Dads & Dads-to-be

Quiet Monday - What was the best part of the weekend with your DW?

Its quiet...too quiet, so I thought I'd start a new thread....

Our weekend was busy, but we managed to carve out Sunday evening.  It was so very nice to hang out, watch TV and have some adult time with my wife.  And what did we watch?  The last half of "Any Given Sunday", which I have not seen.  I was pleased and highly recommend as many of these quiet moments as you can before the baby arrives.  It didn't hurt that the kids were exhausted from the first week of school.  I am sure they'll build up a tolerance, but we're taking advantage now.

Have a GREAT Monday!!

Simon

Re: Quiet Monday - What was the best part of the weekend with your DW?

• Well. Saturday my mother and her husband came up and cooked for me and my wife to help out with the newborn so we could nap. Then on Sunday some friends brought us bbq with all the fixins. They stayed awhile and visited. I'm getting used to the idea of not being able to have sex with my wife for 2 months. I keep telling her just cuz I can't have sex with one part doesn't mean we can't have sex with the other parts. But she ain't having it. It's only been ten days an it's killing me. Feels like a month.
  • In some cases it's longer than 2 months so don't think that date is set in stone. It could also be less if you're one of the lucky ones.

My weekend was spent feeding, changing, and holding babies. My wife did the same thing. I guess by default that was the best part of the weekend.

• Loading the player...
  • At the same time I can't WAIT to hold my baby as the best part of the weekend, but also know that it will BE the weekend for awhile. lol

I am pretending that the 2 month window isn't real...I know, denial, its not just a river.

My wife gets sick in the afternoon. Used to be 3pm, now its just after dinner or before bed, but lasts through bedtime. So if there's any play-time, its in the AM only. Not that its a bad way to wake up or anything. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"