Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

What size clothes to register for

What size(s) should I register for?  Newborn, 0-3, 3-6, 9-12?  Should I register for all different sizes?  Should I register for mostly newborn and 0-3 and a little of the other stuff?
Thanks.

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: What size clothes to register for

• Options
    Don't register for clothes. Or blankets. You'll get TONS! And they'll mostly be 0-3 sized. If you see outfits you just have to have buy them in 9 months+.
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • Options
    Another vote for not registering for clothes.  People love to buy baby clothes and I can't imagine having to search for specific outfits off of a registry...things aren't always labeled clearly on the registry lists unless you're shopping online.  You will get TONS of newborn and 0-3 month clothes in various seasons.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Don't bother registering for clothing.  It will be almost impossible for people to find them among the sea of clothing.  People will want to pick out outfits, blankets, sleepers themselves.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options
    You will get more clothes than you will use at your shower. No need to register for them. Also random coworkers and old friends will buy you gifts as well. Make sure get newborn clothes if you don't receive them & do not take tags off of anything. All I got from people were 0-3 & 3-6 month clothes since I was told "you won't need newborn clothes".

I had to go to Walmart shortly after getting home because I needed newborn clothes. Both my boys wore newborn for 6 weeks. My big mistake was washing everything. I had a ton of 6 month stuff I never used because by the time DS grew into it it was out of season. I did get to use some of it with DS2 though. :/
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Another vote for no clothes. People love to pick something cute as a gift. I would just put some sleep sacks (or one piece PJs if you just must have clothes) on the list. When I was preggers with #1 all my friends who already had kids said 5 of each size PJs is good (2-3 Newborn). It turned out to be a good amount. Also I wouldn't register for stuff beyond the 6 month mark if you do decide in clothes. Eta: you can always add clothes to the list later too, that way you can use your completion coupon to get a discount.
  • Options
    Another reason not to register iforclothes is you just don't know how big LO will be or grow. My 9 month old is just about out of 12 month clothing and into 18 month. We ought very little 9 month because he's grown so much. He's also really tall.
  • Options
    Hmm...I registered for onesies, two pairs of pants and some socks. One set of onesie at 0-3 months and one for 3-6 mons. We chose to not know our baby's gender so we don't expect to get tons of clothes and I needed to add practical items on my registry to add more price options for guests. FTM here but my sister is a second time mom and she encouraged the onesies for registry. Two pairs of pants I added bc baby is due in November and I figure it'll be chilly. Plus, BBB is great for returns -- where I registered.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"