Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

how long?

I just read a post where the mom mentioned her LO sleeps 13-14 hours a night.  I can't even imagine.  My little guy gets 11 hours, and that seemed like a great night's sleep to me.  He still naps twice per day at 17 months, but he has apnea, so he tires out pretty easily.  How long does your LO sleep at night, and do they taking one nap or two?

Re: how long?

• My 17 month old generally sleeps 7:30pm to 8:30-9:30am and does one nap (3-4hrs long).  She tends to sleep 16hrs total in 24hrs.

She is non-stop (chatter and movement - in a good way) while awake. 

• Lee, WOW that's amazing!! 3-4 hours nap?? DD has NEVER done a 4 hour nap. I'm jealous! She has done close to 3 hour naps maybe 3 times so far!

OP, Mine is 17 months old as well. She is put in bed at 7 but takes an hour to sleep so 8 pm to 6:30-7:30 am. She takes one nap for 1.5-2 hours usually.

• Loading the player...
  • BTW she went down to 1 nap 2 months ago and I was banking on ONE long nap instead of two 1-1.5 hours, so far that has not been the case.
  • DD2 pretty consistently sleeps about 12 hours at night. Naps are a total cluster. Sometimes she'll do two for, if I'm lucky, an hour. Sometimes she'll do one longish one. Sometimes she'll do two longer ones. It's real fun to plan around. 

That said, DD1 slept way less at this age. She's still not much of a sleeper. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I would honestly be concerned if my child was sleeping 14 hours per night and napping hours per day.  That's a lot of sleep for toddler.  

My DS will be 2 in a few weeks and sleeps about 11 hours per night and naps about 2.5 hours.  He's been on that schedule since he gave up his morning nap at about 16 mos.  DD napped about the same amount at that age and at 3.5 usually sleeps a little longer at night and is hit or miss at naps.  
  • My LO is 22 months, he sleeps 10 hours a night and usually takes a 3 hour nap in the afternoon.
    Married 5/31/10
    DS 10/31/12
    BFP 11/18/14
    EDD 7/31/15

July15 Siggy Challenge: Favorite holiday movie. Bad Santa!
  • edited August 2014
    My 18mo old sleeps 10hrs overnight & takes a 1hr nap 80% of the time. Sometimes he skips a nap entirely, but then will sleep an extra 60-90min that night.

He has never needed much sleep & it doesn't negatively impact his behavior. I, on the other hand, am EXHAUSTED! Lol
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DS falls asleep anywhere from 9:00 to 10:00 (we start bedtime routine around 7:30 with bath then cleanup then nursing, reading, songs starting at 8:00). We've tried earlier and it doesn't work for him. He sleeps until between 7:00 to 8:30, so at most he gets around 11 hours at night. 

He does one nap a day for usually about 2 hours. Sometimes less, sometimes more.
    Proud Doxie Mommy

TTC #1 since Sept. 2009 - DX unexplained IF March 2011 - "Surprise" BFP March 2012
    DS born via c-section 11/17/12
    TTC #2 (or, not TTA) Nov. 2013
    BFP #2 8/22/14, Missed M/C 6w2d, Discovered 7w4d/Official 8w6d, D&C 9/27/14
  • LO is 16mo sleeps 10h at night maximum, 8pm - 6 am. He still takes two naps, 2-3 hours total. He never slept more than 10 hours at night and he is fine. So, I stopped worrying about it. 
     CafeMom TickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers
    image image
  • Mine was down to one nap by 9 months. Now she has one nap for maybe 1-1.5 hours. She is in bed between 8 and 8:30 and wakes up between 7 and 7:30 in the morning. If she wakes up in the middle of the night and starts crying we just go in and tell her it's not time to get up and then she falls back to sleep within minutes.
    PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Cat tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"