnant is super scary. I have a 33 week OB appt next week, so I'll def ask her.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Mine is fish. When I was younger I had an allergy to fish, and my father in law has the same allergy. I outgrew mine, but since being pregnant this time around the fish allergy seems to be back. I hope she isn't allergic to fish. I have a bad feeling about that because my mom said she had the allergic reaction to fish when she was pregnant with me.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

;

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My gramma, mom and I all developed varying sensitivities/allergies to eggs during and after being pregnant. My gramma and I can eat them but we get an upset stomach, my mom cant eat them at all. However, having them baked into things doesn't effect us. Its just eating eggs themselves - prepared any way but fried usually has the most effect. And we didn't have this before getting pregnant, I'm actually really interested to see if my daughter develops it too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"