Working Moms
Options

XP: 2 year old starting pre-school...MOM needs help adjusting

Hi - my 2 year old will be starting pre-school next week and I am anxious about the adjustment (both him and myself).  How do you ladies handle getting everything ready in the morning and also do you have any easy recipes for dinner?  I'd like to come home from work and simply heat something up. Thanks!

Re: XP: 2 year old starting pre-school...MOM needs help adjusting

• Options
    Most people around here prep as much as possible the night before (myself included). Then you can focus on dressing and feeding the two of you in the morning, grab the bags and go when it's time to leave.

For recipes, I do a lot of make ahead meals. Thaw overnight, have H pop in the oven at 530 and they're ready to eat by 630. Though he always gives DD a boatload of snacks and she doesn't want dinner until 7 or later. Oh well.

Check out the meal plan Monday threads on the board for other ideas of quick dinners if you don't want to make freezer meals.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

You're not alone! My DS starts next Tuesday too! I'll definitely be prepping clothes and shoes the night before and his backpack. As far as meals, I recommend using a crock pot! Coming home to dinner that's already cooked is the best feeling ever. I've made chicken tacos (throw black beans, corn, pico de gallo, chicken breasts, taco seasoning and cheese in there), a whole chicken, sausage/potato bake (got that recipe from allrecipes.com) and a ton of other stuff. Other easy meals have been fish sticks with rice and peas, chicken parmesan and spaghetti, or something like that.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"