Baby Names
Options

Julie

Stereotype a Julie for me.   describe what you would imagine her as a child, as a teenager/young adult, and an older lady. 
What are your opinions on the name?
Displaying _20140730_065450.JPG Z0EY
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Julie

• Options

Very outgoing and fun. It's a "younger" name for me, but I still think it would wear pretty well. I have very positive associations with it.

I also like Julia

• Options
    I have a negative association with Julie, as a drama llama who likes to be the center of attention.

I like Julia though -- a kind, poised girl who is both thoughtful and generous.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @HisGirlFriday929‌
    Isn't it crazy when that happens? We're having some difficulty with a boy name for much the same reason -- any of my positive associations are DH's negative associations. It's funny and sad and really exasperating
  • Options
    For any age, I picture a Julie as an average blonde woman who is very smiley.
  • Options
  • Options
    Every Julie I have ever known was blonde, petite, and upbeat. I have known 4 of them and all are about 28-45 years old now.

I see a young Julie as sweet and kind, outgoing, and I can't shake the blonde/light skinned association. Of course, it would just take meeting one Julie that is not those things to change my perception. I see Julia, Julianne, Julianna, etc. as very different than Julie. Julie, in my mind, feels very similar to Laura and Sarah. Soft and sweet. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    It's blah to me.
    The Julie I knew is also not super bright. Super into working out but also ate cotton balls thinking it would not only fill her up but absorb the fat.
    You will never know how much you mean to me my little jelly Bean.
    Mommy loves you Eevee! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    <a href="http://s834.photobucket.com/albums/zz270/cpali/?action=view
  • Options
    Confident, fun, smart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• Options
    Never met a Julie I didn't like!  Julie is confident and gregarious.  Julie doesn't have a problem standing up for herself but she is well liked because she is outgoing and kind.  Julie has her Sh*t together.  She's organized, calm, cool, and collected.  I imagine a blonde or red headed girl with fair colored eyes.
  • Options
    Julie is a great name!  Sweet, kind, light skinned with freckles, blue eyes... this is the image I have when I hear the name.  I love Julia even more and believe it ages better.  I don't have an image associated with the name Julia.
  • Options
    I think brown, mousey, boring. I like Julia though

• Options
    I've only known one Julie, my friends mother, so my first though is middle aged lady, but I still really like the name. I also love Julia, and my daughter is actually Juliette.

• Options
    all you who are loving on Julia, how do you pronounce it? Julie-a or Juhl-yah
  • Options
    I pronounce it Julie-a

• Options
    I think of my cousin Julie, who is a tall, gorgeous brunette. She a smart, super successful businesswoman.....I personally have not known a Julia.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Common to all of the 3 Julies that I've known... Kind, smart, reserved, pretty, confident.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I know a Julie...who is sooo funny and smart. but I also went to school with a Julie and she was a bitch.I also know a Julia who is a little trashy, but sweet. My daughter is Juliana, with NN Juli. I like it so much better without the e. Changes the name for me. BTW DD prefers Juli. She is kind, funny and has a ton of personality. Have you considered Jules?  Just a suggestion. 
  • Options
    I think Julie/Julia is classy. The only Julie I know is tall and brunette and attractive. I don't think I know any Julias.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Im a Julie. I know a few others. There is only one Julie I dont like. My natural hair color is dark blonde lol. Blue eyes. I like my name :)
  • Options
    So was I cheating to not tel ya'll that Julie is my name? my husband thinks its great of course and keeps sugesting Julia & Julian for potential LOs names. :0 anyway I've never liked it. Just seemed blah. Now if I read it or something  I can totally see it as a pretty name so it's kind of like I just have a mindset that my name is not cool lol. quote - a blonde quiet goody two shoe type of girl. - unquote I'd pretty much say I'm exactly OPPOSITE of that HAHA!!  and @ChelsiAnn13 I laughed so hard at that.... so thanks and I just wanted to know that I wasn't crazy thinking it was a blah name :)
  • Options
    I picture Clare Danes in The Family Stone. Classic, strong, pretty, wholesome, smart...
  • Options
    4N6s4N6s member
    I have two aunts named julie. Nothing alike.... Can't stereotype it for ya.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"