August 2014 Moms
Options

Hunter Eli's Birth Story- Induction

My due date was August 16th, I was Induced at 40w+6d- non medical induction- just because I was over due (and my OBGYN office didn't have a doctor on call for the next 4 days due to vacations so I had the choice to be induced or not to have a chance to be delivered by my own doctors). I arrived at the hospital at 8pm, all set to start Cervadil over night (as discussed at my last appt). Well upon arrival I was 3.5cm dilated and 70% effaced, so they called my doctor who decided to skip the Cervadil completely and go right to Pitocin. By 11:30 pm I was hooked up and receiving my Pitocin. They also decided to inset a Foley bulb with two balloons into my cervix one on the inside and one on outside of my cervix. The bulb was filled with enough fluids to "just fall out" once I was 5cm dialiated. So me and hubby just sat around for a few hours timing contractions for fun and I did some bouncing on the yoga ball. At this point my contractions were manageable and I was feeling comfortable (no pain meds) around 4:30am the nurses came in to check me and decided I was 5cm and to just rip the Foley bulb out without warning-WTH OUch!!!!- at this point we decided to call family as my contractions were pretty strong and about 2-3 mins apart at 60-80 seconds each. We told them to get up and start moving around get some coffee and slowly make their way to the hospital as the nurses were convinced I would be hours still.... I believed otherwise the whole time. We decided to do some walking around L&D to help progress things. After about 6 laps I was in pain, felt like I needed to take the biggest poop of my life! I told the nurses they decided to check me- all of a sudden I was 8cm- it wasn't even 20mins since I was 5cm- I told hubby to call family and tell them to forget the coffee and get the hell to then hospital. By the time he was off the phone they had broke my water and I was 9.5cm and feeling the urge to push. The nurses called the on call doctor as mine wasn't going to make it in time... Go figure... They set up shop and I was ready to go... I pushed for about 20 mins- they decided to do an episiotomy because they were getting a heart rate reading of 154 and didn't know if it was mine or babies so they wanted baby out. 3 more pushes and there he was! Hunter Eli- the boy we had hoped for- born at 5:51am at 21" long 7.2 pounds and every bit of perfectness I could hope for. I went pain med free- didn't even ask for them once- I am so proud of myself for that as it was one of my major birth goals! We were moved to recovery after my visit with family- who never made it on time- he was born at 5:51am they walked into L&D at 5:53!! We were discharged about 36 hours later and have been loving life ever since!

Re: Hunter Eli's Birth Story- Induction

• Options
    Congratulations on your new baby boy! Your labour seems to have gone quite quickly and I am glad to hear you are doing well, again congratulations!!
  • Options
    Since I am hoping to go med-free but may have to be induced, it's great to hear that it can be done. Congratulations!
    BabyFruit Ticker

BabyName Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats!
    TTC Since January 2012 Me:37 DH:34      DX July 2013: Unexplained Infertility      New DX Dec 2013: DOR
    BFP#1 6/4/12 EDD 2/13/13 M/C 6/6/12  BFP#2 2/21/13 EDD 11/3/13 M/C 2/26/13 BFP#3 C/P
    4 rounds of clomid, 2 with IUI = BFN
    November/December Retesting/Natural Cycle = Surprise BFP @ 11dpo! Beta#1 76.6@13dpo Beta #2 276@15dpo u/s#1 6w2d hb113 u/s#2 8w2d, measuring 8w4d hb168! 10w2d hb171 12w3d Verifi results are in and good! EDD 8/23 Our Baby Girl Rainbow Baby born 8/20/2014!!!
    Um...what? BFP 11/2/15!?! EDD 7/4/16
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"