March 2014 Moms
Options

UO Thursday

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: UO Thursday

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't like cereals such as;
    Froot Loops, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Honey Crisp, Honey Smacks, Captain Crunch, Alphabits...
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Somewhat related to PP's but not identical:

I have a hard time understanding the folks who seem to dread when their LO will start solids, dread when they will be mobile, etc., and seem to hope it happens later rather than sooner. I feel like I had a kid, her growing up is part of the package, and I'm actually looking forward to it. :) Yeah, I'm sure I'll look back and miss some of the earlier times when she was a baby. But watching her be able to do new things is so exciting! I love watching her eat solids and don't mind the more "interesting" diapers. And there is so much I can't wait to do with her too once she gets just a little older. Maybe as a FTM, I'm just niave and I'll eat my words later :-P
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    Jt7dreamz said:
    I had a huge gorgeous wedding and may do a Renew our vows and anniversary 20th year party. Meh why side eye?

Because I feel like you've already made your vows once why do another ? Its kind of like " oh look at me " showy showy type thing . The only time I feel like its acceptable is in an instance like what @nlane0723 said. Or if your husband was in the military and had to go over seas etc etc...  Or maybe if you had a rough marriage and went through a separation or a tough few years I can see that.

Married  : ** 09/09/2011  ** BFP : 07-18-13 ** Baby #1 is a GIRL , Born 03/12/14 ** 
    ** BFP 2 :  01- 05-15 ** EDD 09-11-15 **

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie First Birthday tickers

Baby S 2. Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    kirotea said:
    nlane0723 said:

I hate mayo. Instant gag reflex thinking about it.

DH and I will probably renew our vows.  We got married at the Courthouse when I was 7 months pregnant.  I wore yoga pants.  I want my dream wedding in my dream wedding dress surrounded by family and friends.

I think your vow renewal is different than the ones @tsmith312 is side-eyeing. 

I agree with tsmith but only if you already did more than a courthouse/town hall wedding. If you didn't get the whole experience, then yeah - go for it. :) If you already spent a ton of money on the dress, venue, food, etc... then no. 
    Yes this exactly !

Married  : ** 09/09/2011  ** BFP : 07-18-13 ** Baby #1 is a GIRL , Born 03/12/14 ** 

• Options
    I work with a woman who has renewed her vows 5 times (all with her 2nd hubby). Basically any time they go on a big trip they include a vow renewal. I think it's a bit much, but if that's how they want to spend their time/money, whatever.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    naranjas said:
    I think pumpkin spice lattes are gross.

They are ...  Only the. best . thing. ever !!! ( Or maybe that's my UO ).

• Options
    naranjas said:

I think pumpkin spice lattes are gross.

I agree. I don't like pumpkin anything
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    FFwifey said:

Ohhhhh @SurpriseAt39‌ UNPOPULAR! I love them and so should everyone bc they are delicious. ;)

Guess I had a good one today, huh?

I like basic cereals... Special K, Corn Flakes, Rice Krispies, Cheerios and Shredded Wheat (but not Mini Wheats or Shreddies).
  • Options
    I think vow renewals can go both ways - tacky and attention seeking or intimate and meaningful. I'm not opposed either way.
  • Options
    Mcsweets said:
    I don't like coffee but I LOVE the smell
    And here I thought I was the only one like that!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    I don't want winter to come!
    I didn't either until after pregnancy I became a sweaty mess most of the time. I'm sure once it's cold here though I'll change my mind.
    This!! I used to be cold all the time...NOT after delivery though!

***************************************Child mentioned********************************************

Me 28 DH 32

TTC naturally 05/2011-10/2012= All BFNs

Nov 2012 Jan 2013 Clomid= BFN

IVF #1 scheduled for April 2013 Stims started 04/09 ER 04/19/2013- 26 Retrieved and 24 Fertilized 3 day Fert Report- 10 are 8 cell ET cancelled-all embryos arrested at day 3

IVF #2 scheduled for June 2013 -Transferred 1 day 5 Blast

07/04/2013 HPT- BFP! Beta 10dp5dt-35Beta 12dp5dt-82 Ultrasound 6 weeks 4 days- Heart rate 123bpm!!

image  image

Team Green turned Team BLUE!!!

Baby M born premature at 33 weeks 5 days, he spent 22 days in the NICU before coming home!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I love fall / winter. I HATE summer and springs not my favorite. But I can tolerate it.

• Options
    I quit smoking after 9 years when I found out I was pregnant with E.
    My UO? I STILL THINK ABOUT THEM EVERY. DAMN. DAY! Although I side eye the hell out of smokers on the regular.

Elliott Brady was 7lbs 4oz & 19in
    born March 8th, 2014 at 9:08pm
  • Options

I think colleges need to be waaaay more selective on who they admit, and make their admitting classes smaller. maybe even put a limit on how many degrees of each type each college can turn out every year (example - my friend's radiology school only admits 6 new students every year. it keeps demand and salaries high). although college is awesome, it's a huge waste of money for most students right now. on that same token, many jobs need to require less education. just saw a minimum wage janitor position requiring 3 years janitor experience or a bachelor's degree. really? really? ug. the big issue is the student loan debt.....the college experience is amazing but it's not worth paying for it (and living back with your parents) for the next ten years.

also, fish tanks and reptile tanks are stinky and gross and I don't ever want them in my house. (I had both as a kid. my poor mom.) but I like fish and reptiles.

