Baby Showers
Options

It's been a while...

So it's been a long while since I've been on here, but this used to be my favorite board. I've recently been privy to enlightening a FB board about baby shower etiquette and it isn't being well received (gasp, imagine that). I just need other people to remind me that there is some sanity and class left in the world. 
So here's the story, OP states that she thinks she's going to throw herself a shower for her soon to be here rainbow baby. Ok, I can understand this one a little. It's in the gray area, but I get it and don't turn my nose up. I do, however, comment that it is tacky to throw yourself a gift giving party and to please wait for someone to offer. She completely disregards this and begins asking other people how to go about getting the big ticket items because she doesn't want little stuff. Sigh. Anyhow, these other ladies are advising her to throw a diaper raffle and to specify that she only wants cloth, to register for gift cards, to put in the invitation that she'd like gift cards to restaurants like Red Lobster so she won't have to cook, and to do a potluck so she doesn't have to be put out. After I reply to this non-sense someone posts that it's "2014 and all babies should get a celebration" and that people "love a diaper raffle, it's so much fun". They are also giving her Pinterest links on how to best word manipulative invitations. Head to desk....this is a hot mess of a thread. Please, someone commiserate with me. 
Pregnancy Ticker
BabyName Ticker

Re: It's been a while...

• Options
    Also, I meant I can understand her desire to have a shower since it's a rainbow baby. NOT that she should throw her own.

Plus, I'm not 114 weeks prego lol. My siggy is taking forever to update, as per usual.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyName Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    t loves rt loves r member
    edited August 2014
    Is this on a cloth diaper group on Facebook, because I've been waaaaaaay outnumbered many a time when baby shower etiquette is brought up in those groups. Especially when the question is "how can I get people to buy me cloth diapers for my shower instead of disposables" and then all these gawd awful suggestions on how to secrectlt manipulate guests (who are friends and family, in case they forgot). Good lordie. It's like these ladies don't even see what they are typing!

Edited because I was typing too fast and got all worked up.
  • Options
    Wow. You are totally in the right, and I definitely think you need to reconsider your relationship if this is an IRL friend. If just an online acquaintance, then thank your lucky starts you are not in the disaster zone.
    TB is dead.

|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Chart[/url]
    || <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Cha
  • Options
    It's just an AP Facebook group, but good lord the tacky is just too much!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    BTW, your little Harper is adorable!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"