2nd Trimester
Options

Placenta Previa Bleed **Update***

jnedenjneden member
edited September 2014 in 2nd Trimester
I'm just curious for those of you that have had placenta previa when did you have your first bleed? Or did you bleed at all? Any warning signs or did it start suddenly? I was daignosed with complete placenta previa and I feel like a "ticking time bomb". I'm trying not to think about it but its hard. 

**Update** Just had an appointment yesterday and the placenta is moving!!!! Yay!!! The doctor is confident that it will be completely out of the way by 28 weeks!! I'm soooo relieved!!! :) 
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Placenta Previa Bleed **Update***

• Options
    No personal experience - just to give you some ((hugs))
    BFP #1 09/26/2013 EDD 06/04/2013 MMC 11/01/2013
    BFP #2 05/15/2014 EDD 01/24/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @ peggels24 Thank ypou!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm mobile so I can't see how far along you are. I'm 23 weeks and have had zero bleeding. The MFM that diagnosed my partial placenta previa said I may or may not have any bleeding. I haven't really thought about the bleeding, just what will happen if it doesn't move.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I know it's hard but try not to stress. I am 31 weeks with full placenta previa. I have only had 2 issues with spotting. Once at 12 weeks and then again at 16 weeks. Both times I had over-exerted myself at work. I had extreme cramping before the spotting started. I know every pregnancy is different but just follow your Dr's instructions. I've been on pelvic rest since 12 weeks (poor DH) and just had my work and activity limited to 6hrs a day last week. Fx you won't have any issues!!
  • Options
    @pinkthinkmommy Thanks! That's great that you haven't had any issues since 16 weeks. I'm trying to just take it easy and not stress! :) 
  • Options
    I had a complete previa with my last pregnancy, and had my first bleed at 27 weeks. It came on suddenly, no pain or warning signs. It's pretty scary. Good luck!
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• Options
    I had a marginal previa with my daughter and ended up having a scary bleeding episode at 20 weeks (literally two days after my anatomy scan) that resulted in a trip to L & D at 4AM and a 10 hour stay. I had another few bleeding episodes between 20 and 28 weeks before the previa resolved itself. It's scary as hell, but my OB said there is basically no risk to the baby during these bleeding episodes (more to mama) and to just take it easy. 

Good luck mama!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! :) 
  • Options
    I was diagnosed with a partial previa at 19 weeks; I'm just shy of 21 weeks now and feel like you... just waiting, worried. I'm on pelvic rest since the scan and thankfully my job is not physically demanding, but I do have a five year old son and I still play with him and pick him up sometimes...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"