3rd Trimester

Looking for a breastfeeding/diaper changing night-light or lamp?

Re: Looking for a breastfeeding/diaper changing night-light or lamp?

• I have a low wattage bulb in a lamp on a nightstand in the corner of the room.  I covered the shade with fabric so that it matched the curtains I made, but it ended up having the added benefit of making the light even lower than a regular white lamp shade.  Darker or thicker fabric would have made it even dimmer, which I might consider for this LO's room.

On a related note, I also HIGHLY recommend those remote light switches you can get at Home Depot/Lowes.  You can attach the switch with double-sided tape to the wall by the door, and then plug in the receiver somewhere else in the room, and then plug in your lamp.  It's like a light switch that controls a plug for like $20 (instead of having an electrician come re-wire the room for the "real" thing!)

All the other nightlights we considered we didn't have enough control over since they were either plugged in = on, or activated by darkness or movement.  Kind of annoying when you want to sneak in or out. 
  • In LOs room his switch is on a dimmer. In our room i have a small touch lamp on my night stand. It does 3 levels of light. Each time you touch it it gets brighter. If that makes sense.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • DD's room has a motion nightlight behind the door and a touch lamp on her dresser. It was plenty of light, I still leave the touch lamp on the lowest setting at night.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • FIL installed a dimmer switch for LOs room.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • There are some baby monitors that project a picture on the ceiling. Most you can even control from the receiver so you can turn it on before going in the room. They don't produce a ton of light but I found it was the perfect amount for those nighttime feelings
  • We just installed a dimmer in our son's nursery and it worked great.
  • We have a touch lamp from Home Depot- you just tap the base to turn it on, and you aren't fumbling with switches.  It has three brightness levels, and we use a 15W bulb.  I love it!  The dimmest setting is dim enough to leave on all night, which was great when LO was sleeping in a bassinet in our room.  I use the medium setting for MOTN feeds and diaper changes.  Here's the link:
  • Thanks all! 
  • I have a salt crystal light with a dimmer, it has really nice warm relaxing light.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If it's for baby's room a motion detecting night light would work well. She got one for the bathroom when I was pregnant. It's enough light to see where you're going but not too bright. We got it from Amazon.

I have a small light on my nightstand in my room from Ikea that I used when DD was in our room.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We have a dimmer switch in LOs room, and I got a little LED flashlight with tripod legs for when I used to BF and change him in my bed at night. Out bedside lamps were too bright, but the little flashlight was perfect, once he was on my boob I would turn it off.
    I would highly recommend installing a dimmer switch in a baby room,it's so handy for bed time feeding and MOTN check-ins and changes.
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"