Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Long cycle..negative test..excercise to blame?

I have fairly normal cycles but right now I am on day 37 of my cycle but still have a negative preggo test.  I tend to ovulate late in my cycle (although I didn't temp this month) so maybe I haven't given it enough time? I have also been exercising more and eating much healthier over the past few weeks so Im wondering if that has something to do with no period?  The only symptoms I have are slight nausea and light cramping for the past week. Any ideas???

Had a handsome baby boy 11/06/07 via C-section.

Had a beautiful baby girl 08/12/11 via C-section.

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Long cycle..negative test..excercise to blame?

• Options
    lace0715 said:
    I have fairly normal cycles but right now I am on day 37 of my cycle but still have a negative preggo test.  I tend to ovulate late in my cycle (although I didn't temp this month) so maybe I haven't given it enough time? I have also been exercising more and eating much healthier over the past few weeks so Im wondering if that has something to do with no period?  The only symptoms I have are slight nausea and light cramping for the past week. Any ideas???

Cycles change. For no reason. I would not expect that healthy eating and exercise for a few weeks would, in and of itself, be likely to delay ovulation. Test weekly or however often you like and if you get to 60 days with no period or positive test, call your OB for Provera to start your period. Also, you could take OPKs to see if you may be gearing up to ovulate now, possibly.

TTC#1 since May 2012. Low AMH, High FSH.
    Factor II (Prothrombin) Mutation
    TTGP Award Best PIP 2013 & 2014

My Chart

• Options
    Thank you both for your responses! I will def take your advice :)

Had a handsome baby boy 11/06/07 via C-section.

Had a beautiful baby girl 08/12/11 via C-section.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Agree with PPs. Also, if you're reading online about diet and exercising or weight loss radically changing cycles or causing amenorrhea, that's generally when someone is losing an extreme amount of weight or exercising excessively. In general just getting healthier isn't going to cause you to stop menstruating.

TTC #1 since 11/2012
    Me-31, H-27
    **Loss 1-Cycle 7(June 2013) at 5w6d-CP**Loss 2-Cycle 11(October 2013) at 5w4d-CP**
    **Loss 3-Cycle 14 (January-February 2014)-M/C dx 2/10, EP dx 2/24, MTX 2/25**
    Beta Hell--hCG finally down to 0 - 6/20/14
    SA normal. Genetic testing normal. Hormonal testing normal.
    HSG 6/30/14 - found blocked left tube and 2 'bubbles' on uterine wall.
    Hysteroscopy/Lap--8/4/14 - Tubes unblocked. Polyps removed from uterine wall. Septum removed.
     9/30/14--Off the bench! Unmedicated TI through December 2014
    BFP 12/14/14!!! Beta #1, 12/16: 990 Beta #2, 12/18: Over 2000! Beta #3, 12/22: over 8000!
     U/S #1, 12/23: gestational sac, possible heartbeat
    U/S #2, 12/30: HEARTBEAT! 128bpm, measuring right on at 7w EDD: 8/19/2015
    U/S #3, 1/9: BPM in the 180s, IT'S HAPPENING!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"