• Options
    I obsess almost daily about upgrading my diamond in my engagement ring. It's the only jewelry I wear (second to the wedding band) and I want the rock to be bigger. image
    Domesticated: 1 Hubs; 2 sons; 3 cats; & Broke

• Options
    babylimas said:
    The thought of standing in front of a big crowd of people and professing my love for my husband makes me want to hurl. In all fairness, the thought of being in private and going all gushy with my love also makes me want to hurl. I am so incredibly unsentimental. 

My poor husband is very sappy. I always tell him he's being creepy and run away.  
    This is me and my hubs. I run from hugs and he's crying all the time over puppy videos and our kids. 

• Options
    SurpriseAt39SurpriseAt39 member
    edited August 2014

yalllow said:

babylimas said:

yalllow said:

babylimas said:

The thought of standing in front of a big crowd of people and professing my love for my husband makes me want to hurl. In all fairness, the thought of being in private and going all gushy with my love also makes me want to hurl. I am so incredibly unsentimental. 

My poor husband is very sappy. I always tell him he's being creepy and run away.  

This is me and my hubs. I run from hugs and he's crying all the time over puppy videos and our kids. 

Ugh. Does he do that low breathy voice when he's being all sweet? Makes me shudder. ;)

"Hey babe. Whatcha' doin?"
    "Going to bed."
    "Come give me a kiss."
    Grumpy Cat stare. "No."

Bahahaha ^^ that's us. He always wants to snuggle...
    I'm anti PDA and all that gooey stuff.

I wonder which of you is my twin?!
    This is exactly how I feel these days.
    I am just so tired of being touched all.day.long by 2 LOs. I need some space. A touch-free day.

I try to pass the kids off as much and as quickly as possible after DH gets home so that I may feel like snuggling after they are in bed, but there's still so much time they are with/on/attached to me.

DH thinks I never want to have Sex again.

ETA: the 'S'. Where the f did the s go!? As if I want ex!! Lmao.
  • Options
    babylimas said:
    yalllow said:
    babylimas said:

Ugh. Does he do that low breathy voice when he's being all sweet? Makes me shudder. ;)
    "Going to bed."
    "Come give me a kiss."
    Grumpy Cat stare. "No."
    Bahahaha ^^ that's us. He always wants to snuggle... I'm anti PDA and all that gooey stuff.
    __________________ END QUOTE __________________ Lol. I wonder which of you is my twin?! This is exactly how I feel these days. I am just so tired of being touched all.day.long by 2 LOs. I need some space. A touch-free day. I try to pass the kids off as much and as quickly as possible after DH gets home so that I may feel like snuggling after they are in bed, but there's still so much time they are with/on/attached to me. DH thinks I never want to have ex again.
    I really never want to have sex again.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Jt7dreamz said:

@tsmith312 and others

Ya. I had a party. That's true. It was one of the last times my fam was all together before two uncles passed so it wa sa huge celebration and I'm thankful I had it. Having a second party to celebrate life and family and love after 20 years of happy or unhappy marriage isn't "it's all about me". I think it's a great reminder to appreciate life. We all complain how fast time flies I think it's nice to commemorate it. Perhaps that's just me

Can you not just host a family party/family reunion then? Being the center of attention or a pretty princess for it does actually does make it all about you.

I get 50th anniversary parties, or celebrating someone else's anniversary (parents, grandparents). But I'm in the "I don't get it / AW" camp for vow renewals and self thrown anniversary parties.
    baby boy: 3.19.2014
  • Options

yalllow said:

babylimas said:

yalllow said:

babylimas said:

"Going to bed."
    "Come give me a kiss."
    Grumpy Cat stare. "No."

Bahahaha ^^ that's us. He always wants to snuggle...
    I'm anti PDA and all that gooey stuff.

I wonder which of you is my twin?!
    This is exactly how I feel these days.
    I am just so tired of being touched all.day.long by 2 LOs. I need some space. A touch-free day.

I try to pass the kids off as much and as quickly as possible after DH gets home so that I may feel like snuggling after they are in bed, but there's still so much time they are with/on/attached to me.

DH thinks I never want to have Sex again.

ETA: the 'S'. Where the f did the s go!? As if I want ex!! Lmao.

Hubs wants sex? Sure, I'll throw 'dat ass up .... But whispering sweet nothings or nibbling on my ear... I will kill you.

• Options
    I only like to be the cuddler not the cuddllee. I'm quite clausterphobic so I really don't like anyone in my personal space; I need to be in control of that! 
    Me 28 DH 30 Married 08-11-07 TTC since 07/11 HSG 01-21-13 Left FTB Seeing RE 1-28-13 RE 1-28-13 Both tubes blocked LAP surgery 2-15-13 Both tubes removed Started IVF #1 June 2013 Meds: BCP, Lupron, Gonal-F, Ovidrel, Medrol, Doxycycline
    Beta #1-BFP!!! HCG-55 Beta #2--111 Beta #3--2,825 Beta #4 22,031 1st U/S 7-29-13 Saw and heard our little sweet pea's heartbeat!! 109 bpm 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"