Pregnant after 35
Options

Increased amniotic fluid at a/s scan

Everything went well with my u/s, except that they said there was more amniotic fluid than there should be, which could indicate a chromosomal problem. I had the Pamorama test done that came back normal, but I need to decide by this week if I want to proceed with the amniocentesis. I am a worrier, so I really want to get a definite answer, which the amnio does, but there is a slight chance of miscarriage with the procedure. Has anyone else had increased amniotic fluid? I need advice ASAP! Thanks everyone :)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Increased amniotic fluid at a/s scan

• Options
    How high was your fluid? I had slightly high levels last time and all was fine. I would think they could re-check for you another time before you do amnio. Fluid levels can vary day to day.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @nicoleWI....You know, he never told me. And after researching, I read about different levels online so I wish I would've known to ask. The problem with waiting to check again is that I am going to be 20 weeks in 2 days, so I only have this next week to do the amnio. The more I read, including your post, ease my mind more because it seems like more often than not, the baby turns out fine. Thanks so much for your reply!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My fluid levels are high. Could also be an indicator for GD, not necessarily chromasomal. For me, it meant more u/s to make sure baby was head down as we get closer to delivery. He/She has more room to move with the extra fluid! Try not to focus on the worst case scenario - I know it's hard!!
  • Options
    @AbbyLee621....yeah, the other tech told me that it could also be GD. And the doctor told me that I would go every month for an u/s. I am feeling better after I've read about more ladies that this has happened to her on The Bump.....and I am trying to stay positive! Thanks so much!!!
  • Options
    I had GD with my last one but it was never mentioned that my fluid was high. I made the tech check it at my 18 wk u/s this time bc a friend is having to deal with this right now. They are going to deliver her 2 wks early. Her levels keep rising.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Proud Mom to Kaleigh (14yr) Emma (12yr) and Hanna (7yr)

photo 65b2d6f3-b1dd-4a2a-944b-fcb0ed878723_zpsc89c0b93.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"