2nd Trimester

Choroid plexus cysts....

Hello! I'm 20 weeks pregnant with my 3rd and we just had our anatomy ultrasound where everything looked good except for 1 choriod plexus cyst. Of course this was devastating news even though we were told not to worry. I have a follow up ultrasound with a maternal fetal medicine doctor in 4 weeks. I'm trying not to worry... from other boards I've read on different sites it sounds like these usually resolve themselves and are not even visible on the follow up ultrasound. Just worrisome to hear that they are linked with trisomy 18. Any advice would be great appreciated!

Thanks!!

Re: Choroid plexus cysts....

• Have you considered getting a cfDNA test to check your chances for a trisomy?
    -------------------------------
    Sarah, 35 bumping from NE Ohio
    Married my love 4/22/2006
    DD born 10/12/2009
    DS born sleeping 2/23/2013 full trisomy 18
    Baby 3 due 2/13/2015
    Pregnancy Ticker}
  • I think I'll wait until after the follow up u/s. Is that the maternal blood test? If there is still reason for concern i'd do that. I'm not interested at all in an amniocentesis. Regardless of what we are told.
  • Loading the player...
  • My daughter had quite a few at her A/S. I freaked out and cried. They went away and she's a perfectly healthy 1 year old.
  • My baby had a choroid plexus cyst at the 18 week ultrasound. Just went back yesterday at 22 weeks and cyst is gone.
  • My baby had one at our A/S at 18 weeks+ 6 days.  Because she showed no other soft markers (no heart issues, no neck fluid, no leg/growth issues), they said they have no concerns and that don't recommend that any followup is necessary.  Apparently they are fairly common in the second trimester and the vast majority dissipate on their own by third tri.

BabyFetus Ticker

• I love reading these they really put me at ease for the timebeing. I see maternal fetal medicine in 2 weeks and am praying the cyst is gone. Please also pray everything with the baby's heart is fine because they were unable to get good views of his heart at my 20week u/s because of his positioning. Thank you so much for sharing your stories!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"