September 2012 Moms
Options

DH is getting snipped today..

DH has his vasectomy scheduled for 2:15 today.  It's kind of strange to think about it, but we've always only wanted two and with things as hectic as they are right now, I could never even fathom having another.  Hopefully everything goes smoothly and he heals quickly!
Married Since 09/2006, TTC Since 09/2010 
DX: Unexplained infertility, DH normal 
3 Femara cycles - Oct, Nov, Dec 2011, all BFNs 
IVF #1, ER 2/15 (5R, 4M, 4F), ET 2/18, Beta 2/29 = BFN :( 
Follistim + IUI on 6/25 = BFN 
Home Study Finalized 8/14/12! Profile Active - 8/17/12! 
Officially Matched 8/29/12, Our perfect angel born 9/25/12! 
Biggest surprise ever, unexpected BFP on 4/12/13! 

Our Angel through Adoption
 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Our Little Miracle
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: DH is getting snipped today..

• Options
    crene84 said:
    DH has his vasectomy scheduled for 2:15 today.  It's kind of strange to think about it, but we've always only wanted two and with things as hectic as they are right now, I could never even fathom having another.  Hopefully everything goes smoothly and he heals quickly!
    I hope it goes well!  I am jealous!  I'm begging DH to do it and he's such a baby about it!!  I can't imagine a 3rd with the chaos we live in either!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    MommaP12 said:
    crene84 said:
    I hope it goes well!  I am jealous!  I'm begging DH to do it and he's such a baby about it!!  I can't imagine a 3rd with the chaos we live in either!
    Tell him to grow a pair, lol. It's not that bad.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    MommaP12 said:
    crene84 said:
    Ha, jealousy was my first thought too. I really hope DH comes around and agrees to it.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    My DH got it done a year ago. He said it was NBD. Hopefully your H will be better than mine and actually go back to see if it worked. We still don't know. Dumb.
  • Options
    melody921 said:
    MommaP12 said:
    crene84 said:
    Tell him to grow a pair, lol. It's not that bad.
    Hahahaha, if I tell him to grow a set, he'll tell me getting snipped will be the opposite of that!

Seriously, I've been pregnant 19 months, had 2 horrible labors/deliveries and he can't get a 10 minute procedure that causes slight discomfort for 48 hours?  Men.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    My DH got it done a year ago. He said it was NBD. Hopefully your H will be better than mine and actually go back to see if it worked. We still don't know. Dumb.
    Ha yea my neighbor did that and has pregnancy scares all the time.  DH will definitely be going back..besides we've met our deductible so it's free, hah.
    Married Since 09/2006, TTC Since 09/2010 
    DX: Unexplained infertility, DH normal 
    3 Femara cycles - Oct, Nov, Dec 2011, all BFNs 
    IVF #1, ER 2/15 (5R, 4M, 4F), ET 2/18, Beta 2/29 = BFN :( 
    Follistim + IUI on 6/25 = BFN 
    Home Study Finalized 8/14/12! Profile Active - 8/17/12! 
    Officially Matched 8/29/12, Our perfect angel born 9/25/12! 
    Biggest surprise ever, unexpected BFP on 4/12/13! 

Our Angel through Adoption
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Our Little Miracle
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I told him I would get new boobs for him (2 kids equals an A cup), and he could get snipped for me. Hah. It would be a lot easier if he just got that take care of. Hope everything goes smoothly for your DH!

• Options
    Good luck to your DH. I'm sure everything will go smoothly. DH got it done right before Christmas and he said it was almost painless. I was in there with him during the procedure and he didn't seem at all bothered by it. He also never went back to get checked, but it's because his work hours make it difficult and I have the IUD so it wasn't a huge deal for us.

He did, however, have a scare the last couple weeks, which turned out to be a complication from the procedure. He had been having pain in his scrotum for a couple weeks coupled with lower back pain. He then found what was thought to potentially be a tumor near his testicle on one side. The nurse asked a few questions, to which he answered yes to all of them, which wasn't a good sign. He had to go in on Monday and it turns out he has an infection on his epididymis so that's ultimately good news!! It's not very common, so there was concern of an actual tumor. Hopefully by following doctors orders the "tumor" which isn't a tumor will go away and not cause anymore pain.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Wait, @Hmp1, have you had a change of heart? I know you were up in the air about a 3rd at one point. Are you pretty certain you're done?

• Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    Cheenomae said:
    Wait, @Hmp1, have you had a change of heart? I know you were up in the air about a 3rd at one point. Are you pretty certain you're done?
    We haven't had a good marriage year so adding another kid is not on our minds. But I wouldn't want him to do anything permanent right now, just in a few years when I know I do not want to get pregnant again (because of age at that point). Hopefully by then he will be up to discussing it because right now he won't even mention it as an option.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    CheenomaeCheenomae member
    edited August 2014
    hmp1 said:
    Cheenomae said:
    We haven't had a good marriage year so adding another kid is not on our minds. But I wouldn't want him to do anything permanent right now, just in a few years when I know I do not want to get pregnant again (because of age at that point). Hopefully by then he will be up to discussing it because right now he won't even mention it as an option.
    Makes total sense. Our not great marriage year came at the birth of Mason. It made it incredibly easy to make the decision at that time. You're smart to wait it out as you just never know. I'm happy to say there are no regrets, but I'm sure that's not always the case!

Marriage is hard....

• Options
    DH has been psyching himself up for the idea of a vasectomy ever since before I was pregnant with our first.  We both want 3 kids, but he is getting himself used to the idea years in advance?  Anyway, I'm glad he is game for it, cause I get my period back 4 months after having a baby, and pull n pray during breastfeeding gave us baby #2 15 months after baby #1. I can't wait until we never have to think about birth control again! 
  • Options
    My DH is ready to get one as well. I really want a third so I'm trying to get him to hold off and get on board with #3. I am glad that he's willing to do it rather than asking me to get a tubal.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"