May 2014 Moms

I can't believe I...

STMs or first timers who've learned a thing or two...what can you not believe you did / thought / etc. with the first that you did now?
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: I can't believe I...

• ns1ns1 member
    I can't believe I...

Never invested in a pumping bra with DD.

Used bottles with FIVE parts each.

Thought my cat actually cared enough to smother the baby while she slept and took crazy measures to prevent this.

Didn't own a microwave (hello sanatizing microwave bags!).
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I can't believe I....

Was afraid of nipple confusion.  Pacifiers are awesome.

Didn't have a snap and go for the car seat.  I looooove it so much compared to the big travel system stroller and totally wish I had one when DS was little.

Didn't buy inchbug bottle labels earlier.  With DS I used to write on the bottle with marker but it always washed off, so I used to hand write out five lables for daycare bottles every day.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• Loading the player...
  • I can't believe I...

thought I would have time to cook dinner every night, keep up all the cleaning chores, and do tons of projects around the house on maternity leave.  L.  O.  L.

@Ladiebug710 I'm immediately googling inchbug bottle labels.  I was just wondering how I was going to label DD's day care bottles.  Thanks for the tip!!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • hatrats said:

I can't believe I...

thought I would have time to cook dinner every night, keep up all the cleaning chores, and do tons of projects around the house on maternity leave.  L.  O.  L.

@Ladiebug710 I'm immediately googling inchbug bottle labels.  I was just wondering how I was going to label DD's day care bottles.  Thanks for the tip!!!
    ***googles inchbug bottle labels***

• kendy20 said:

I can't believe I.....

Also thought breastfeeding would be a breeze
    Thought I'd whip my body back into shap within a few months (no time for that!)
    This
  • I can't believe I thought getting her to sleep would be easy :/
  • I can't believe I took for granted all the times people would tell me to sleep while I was pregnant because you will never sleep again..

I can't believe I spent about 300 bucks on different kinds of bottles..
  • Didn't buy any newborn diapers before we had DD. She was a peanut and in them for 2-3 weeks.

Thought I'd be able to tend my garden.

Finished Game of Thrones, House of Cards and the second season of the Killing while on mat leave.

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
    DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image

• I can't believe I...

thought I would take newborn twins camping this summer.

would have the energy to start running at this point after having the girls.

am a mom!!! (ditto @Nikkidoll15) ...an undone hair, formula and spit up wearing, sleep deprived, joyful, little feet kissing, exploding with love mama!

still want to cry with joy every morning that I see their little faces.

thought they would sleep better together...not the case...AT ALL.

• I can't believe I...

have a baby of my own! Crazy! And totally awesome.

Thought managing a newborn and the dog all day would be easy. Sometimes the dog is more demanding than the baby!

Thought it would be easy to build up a breast milk stash.

Thought i would have an elaborate dinner ready every day now that I'm a SAHM

Thought i wouldn't miss work. But I'm not ready to go back yet anyway.

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • ....bought & used the nosa frida. I always thought it was too gross. Until my baby was a pathetic snotty mess.
    BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"