May 2014 Moms

M15

Are we doing anything to post on their board? I really thought it was sweet last fall when someone did that on ours - maybe I'm in the minority, but I was a nervous first time mom and it helped to see such an adorable baby and hear some advice from the someone on M13. 

Maybe a collage of M14 babes and 10 things we've learned over the past year? 

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: M15

• I feel like a lot of people on our board were offended by that so it might be not be something we want to do to them... just my 2 cents FWIW.
  • Loading the player...
  • I wasn't offended either but I think others thought it was AW or had the mentality of let us figure it out ourselves.

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
    DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image

• I seem to remember people that already had kids were like, wtf who cares?  But I personally as a first time mom thought it was sweet.  Can't please everybody.  Maybe if we title the post towards first time moms it will go over better?
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I think it's a sweet idea, but I wouldn't want to offend them. Could we lurk for a little and get a feel for their board before deciding?
    October Siggy Challenge - Halloween

Happy Endings

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'd air on the side of not doing it ... a little lurking here and you'd see there isn't much to offer a FTM.
  • Agree with pp... I think some took it as AW and sort of thought "who are you and why do we care?"... I wasn't personally offended but I remember it started some drama. Not a bar idea to lurk awhile before posting anything...I can't imagine something like that going over well on A15 w/the dramz they've already had so who knows what kind of feel M15 will have.
  • Haha we should! I could post a video somehow of my baby screaming all day from reflux!
  • I like the idea of posting but think it's be needed more when they are in their first few weeks with baby and thinking 'dear God what did I get myself into'. Right now they (FTMs) just have no idea (at least I didnt) and I could see them not getting out of it what we want them to.
  • I'm sure that would go over well too.

I never get to gif, I'm on mobile too much :P
  • MK1013 said:
    Hahahaha @DH09072012‌ post pictures of cracked nipples, the clock at all hours of the night, poopy outfits from blowouts, etc......
    Seriously. "You think you can't sleep now? I remember when I was napping 3 times a day." But I never took it that serious either, until I started to live it. So I doubt they will too.

It's a BOY

• I thought that girl posting picture of her baby on a board with a bunch of women dealing with new BFPs and losses was in bad form.  
    I won't participate if people here decide to do it.  I'd be happy to offer them L&D advice if they want it in the future.  

• aimee223 said:

I
    Also, I totally thought this was goiing to be another BFP announcement.

Me too!!

I also kind of like the idea of posting L&D tips or newborn tips, but I'm a FTM so would like that info. Agree that it may be best to lurk first to see what the overall atmosphere is.
  • I think it'd be nice to do a welcome to motherhood for FTM's from M14. Nothing like M13 did to us, as it was viewed as condescending. Just tips on pregnancy and such.
  • I just thought it would be nice if it was done in a tasteful manner. I was under the impression it was a tradition of TB BMB's to say hello.
    Maybe just the infamous "sup?" GIF?
  • Not my board, not my problem. Let them bitches hash that shit out them selves.
    imageimageimage

• Miles2GoMiles2Go member
    edited August 2014
    I could get down with a sup cat and a "congrats and best wishes!"

Save the AW crap for HDBD.

imageimage image

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"