Cloth Diapering
Options

~~~Preggie Pact~~~

Re: ~~~Preggie Pact~~~

• Options
    stoneycakesstoneycakes member
    edited August 2014
    I guess we're NTNP this month.  Part of me wants to commit to TTC already and part of me wants to get a lot of painting done when we move into the new house and I don't want to worry about doing it while pregnant.  So basically baby or white cabinets and molding ;) I'm silly.
  • Options
    I get to start testing this weekend, but I'm going to try to hold out as long as possible to make sure it will stick.  I'm hoping this is my month.  If its not, we will just NTNP.  Calculated TTC is STRESSFUL!

OT TTC/KU question: do you avoid/limit caffeine? abstain from alcohol (like not even a glass of wine)?  Duh, I know that caffeine is safe during pregnancy and one glass of wine is debatable.  But I'm one of those that tries to avoid caffeine or at least limit it as much as possible.  Although, with DS I wasn't really a coffee drinker so it was easy to avoid soda.  Now I'm a regular morning coffee drinker.  I think it will be really hard to stop drinking coffee this time around.  Also, I'm an "absolutely no alcohol" person when pregnant.
                                                                                              BFP #1 3/2/12, T born 11/7/12
                                                                                                 BFP #2  7/2/14, CP 7/6/14
                                 BFP #3 8/28/14, MMC 10/2/14 @ 9wks - misoprostol 10/6/14, D&C 11/3/14 for retained tissue
                                       BFP #4 12/25/14, EDD 9/7/15 - please stick baby, you are so loved and wanted!!!!!                                                                                           

image  image                                                                      
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I drank caffeine the whole time I was pregnant with DS and had an occasional glass of wine after 20 weeks so no, I don't limit/abstain from either while TTC.  I don't drink more than a glass during the TWW but I'm a believer in drink till it's pink.

And I don't think "calculated TTC" is stressful.  I like knowing when to expect AF or if I should test.  It's much better than thinking I'm late when in reality I just ovulated later.  I don't tell DH when I'm in my fertile window.  We just have sex whenever and if it falls in that time, great.
    I would consider your style to be more NTNP while charting than "calculated TTC."  My kind of calculated TTC is calling DH up at work and demanding that he comes home on his lunch break because I saw some EWCM when I wiped. LOL.  I'm really fun to TTC with ;)
    Yep, that's pretty much what I consider "calculated TTC", lol.
                                                                                              BFP #1 3/2/12, T born 11/7/12
                                                                                                 BFP #2  7/2/14, CP 7/6/14
                                 BFP #3 8/28/14, MMC 10/2/14 @ 9wks - misoprostol 10/6/14, D&C 11/3/14 for retained tissue
                                       BFP #4 12/25/14, EDD 9/7/15 - please stick baby, you are so loved and wanted!!!!!                                                                                           

image  image                                                                      
  • Options
    welly336 said:
    I get to start testing this weekend, but I'm going to try to hold out as long as possible to make sure it will stick.  I'm hoping this is my month.  If its not, we will just NTNP.  Calculated TTC is STRESSFUL!

OT TTC/KU question: do you avoid/limit caffeine? abstain from alcohol (like not even a glass of wine)?  Duh, I know that caffeine is safe during pregnancy and one glass of wine is debatable.  But I'm one of those that tries to avoid caffeine or at least limit it as much as possible.  Although, with DS I wasn't really a coffee drinker so it was easy to avoid soda.  Now I'm a regular morning coffee drinker.  I think it will be really hard to stop drinking coffee this time around.  Also, I'm an "absolutely no alcohol" person when pregnant.
    Welly, I limit my caffeine intake to one cup of coffee a day when TTC and I abstain from alcohol during the TWW.  I've been trying to take a more laid back approach to TTC this month i.e. I'm not demanding constant sex just because it's my fertile window right now. ;) So I've also been drinking my regular medium sized coffee, which is equivalent to two coffees.  I'm hoping to wean myself down to one cup a day by the end of the month, though.
  • Options
    I like charting just for they knowledge, even without TTC. Once you figure your body out you don't really have to wonder about stuff. NTNP stresses me out more, bc I'm stressing ALL THE TIME rather than just around my O date. Although there isn't a lot of sex here. If we had EOD sex regularly it might be different. But I still like to know.
    I charted for a lot of years to prevent and then awhile for TTC so even when I'm not temping, I have a pretty good idea of what's going on from cervical fluid.  If I throw OPKs into the mix, I have an even better idea.  I guess I'm probably not NTNPing in the traditional sense right now, but I'm getting as close as I can for me, haha.
  • Options
    MK, maybe you should POAS.  Everyone told me to POAS when I said I only spotted for three days.
  • Options
    Totally normal stringy.  Keep us posted on your peeing on things. 

Sorry, only in here to stalk your ute.  I'll see myself out.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options

Calculating TTC is totally stressful. And imagine if you only get one shot at it (aka can only have sex once). Blah. I'm not stressed about it yet, but will be if it takes a while. Although I think I can up it to two insems a cycle if I want, but in my opinion thats just running through sperm faster. But I suppose it would be a good option.

I'm currently limiting/eliminating caffeine and abstaining from alcohol. I'm sure neither will last 9 months if I happen to be KU (well, alcohol I'll be more strict about).  Today's experiment was a chai tea latte from starbucks. So far its a winner over decaf tea or plain herbal tea.

I'll start peeing on sticks this weekend (or maybe like Thursday). I'm 8 days post insem right now. I didn't temp so I'm not sure exactly when I ovulated...but if this one didn't work I'll probly start temping next month. And I feel nothing. That's normal right?

Stringy!!!! Tea has more caffeine than coffee. At least at Starbucks. Seriously, just drink a tall regular coffee

And I think you stand alone in the "sperm runs out faster" camp. Everyone else has loads and loads of it

Pun: intended
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    And...I want to be here, but sex has not been happening in our house.

• Options
    Short 180mg 160mg
    Tall 260mg 240mg
    Grande 330mg 320mg
    Venti 415mg 400mg

This is average for regular (pike) roast

Okay. But I did lie. The ***approximate*** caffeine content in a grande chai latte is 80mg.

I'm way too excited to check out the info on coffee :\">

• Options
    stoneycakesstoneycakes member
    edited August 2014
    So what's the recommended caffeine limit while pregnant now?  I thought it was 350 mg, but my pregnant friend was saying it's only 150 mg?
  • Options
    I thought 200 :-/

• Options
    But I don't care. Lol. According to that chart I consume like 1000mg a day

Go me

• Options
    So I guess 350 is too high. Crap.
  • Options

My main motivation for avoiding caffeine is looking at my crazy toddler who is awake (happily) from 7 am until about 9 pm every day with barely a one hour nap.  Maybe if #2 never sees caffeine he/she will sleep sometimes? Of course then it won't be cute. I can't win.

• Options
    I don't know if I ovulated this month. My temps did start going up really late (day 21), but it is highly variable. I'm looking forward to next month and a more normal cycle.

I stick to 200 mg of caffeine a day while pregnant, but I don't pay attention to that while TTC.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"