Potty Training

Potty Training Regression

DS was completely potty trained for two months (except for nights), he might have had an accident once at daycare.  Then about 3 weeks ago he moved from daycare to a new preschool.  Since the change, he has regressed completely.  Most days he doesn't use the potty at all at school.  When I try to get him to go to the potty at home, he whines the whole time he is on the potty - without using the potty.  And then not even ten minutes later, he is peeing on the floor.  I have tried offering rewards when he does a good job and even punishment if he has accidents.  I have tried putting him on the potty every 15 minutes, but he refuses to use the potty and just pees in the floor.  Any suggestions?

Re: Potty Training Regression

• First- do not punish for accidents.  That is not an effective way to teach someone.  That will only add to his anxiety regarding using the potty.  

It's very normal for LO's to regress when they are going through a transition.  I honestly would ask him what he wants to do.  Does he want to use the potty and wear underwear or wear a diaper.  If he chooses underwear then explain that he needs to stay dry and use the potty for underwear.  If he chooses diapers then let him wear diapers for a few weeks or so and let him get adjusted.  Then gently try and see if he is ready to go back to underwear.  
  • Just wanted to say I'm dealing with the same problem. DS is 2.5 years old and has been poop trained for about 6 months and pee trained for about 2-3. (Still in diapers at night) All of a sudden (past week or so) he has regressed. He is having multiple pee accidents in his underwear. He always used to tell me when he had to go - but now it's almost like he ignores it, Pees in his pants, Then stops. I've also wondered if for some reason he isn't realizing he is going? I really don't know what to think to be honest. He's also had a few poop accidents during the day as well. We just transitioned to a toddler bed within the past week or two. Maybe this could be throwing him off?

BFP #1 - 04/11/2011 - EDD: 12/22/2011 -Natural MC 5/18/2011 @ 8w6d BFP

BFP #2 - 08/12/2011 - EDD: 04/21/2012 1st U/S 9/12/2011 - Healthy baby seen -- Heartbeat at 166!

BFP #3 - 08/02/2014 - EDD: 04/09/2015 ---Prayers for a take home baby

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"