February 2014 Moms

Book club suggestions

I know we're still discussing Divergent, but it never hurts to start thinking of a new book/movie. What are you interested in reading this fall?

And don't forget...
F14 Siggy Challenge

Re: Book club suggestions

• @Bookshelves‌ I'm looking in your direction for a suggestion. Totally putting you on the spot. ;)
    F14 Siggy Challenge
  • Wrong person to ask, as I've been a terrible reader lately. No one except @ChiaWombat‌ ever likes my suggestions anyway. ;) The two biggest hits in my IRL book club in recent months have been Beautiful Ruins and Where'd You Go, Bernadette? Both easy-ish fiction reads. I've been trying to get my book club to do a thing where we all pick a book on a specific theme (eg. biography, classic) and then report back. No one else seems to like that idea. Probably because they don't want to hear me go on about Lawrence of Arabia.
    I'm reading GoT series and John Grisham books right now, I'm not sure they'd be good suggestions either.

Maybe I'll take a look around the google and see if I can come up with something.

Or Anne of Green Gables ;)
    F14 Siggy Challenge
  • Loading the player...
  • Does it have to have been made into a film? I LOVE the Charlie Parker series by John Connolly (especially Black Angel). Although, what about Kiss the Girls or Along Came a Spider by James Patterson? Both easy reads and films with Morgan Freeman....can't go wrong :)
  • I already read it, and am anxiously waiting for the movie (in October)... Gone Girl. I thought the book was pretty good, and an added bonus-the movie was filmed in the town that I work.

I think I have strange book tastes though. I enjoy the YA books, and basically anything that's an 'easy' read.

dx PCOS 2007

BFP #1 (natural) 12/23/2010. Stillbirth due to IC 4/2/2011

TTC #2 starting 03/2012

RE starting 07/2012

05/2013 BFP on a Letrozole (Femara)/trigger!

Cerclage, Procardia, Makena, GD (with insulin), MBR, and we made it!  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Our Angel was born sleeping at 20 weeks due to IC.

• Dexter&11 said:

Does it have to have been made into a film? I LOVE the Charlie Parker series by John Connolly (especially Black Angel). Although, what about Kiss the Girls or Along Came a Spider by James Patterson? Both easy reads and films with Morgan Freeman....can't go wrong :)

I have seen Along Came a Spider but never read it... I LOVE that movie.

I would be down for John Grisham!

I am trying to think of books that have movies that would be free to watch on Netflix...

Along came a Spider is the first Alex Cross book by James Patterson, think Kiss the Girls is the 3rd in the same series. The books are brilliant as the chapters are rarely more than 5 pages, and so fast passed, you can read an entire book in a couple of hours :)

Oooo - just thought, how about The Bone Collector by Jefferey Deaver, or The Lincoln Lawyer by Michael Connolly?
  • I just watched The Other Boleyn Girl, and I loved the book, so I nominate that. :)
  • I'm all for anything legal thriller or Phillipa Gregory.

Did we def decide there has to be a movie? If not, I'm reading a sweet story called "Glitter and Glue" that's about the mother daughter relationship. I don't have a daughter by as a parent and a daughter i can really relate
  • I found this handy link n Good Reads, for books made into movies. https://www.goodreads.com/shelf/show/books-made-into-movies I'm thinking of The Lovely Bones. Or Gone With the Wind!
    F14 Siggy Challenge
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"