Infertility

Intro: trying to find the right board

I'm BGG and I've been gone since early 2012. I've had 10 failed iui's in the past, a fresh IVF cycle, and then this cycle was an IVF FET. My beta yesterday was 109.9 but my progesterone was only 5 and I am bleeding heavily and have been since Saturday. Just as a last ditch effort my doc had me go get IM progesterone and I just stuck myself as directed a few hours ago. My next beta is tomorrow. 

**loss mentioned**
I expect that tomorrow my levels will not be increasing sufficiently (though I'd love to hear otherwise). But I'd love to hear from anyone who has had an early IVF loss about when they were able to start their next cycle. I mean, I feel like my period started on Saturday, but I'm also hearing that my period can't actually be starting yet. My plan will be another FET. Anyone know anything about this stuff? 

I understand if I haven't participated enough to get advice yet. I hope to be of help on the issues of: iui's, donor sperm, ivf antagonist cycles, and at some point ivf FET.

Re: Intro: trying to find the right board

• I had a chemical pregnancy with my last FET. I was able to start prepping for the next one after my "period". beta also has to go down to below 5. I'm sorry you are going through this. If you are right about this not working out in your favor, then I hope you will at least be able to start again soon. Good luck! 
    **warning**
    Me (31), DH (33), one furbaby (7) - unexplained IF 
    hysteroscopy and polypectomy 2/14
    IVF #1 3/2014 - cancelled (early ovulation)
    IVF #1.2  ER 5/16/14: 23R 18F -  freeze all (12) due to concern for late onset OHSS 
    FET #1 in June - delayed due to thin lining, 7/18 SET (7.5 mm lining) resulted in chemical pregnancy
    FET #2 in Sept - 9/4 transferred 2 CCS tested embryos (6.5mm lining)
    9/13 beta #1 - 400, 9/15 beta #2 - 950, U/S 9/22 one gestational/yolk sac - next up 9/29
    3 frozen CCS tested embryos remaining
  • I know I just need to wait and see my levels and and ask my doctor :/  I guess I will need to see if this is actually my period or whether that is still coming somehow. The IM progesterone did stop the bleeding but I've been bleeding insane amounts for three days.
  • Loading the player...
  • I also had a CP after my first IVF; but my cycle didn't start until after I had discontinued meds, even though my second beta was below 5. 

I will have my fingers crossed that this turns around for you, but in the event it doesn't, we're here.

*hugs*
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    19-year history of endometriosis. Multiple surgeries and cyst removals. Forced directly into IVF due to blocked tubes and severe adhesions.
    IVF w/ICSI and CCS #1 - Dec 2013 - Only 1 normal. Ended in CP
    IVF w/ICSI and CCS #2, at CCRM - March 2014!
    14R, 12 ICSI'd, 11F, 6 for CCS, 5 healthy blasts frozen!
    Two 5BB blasts transferred 9/10; First beta 9/19: 109; second beta 9/22: 550!
    EDD: 5/29/15

imageimage

BabyFetus Ticker
  • You also might try the Third Party Reproduction board. This board isn't really the best place for those who have a BFP, but it's the awesomest when you're doing IVF/FETs. Early pregnancy is a little bit of a limbo phase. You could check in on Pregnant after Infertility, too. I'm sure you know this, but lots of people bleed for months leading up to a healthy baby! Are you on supplemental progesterone of some kind?
    **********************siggy/ticker warning**********************

***Losses mentioned.*** TTC #1 since May 2012. Me: 37, OH: 41. Ectopic August 2012 => tubal damage. :'(  Stage 1 endo removed June 2013. IVF #1 Oct/Nov 2013: Long Lupron with Gonal-F. 7R, 7M, 7F. 2 txfer@3d. Nothing frozen.  => M/C @ 8 wks. :'( Selected RPL panel all normal. Very hyper and brittle response to stims. IVF #2 (antagonist protocol) Feb 2014 => Converted to IUI (Perfect conditions). BFN. IVF #2.1 w/ new RE June 2014: Antagonist protocol. 33R, 31M, 30F, 19 blasts to test!!! I made it through without crashing!! :) Hats off to Dr. Fancypants!! ET of one 5AB blast. BFN. 13 10 CCS'ed snowflakes! FET #1 PUPO as of 7/29 Betas: 8/7@24, 8/9@97, 8/11@334 (etc.) Two sacs on 8/15, one seen on 8/18 after a bleed. U/s 8/25 (6+3) "perfect": 5.9 mm + HB@120bpm! U/s 9/4 (7+6): 15.9 mm + HB@172 bpm! Please, PLEASE stick this time!!!!
    http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae39/catfreeburg/866da40f5178fed79efe23fc8a4e8a_zps4498a9cc.jpgimageimageimageimage
  • Looks like you've had a tough go at it. ((Big hugs to you)) I'm sorry and hoping for success for you!
  • Our first cycle ended in a c/p, and our RE wanted us to wait 2 cycles. This was in June, and we're waiting until January to cycle again, but that's our own choice.

Good luck to you, and I hope that the bleeding stops and you get good news tomorrow :) If not, then you're absolutely welcome to come back, but I'll still hold out a little hope for you!
    image imageimage

***EVERYONE WELCOME***
    TTC #2 with assistance since 03/11
    Me: 33, Autoimmune (Hashimotos and FMS/CFS)
    Treated with Synthroid, acupuncture, TCM and supplements
    DH: 33, MFI (very low on all counts, high antibodies, hemochromatosis)
    Many treatments tried, none successful

IVF/ICSI #1 05/14 - EPP/Antagonist, Gonal-F and Luveris, 18R, 14M, 13F - SET of 1BC, all arrested on day 5 - C/P
    Genetic testing = normal, DNA Frag = excellent
    IVF #2 03/15 - Long protocol with Suprefact, Gonal-F, and possibly Luveris, adding in PICSI

• I'm sorry you're dealing with that!  I think every RE is a little different.  Mine will pretty much always do a round of BCP before a fresh cycle or an FET.  But I've seen a few jump right back into it, though.  Depending on how far along you are before beta would drop, I think the most common time frame is to wait one month.

