2nd Trimester
Options

Maternity Clothes $$

How much are you spending on maternity clothes? I really don't want to buy a whole new pregnancy wardrobe, but I feel like I have to for the most part to look decent for work.

Re: Maternity Clothes $$

• Options
    Do you have a clothes mentor close to you?! They are a consignment type shop but ive found many amazing deals on really nice maternity clothing. Id check them out.
    -------------------------------
    Sarah, 35 bumping from NE Ohio
    Married my love 4/22/2006
    DD born 10/12/2009
    DS born sleeping 2/23/2013 full trisomy 18
    Baby 3 due 2/13/2015
    Pregnancy Ticker}
  • Options
    TashaPlusNikaTashaPlusNika member
    edited August 2014
    Got 2 nice pairs of jeans from Pea in The Pod on sale and a pair of denim shorts.

Aside from that, I live in leggings and tunic like things as well as maxi dresses, those fit fine regardless of whether they're maternity but I'm only 23 weeks along. 

I think it ends up different for everyone - most of my tops still fit fine and I already own a lot of tunic-like sweaters that will fit over my belly in the fall, so the amount I'll spend is substantially less.

Amazon always has good deals. I would say, 'spend as you' as opposed to obtaining a bulk of clothes, get what you need for now and don't go overboard since you don't know if it'll fit in 3-4 weeks. 

TTC #2

Cycle 1:   (January/February)                            Cycle 2:  (February/March)

O - CD17                                                     O - CD15
    IB @ 11dpo                                                            11dpo-13dpo spotting
    BFP @ 12dpo (late pm)                         AF CD28 (late 13dpo)                     
    13dpo = positive fading all day
    14dpo beta = 7.2
    AF CD32 - Confirmed Chemical Pregnancy

CYCLE 3 (March/April) 
    O - CD19 
    8DPO - Faint BFP on Wondfo
    9DPO - Neg. on FRER
    11 DPO - BFP FRER
    14 DPO - Beta 123
    17 DPO - 784, yay! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Also, as long as you're not opposed to wearing used clothes, check eBay too.  I've gotten lots of 3-5 shirts for anywhere from $10-20.

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Goodwill has a deal with Target that their clearance items end up there unused with tags on them. I have found really cute maternity tops for $3-$5.

I also scour the racks in the normal sections for flowy tops and tunics. Wrap a ribbon or belt at the empire waist and instant style. PLUS you can wear them post baby so you don't feel like you have wasted money.
    Baby #2 - BFP 6/13/2014 - EDD 2/17/2015 BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Look at second-hand stores and work your way up. Ross (if you have them in your area) has awesome deals on really nice-looking maternity pants and office-type clothing. The most I've spent on anything was 12 bucks.
    imageimage
  • Options
    I've been able to wear most of my pre-pregnancy clothing with the addition of a bella band and a long tank top (like from H&M - their tank tops are just as long or longer than the "maternity" tops and half the price). Other than that, I've done resale shops and hand-me-downs mostly. 
  • Options
    minirellaminirella member
    edited August 2014
    Depends on what you can wear to work too. I'm allowed to wear jeans and a nice blouse/shirt. I've gotten shirts and dresses on-sale at Target and Old Navy in the $7-15 range.

I also bought a few things when motherhood had the BOGO free online event back in July. 

I'd say that I spent a total of $150-200 for 2 pairs of pants, 5 dresses, 2 cardigans, and a 8 shirts/blouses. Not planning on buying more.
  • Options
    I have bought a few cheap maternity tops on zulily... they are non returnable so you have to be pretty certain.  I also like old Navy and Target and yu can get some awesome deals at Motherhood with coupons.

At 17 weeks with twins I need maternity pants but all my dresses for the most part still work.... I am trying to hold out till it gets cooler to buy some fall/winter pieces.
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Options
    Check out thrift stores, as well as swap.com - an online consignment store. I've gotten lots of work clothes from there that are new with tags. Also ask around, two of my work colleagues are bringing in huge bags full of their maternity clothes for me tomorrow. There's absolutely no reason to go to those stupid maternity stores.
  • Options
    Check children's consignment stores in your area. They usually carry maternity. This past weekend I went to one and got three shirts, a pair of jeans, a pair of slacks, a dress and a pair of exercise pants (so 7 items) for about $30. They were mostly motherhood maternity. There were also a couple old navy and the exercise pants were a brand I had never heard of.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I spent $40 for 2nd hand wardrobe (really nice stuff, looked brand new) from a woman in a resale group I belong to on fb.  Also had a gf loan me all her wardrobe.  You can find similar deals on ebay.  Clean, barely used clothes for dirt cheap.  In my 1st pregnancy I found quite a few nice things at the local Goodwill, too.  I'm on baby #3 & I can honestly say that you're in them 6-9 months & it's not worth spending a lot on!
  • Options
    Wore most of my pre-pregnancy pants I just used a belly band to cover my open zipper.  I got a few maternity tops and dresses from Asos.  They have really cute stuff and very generous sales. 
  • Options
    Target Has Tons On Clearance Racks Right Now!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I started showing really early. I've found eBay to be a great source of maternity wear. I've spent a couple hundred bucks but I have tons of quality pieces that I can transition from the office to the evening and into the weekend. Nearly all were new with tags too. Target and Pea in the Pod has awesome sales that I caught and found items that were regularly $100 for about $20. (-:
  • Options
    I always think it's so much more important to be comfy and look fab because when you're feeling yucky, you'll feel so much better!!  I have purchased about 4 new pairs of pants and about 6 or 7 maxi dresses plus a few shirts that I can pair different cardigans, scarves, accessories with so switch it up.  I always look for a deal.  There's great deals on Target.com, Oldnavy.com and at H&M.  Good luck!!
  • Options
    Look for a maternity consignment store. I bought two pairs of jeans for about $8 each at one along with some nursing tops and bras. One pair of jeans still had the tags on them. My job is really laid back, but I still like to look nice. I probably won't end up spending more than $200 on maternity clothes. I'll need a nice dress for two weddings and holidays. I expect to be able to wear most of my tops and jackets through most of my pregnancy though. I never wore super tight clothes and I have been working out to keep my arms and legs in good shape. I think most of my dresses, shirts, etc. will work through about 7 months. 

Old Navy, Target, and a few other cheaper places have nice maternity selections. In your situation, I would probably get some nice wrap dresses to wear under a blazer and a pair of dressy comfortable shoes. Another trick is wearing a black dress twice in the same week but mixing up jewelry and accessories. Wrap dresses are nice because they are perfect for postpartum and nursing. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Can you stop starting threads that you never respond to? This isn't your personal search engine service
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"