October 2014 Moms
Options

No shower...kinda hurt

Re: No shower...kinda hurt

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have legitimate advice not attacking any one or bringing any one else into but speaking straight to the op. And even stating it's my opinion and 3 other woman specify my in there comment and I'm the one who is wrong ? Okay I see how this works
  • Options
    Cookie doe with raw egg can be harmful to your baby.
  • Options
    FamousEa said:
    Any form of prenatal stress felt by the mother can have negative effects on various aspects of fetal development, which can cause harm to the mother and child. Antenatal depression is often caused by the stress and worry that pregnancy can bring, only at a more severe level. Other factors that can put a person at risk for antenatal depression is an unplanned pregnancy, difficulty becoming pregnant, history of abuse, and economic or family situations.
    Oh FFS. Where is the please stop posting gif?
    Paging @dorothyzbornak97‌ for the stop posting meme or gif
    Sorry, guise, I was out getting a Blizzard (priorities!):

I feel like I've said this before but if you didn't bring enough for the whole class....

Well that is just rude!
    Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• Options

@dorothyzbornak97‌ the important question is: what kind?

Cookie dough. Although I almost got the Chips Ahoy one. But I was in the mood for soft cookie bits instead of crunchy ones. 

=P~

*January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails*

imageimageimage

• Options

krysgreg said:

Cookie doe with raw egg can be harmful to your baby.

I JUST CAN'T! I'm dying over here.

I'm so glad there are creative people on the internet to make things like this for me! 

Somuchpun.com looks like it could be a new favorite site of mine!

imageimageimage

• Options
    https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1469-7610.2006.01714.x/abstract;jsessionid=935F370C1C8DFD75C693338C74ED6751.f03t01?deniedAccessCustomisedMessage=&userIsAuthenticated=false

Here's another link, I have read it more then once. I not trying to be a smart ass by saying it. I have read about it many times ....
  • Options
    krysngregkrysngreg member
    edited August 2014
    I said stress, and she was down and every comment that was made was pretty much just telling her to suck it up. Not supportive at all , I posted the link because I was asked to ;) refuse to believe what you will. ....
  • Options
    I will kill more then one doe when doe season opens up ....
  • Options
    I gave an honest opinion also.
  • Options
    krysgreg said:
    I haven't read the rest of the thread because I stopped here to see what you were talking about. Feeling sad about not having a baby shower/sprinkle/party is not the same as someone dying, a natural disaster, etc. And even in the article, it says mild-moderate stress is good!

Moderate stress versus chronic or severe stress—
    Some studies have shown that mild to
    moderate levels of stress
    during pregnancy might actually be good for the baby, resulting in
    healthier immune systems and better motor development. More research is needed before firm
    conclusions can be drawn, but it may be that
    mild to moderate amounts of stress during
    pregnancy help prepare the baby for la
    ter stressors, such as birth.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    krysngregkrysngreg member
    edited August 2014
    Like I said there's a ton of articles on the subject
    Nicb13 said:

krysgreg said:

I have had a baby shower with both of my children ..... My husband threw a beer and BBQ HUGE bash at OUR house and my sister hosted it. She is busy and I did most of the planning an shopping for our party. I think to each is it's own. Have your husband throw you a dinner party. You deserve to feel like your special time is celebrated no matter how many times you conceive. :) hey but this is just my opinion. I'm sorry it has you down. But try to perk up I have read negative feelings can run off on the baby and can affect there personality and who they become.

Oh god OP please do not listen to this. JFC.

If you throw out a line like that, you need to back it up with a link to a source because that is just BS.

I was simply giving a link .... There's tons of information out on the subject. There's tons of study's that suggest it. I didn't say it was enough stress to cause any harm to her baby. But I have read it.
  • Options

I don't think there is ever a reason for a second shower.  I do find it hilarious how many people are flaming the thought of throwing your own shower and mocking the idea that stress during pregnancy is an issue.  Not too long ago many of you were supporting someone who planned her own shower and supported her because of all of the stress she had to go through with her shower. 

• Options
    uksteph11 said:

I don't think there is ever a reason for a second shower.  I do find it hilarious how many people are flaming the thought of throwing your own shower and mocking the idea that stress during pregnancy is an issue.  Not too long ago many of you were supporting someone who planned her own shower and supported her because of all of the stress she had to go through with her shower. 

Just go. 

Edited because I'm trying to calm my tits.
    I figured I would get such a response.  Not really sure why you are upset.  I said nothing that was not a fact. 
  • Options
    uksteph11 said:
    uksteph11 said:

Just go. 

I figured I would get such a response.  Not really sure why you are upset.  I said nothing that was not a fact. 
    Sure you did. There's nothing wrong with being part of the PLANNING of your own shower. But being the HOST? Yeah, there's something wrong with that. Also, I think you should probably just STFU.

imageimageimage

• Options
    Not to mention the # of children OP has compared to a FTM.

image         image

• Options
    uksteph11 said:
    uksteph11 said:

Just go. 

Sure you did. There's nothing wrong with being part of the PLANNING of your own shower. But being the HOST? Yeah, there's something wrong with that. Also, I think you should probably just STFU.

Should I also go eat a dick?   =))

Read my post before telling me that I said something that was not a fact.  I never said anything that indicated that I thought hosting your own shower was right.

• Options
    Not to mention the # of children OP has compared to a FTM.
    Agreed.  I said in my post that I don't think there is ever a reason to have a second shower.
  • Options
    uksteph11 said:
    uksteph11 said:
    uksteph11 said:

Just go. 

Should I also go eat a dick?   =))

Read my post before telling me that I said something that was not a fact.  I never said anything that indicated that I thought hosting your own shower was right.

Yes. Yes you should.

imageimageimage

• Options
    Y'all are really something else
  • Options
    I don't expect a shower but I am still surprised NO ONE has even offered.  At least your MIL offered to throw you one and you had the chance to decline.  Still kinda hurt but as everyone has kinda said, people in my circle must go off the each person only gets one shower and I guess I can't hold that against anyone since its apparent so many people have different opinions on this topic and there is no right answer.
    OP, you're entitled to your feelings so if you're hurt, you're hurt.  But I did want to also mention that other posters were right and you shouldn't expect a shower in this situation.  Or really ever, although I think I would understand more if a FTM was upset rather than someone who already had a shower and a kid.

I have a daughter and already had my fill of baby showers.  My MIL offered to throw me a shower, and I politely declined because I've already had a baby shower.  But instead we are doing a sort of meet the baby-type event.  She's going to do it at her house.  We'll invite people to come, it's going to be relatively informal, and not a gift giving event.  We'll have some snacks and drinks out and people can come and stay for a few minutes, stay for an hour, whatever.  No party plan whatsoever, just a chance to fawn over a squishy newborn.  That's it.  If you want something to celebrate your child, that's just as effective as a shower.  You don't need gifts, diapers, books, or any material object to celebrate a baby.  

• Options
    Eh I'd be throwin my own shower regardless
  • Options

Eh I'd be throwin my own shower regardless

"Come one, come all! Shower me with presents! You're invited to my house, but don't bother coming without a gift, because that's just tactless. Its not like I just want to feed you and celebrate my baby. PRESENTS REQUIRED." --- that's how you sound.

imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"