September 2012 Moms
Options

Fitness check-in 8/26

I haven't seen a check in post for a while, how is everyone doing?  Progress?  Struggles?

Bonus question: share your good workout play list or pandora channel.  I need some new work out music :)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Fitness check-in 8/26

• Options
    I have been exercising more regularly lately and I've done pretty well with eating.  I'm not tracking my calories anymore, although I do think I want to get back in the habit of doing it.  I really find it helps me be accountable.  Also, it is finally starting to cool down so we are starting to do more family walks after dinner.  Last night DH, DS and I walked for 3 miles around our neighborhood. 

Like I said, I'm in need of a music refresh, but here are some songs that I enjoy running to: Uprising by Muse, I Like It by Enrique, S&M by Rihanna and I Want You to Want Me by Cheap Trick. 

• Options
    I have been running still almost everyday.  I have been following my training plan pretty spot on.  I am struggling with a food though.  We were at the in laws last week and I gained everything I had lost back.  So again at square one.

I do love the Starship station, Rihanna, and Todays Alternative stations on Pandora to run to.
                  image     image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I did great last week until Sunday when I ate everything in sight. 

Boot camp reset me last night and I am ready to take on the week. 

My favorite station lately is Spotify 90s pop station

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options
    I need new music too. I've just been listening to Today's Hits on Pandora.

I ran 12 miles Sunday morning, my longest run before the 1/2 marathon next weekend. I did a quick 2.5 this morning. I'll probably do a short run tomorrow morning and 8 miles or so on Saturday to start the taper.

Food-wide, I've been trying to watch portions. It's too early to say I'm seeing progress, but I'm definitely snacking less, which is a major start for me.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Well I was doing alright, but i found a delicious recipe for oatmeal raisin cookies yesterday, soooo that's what I did!

my favorite pandora station to workout to is "Tambourine"-- it's a song by Eve and the station is mostly mid 2000's hip hop. Favorite songs on my Spotify workout list are

Good Good Night - Roscoe Dash (this smash crank remix)
    Booty Wurk (the dorm party remix lol) - T Pain
    Move Shake Drop Remix - DJ Laz
    I Like the Way - Bodyrockers
    Shake Señora - Pitbull (and others, too many to list)

I like to pretend I'm hood when I workout haha

ETA clarification on a song--- the remix is infinitely better to work out to
  • Options
    I'm really struggling with making healthy food decisions. Part of this is tied into my depression which I just started getting help with last week. Im also struggling making healthy dinner recipes, with portions for just the three of us, that my boys will eat. So I'm definitely still in a transition period, and haven't even bothered to step on a scale. I have been getting the boys out for walks more, which makes us all feel better, so I'm considering it a win this week.

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • Options
    jessk86 said:
    Well I was doing alright, but i found a delicious recipe for oatmeal raisin cookies yesterday, soooo that's what I did!

my favorite pandora station to workout to is "Tambourine"-- it's a song by Eve and the station is mostly mid 2000's hip hop. Favorite songs on my Spotify workout list are

Good Good Night - Roscoe Dash (this smash crank remix)
    Booty Wurk (the dorm party remix lol) - T Pain
    Move Shake Drop Remix - DJ Laz
    I Like the Way - Bodyrockers
    Shake Señora - Pitbull (and others, too many to list)

I like to pretend I'm hood when I workout haha

ETA clarification on a song--- the remix is infinitely better to work out to
    This is right up my alley!  I like to go "hood" when I workout too!

I use the Cardio Mix list on Pandora too.

I have been totally off the wagon.  I don't know what's wrong with me.  I'm telling myself that DD's party this Sunday is the last hurrah and that Sept 1 it's ON LIKE DONKEY KONG, otherwise, I'll just blow up through the holidays.  If I can lose 6-8 pounds through September/October, I can calmly go into the holidays.   LISTEN UP MOMMAP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    melody921 said:

I ran 12 miles Sunday morning, my longest run before the 1/2 marathon next weekend. I did a quick 2.5 this morning. I'll probably do a short run tomorrow morning and 8 miles or so on Saturday to start the taper.

Food-wide, I've been trying to watch portions. It's too early to say I'm seeing progress, but I'm definitely snacking less, which is a major start for me.
    Awesome job!  Good luck next weekend!  You'll do great!

• Options
    cmarie520 said:
    melody921 said:

Thanks! I'm getting really excited. :-D

• Options
    melody921 said:
    cmarie520 said:
    melody921 said:

So awesome!  Good luck next weekend!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    MommaP12 said:
    melody921 said:
    cmarie520 said:
    melody921 said:

So awesome!  Good luck next weekend!!

Thanks!

• Options
    I haven't quite fit working out into my new schedule but I still have my mind wrapped around it so I know I'll work something out soon. :)  I think that counts as progress!  lol

Eating, I could improve on. I just need to prepare more really.  I am bad to grab a snack at night lately and I need to just altogether cut that out.

I'm taking notes with all this music talk.  I lean more towards the Garbage 2.0 Cd, and Rhianna (why is she so good to listen to working out? IDK her music just fits so nicely), and T.I., justin timberlake, Nelly Furtado, JLo, and just a mix of all kinds of stuff.  I pick 4 songs for every run because I only run for 15 min.  It's nice to vary it up for sure!
    Dexter 08/31/2012~Summer 07/25/2011~Jack 10/21/2008~Aaron 08/12/2007
  • Options

I haven't quite fit working out into my new schedule but I still have my mind wrapped around it so I know I'll work something out soon. :)  I think that counts as progress!  lol

Eating, I could improve on. I just need to prepare more really.  I am bad to grab a snack at night lately and I need to just altogether cut that out.

I'm taking notes with all this music talk.  I lean more towards the Garbage 2.0 Cd, and Rhianna (why is she so good to listen to working out? IDK her music just fits so nicely), and T.I., justin timberlake, Nelly Furtado, JLo, and just a mix of all kinds of stuff.  I pick 4 songs for every run because I only run for 15 min.  It's nice to vary it up for sure!

Breakin dishes by rhianna is a good one to work out to-- great beat!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"