BUT hopefully the progesterone does the trick and you are ok.  hugs!!

Me 33, DH 37 -- TTC since Jan'12 -- Low AMH (0.78) & endo, SA w/ low motility
    IUI's 1-3 = BFN, IVF converted to IUI 4/13 = BFN
    IVF 1.2: 8R 6M 4F -- 2 blastocysts frozen, FET 8/15 = BFP!!
    Beta #s = 445;1,098; 9,545  -- EDD 5/2 -- Team Pink!
    Camila Josephine arrived 4/30 :)
  • I had a bit of a later loss - m/c at 8w, but things had already started to go wrong at 6w.  AF didn't show up until 6 weeks after the D&C.  With an earlier loss, I'm not sure if a D&C is necessary, but I've been told that 6-7 weeks post D&C is normal for a menstrual cycle.

FX that you are just experiencing some spotting, and your beta today will show that you are not going through a loss right now.  Please update us on the results (if you still want to share).

*** Ticker Warning ***

Me: 37, DH: 39, TTC 5 yrs

2013 summary: Diagnosed with Hypothyroid; Cervical polyp removed (benign); 
    2 rounds ovidrel with timed intercourse (no result): 3 rounds IUI with clomid + ovidrel (no result)
    2014 summary (to date):
    IVF cycle 1 - ER: 4/17 (28 follicles, 3 fertilized, 2 survived to day 3);
    ET: 4/20 (3rd day, 2 embryos - 1 @ 6 cells & 1 @ 4 cells); Beta 5/1 - BFP!; 
    1st scan 5/13 - development behind, no heartbeat detected; D&C 6/2; WTF 6/13
    IVF cycle 2 - BCP begun 7/12; stims w/ HGH begun 7/26; 
    ER: 8/6, 12 follicles, 7 fertilized w/ ICSI; ET: 8/11, 3 blastocysts left, 2 transferred, 3rd arrested 8/12 - none to freeze :'(
    1st beta 8/19 - BFP! 294; 2nd beta 8/26 - 4976; 1st u/s 9/2; 2nd u/s 9/9 - two little heartbeats at 140 each!!! 
    EDD: 29-April-2015
    Other Meds: Synthroid 100 mcg/daily

imageimageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • This was a lot simpler when there were fewer boards. Sorry. I posted here because I was asking about people's cp experiences and IVF next steps. But regardless, I belong here now. Beta Tuesday to see that the HCG is gone and to check other hormone levels.
  • No need to be sorry! The boards can be confusing now that there's so many of them. I'm sorry you're finding yourself back here, and I hope that you're able to cycle again soon.
    image imageimage

***EVERYONE WELCOME***
    TTC #2 with assistance since 03/11
    Me: 33, Autoimmune (Hashimotos and FMS/CFS)
    Treated with Synthroid, acupuncture, TCM and supplements
    DH: 33, MFI (very low on all counts, high antibodies, hemochromatosis)
    Many treatments tried, none successful

IVF/ICSI #1 05/14 - EPP/Antagonist, Gonal-F and Luveris, 18R, 14M, 13F - SET of 1BC, all arrested on day 5 - C/P
    Genetic testing = normal, DNA Frag = excellent
    IVF #2 03/15 - Long protocol with Suprefact, Gonal-F, and possibly Luveris, adding in PICSI

• My RE says that because it was so early that I don't need to skip a cycle which is great news because I'd already begun winding my law practice down since cases go to trial at @13months. We will know more after we see my levels Saturday and then Tues. But I don't understand how that could work unless the protocol changes, since I'm now on day 6 of my cycle. I'm excited to find out.
  • @BostonGayGal I'm sorry for your c/p.  I had one with IVF #2 and it was so hard to see that positive test only to have it taken away.  ((hugs))

We couldn't go straight into another cycle because my clinic does batched cycling, but I'm glad to hear you don't have to wait.  I hope your next cycle brings you your take home baby!

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• I started estrogen on day 8 of my cycle for this FET after my chemical. RE chose not to do Lupron this time, but if she had, then I would have started Lupron then, bled again 10 days or so later, and gone on from there. They will work it out for you depending on the protocol. Glad you don't have to wait too long to start again. That was the only thing that helped me feel (a little) better.
    **warning**
    Me (31), DH (33), one furbaby (7) - unexplained IF 
    hysteroscopy and polypectomy 2/14
    IVF #1 3/2014 - cancelled (early ovulation)
    IVF #1.2  ER 5/16/14: 23R 18F -  freeze all (12) due to concern for late onset OHSS 
    FET #1 in June - delayed due to thin lining, 7/18 SET (7.5 mm lining) resulted in chemical pregnancy
    FET #2 in Sept - 9/4 transferred 2 CCS tested embryos (6.5mm lining)
    9/13 beta #1 - 400, 9/15 beta #2 - 950, U/S 9/22 one gestational/yolk sac - next up 9/29
    3 frozen CCS tested embryos remaining
  • Thank you gnl42, that is so helpful to hear. This past cycle I was just on the Estrace and then later the Endometrin. I have no idea how she might change it up except that I requested to be on the IM progesterone (which I've done before also) this time unless she prefers otherwise - I'd much rather get shots and be able to wear nice undies without pantyliners.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"