September 2014 Moms
Options

Anyone else still measuring small?

JenL517JenL517 member
edited August 2014 in September 2014 Moms
I'm due 9/4 and I'm 39 weeks now and measuring 36. My doc recommended I get a ultrasound soon to be sure everything is ok. This makes me nervous! Anyone else experiencing something similar?

Answers

• Options
    Yep, have a scan next Tuesday to check on her growth. Measuring 3 weeks behind. They think it is because she sits so low.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    That really doesn't sound "small" to me at all... Remember ultrasounds are a guesstimate and can be VERY off in either direction!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yup. Have been since 30w and now 37. Constantly 3-4 weeks behind but US shows a very healthy baby. They think it's the position.
    BFP 7/13 ended 9/13 MMC BFP 1/14 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am measuring 35 at 39 weeks.. got an ultrasound today and measuring great per that. I think sometimes you could be low or carrying wider..

photo camannouncement2.jpg

Mom to Cameron, 3 years old

TTC: 1 year
    1/2013: Chemical m/c 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yep! Just had my scan last week. Baby is growing- just petite. Try not to worry and know that scans are only estimates!
    BabyFruit Ticker  
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I feel better now and more comfortable going into my appt on Friday! Thanks
  • Options
    I have a little one also. He's measuring around 30th%. I will probably have one more us to check his size. It doesn't surprise me he's small though, dd is 3 and 26lbs(5th%) and 35in (17th%) and she's always been that way. Barely on the growth charts but always growing at the same curve.
  • Options
    Had the same experience today and booked the ultrasound for Thurs. Am glad to see it's not just me. First daughter was 6.3 and 20 inches so am thinking this little girl will also be little, but long. Wishing you the best and praying the same for myself.
  • Options
    I've had many friends measure differently.. and then when baby pops out, the u/s was inaccurate so I would try not to worry too much! Sending positive vibes, I'm sure it's probably just positioning or one of the other factors!
  • Options
    Same here. With DS I always measured big until the last month or so. Then I started measuring small. He was born 7 lbs 6 oz on his due date. I think he was just soooo low that my belly stopped growing out. This time I've measured a little behind the entire time. Doctor is not worried, but we will be doing an US in the next couple of weeks. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"