Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Daily food intake?

So my little one just turned 6 months and has been having veggies and fruits for dinner. However, I'm thinking he probably needs more solids throughout the day.  How often should I give him solids including formula?

Re: Daily food intake?

• Options
    At 6 months, we started with one meal a day (dinner) about an hour or so after her daycare pick-up nursing session.

At 7 months, we added a second meal (breakfast) and sent purees to daycare for her to have about 90 minutes after her wake-up nursing.

We didn't go to three meals a day until we talked to her pedi at her 9m appointment.

Once we went to two meals a day, LO dropped two feedings in short order - her MOTN feeding (yay! although she occasionally still wants to eat MOTN) and her daycare pick-up session.  She has since then stuck to 5 feedings a day. 

Breast milk/formula should still be the bulk of LO's nutrition until age 1, so at 6 months, I would slow your roll here as far as solids go.
    Good advice.  I wasn't trying to rush things, just thought maybe he needed more.  I will definitely stick to one puree a day.  Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"