Breastfeeding

~*~*MSPI Moms Weekly Check-In*~*~ 08/25

~*~*MSPI Moms Weekly Check-In*~*~

Welcome! This is a check-in for moms who are/were on a dairy free and/or soy free diet due to their LO's intolerance. The check-ins will be posted every Monday on the Breastfeeding board and XP'd to the Food Allergy board. If you'd like to join the group, just post an intro here and dive in! To check out the archive of our previous check-ins, please see the MSPI Moms Blog (www.mspimoms.blogspot.com).

1. How are you doing? How is your LO doing?

2. How long have you been on the diet? Are you avoiding any other food(s)?

3. Any other burning questions you'd like answered or experiences to share?

4. Silver Lining: Has the diet helped you lose (control) weight?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: ~*~*MSPI Moms Weekly Check-In*~*~ 08/25

• 1. How are you doing? How is your LO doing? Happy to report another good week. DD2 is doing great with solids too!

2. How long have you been on the diet? Are you avoiding any other food(s)? I've been on the diet for 5.5 months. Avoiding dairy, soy, eggs, nuts, beef, corn, wheat and black beans. I've been staying away from pineapple too.

3. Any other burning questions you'd like answered or experiences to share? Nothing this week.

4. Silver Lining: Has the diet helped you lose (control) weight? Yes, it definitely helped drop the pregnancy weight. The diet has been kind of limiting so I up my portion sizes to make sure I'm still getting enough calories each day.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• 1. How are you doing? How is your LO doing?

Doing great! DD has another cold (thank you daycare) and was running a fever this weekend, but otherwise seems to be doing great. We reintroduced baked cheese last week and are on day 6 of her eating that with no major problems. She did have a runny/maybe watery stool on Saturday but I think that may have been related to her cold/fever. I also *think* she may be spitting up slightly more, but I may just be paranoid. At 11 months, she rarely spits up anymore, but she has been spitting up a small amount once-twice a day the last few days. I may just be noticing it more since I'm looking out for problems.

2. How long have you been on the diet? Are you avoiding any other food(s)?

9 months. Still avoiding beef and tree nuts, but have successfully added baked dairy and baked cheese back in. I will probably give baked cheese another week before moving on to unbaked cheese or yogurt. I guess we'll give beef and tree nuts a try last. I'd rather have dairy than beef anyway ;)

3. Any other burning questions you'd like answered or experiences to share?

Nope, I'm just beyond excited that DD seems to be doing well with adding these foods back in. Keeping my fingers crossed that she's completely outgrown everything and we can both eat everything at her birthday party next month!

4. Silver Lining: Has the diet helped you lose (control) weight?

Yes. A little too much. I was at a health weight pre-pregnancy, and had lost all but 1 or 2lbs when I started the MSPI diet. I am now 10lbs below my pre-pregnancy weight and borderline underweight. A few months in I was really struggling finding enough to eat and was constantly hungry and unsatisfied. After I got the hang of things and figured out good substitutions I began eating more and the weight loss finally stopped. And I'm not starving all the time :)

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...

• 1. How are you doing? How is your LO doing? We are good. DS turned one today !!!/

2. How long have you been on the diet? MSPI 8 months. wheat, egg, nuts, oats, tree nuts 1 month. Also avoiding citrus, rice, broccoli

3. Any other burning questions you'd like answered or experiences to share? This question occurred to me suddenly today. Does Coke contain dairy?

4. Silver Lining: Has the diet helped you lose (control) weight? i had lost the pregnancy weight by the time i started this diet. I have lost 35 pounds since then. I am in the middle to low end of my weight range now. I am hungry A LOT.

• @Salemkitty13 Happy birthday to your LO!
    I didn't drink most sodas like Coke or Dr. Pepper while on the MSPI diet because they had caramel coloring, which can be derived from dairy. There may have been other iffy ingredients, and I didn't investigate too hard about any of them because I wasn't really drinking soda any way. You might be able to find some more info online or if you call the company.
  • @rocknrollfriend‌ Thanks.. That is what I was afraid of. I can't believe it JUST occurred to me! My poor baby. Some days I feel that I may not be smart enough for this diet ;)
  • @Salemkitty13 It stumps the best of us. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"