Third-Party Reproduction
Options

*Third-Party Reproduction Check-in* Aug 24

This weekly check-in is for anyone using/considering or who has used a 3rd party method of reproduction, including: Donor egg, donor sperm, embryo adoption, gestation carrier, or surrogate - also Donors, GC's and surrogates as well! If you don't check-in for 3 weeks you'll be removed from the list but we'll happily add you back next time you check in! NOTE: Board etiquette - please post BFPs separately from the check-in, with a warning in message title.

Check-In: How is it going? What are your next steps? How are you feeling?

QOTW: Where's the most random place you've ever had to take fertility meds?

Welcome

@sorrellam30 - E-EG - Welcome!!

@Thespis7 - DS - Welcome!!

((Hugs))

@marshmellowevening - D-EM - Big ((hugs)) about your ultrasound. Sending hope & strength <3

@Love4Labs826 - D-EM - ((Hugs)) for the poor biopsy results. Good luck figuring out your next steps.

New BFPs & Other Good News!

@2MamazinSeattle - D-EG/DS -  Baby Simone Louise was born on 8/21/14! Congratulations!!!

@Mrs.McIrish - D-EG - Twin girls! EDD 12/2/14! Congrats on V-day & keep resting up so those ribs heal!

In the TWW!

@chicagobride07 - D-EG - Transfer was Aug 11th, beta on Aug 23rd. Good luck!!!

Currently Cycling/Scheduled

@ceemonkey - DE/DS - Lupron/estrogen phase. Waiting for next lining check. Good luck!

@doodiebug18 - DS - DS IUI tentatively scheduled for Sept 1st.

@Lacyj67 - D-EG - Parenting foster son! Lupron phase for September FET

@mm29 - DS - Embryo banking with OE IVF #4-6. Grow, follies, grow!!

@refeek1 - D-EG - Estrogen phase for FET #2. Good luck with your next lining check!

Waiting to Cycle

@daydreamer34254 - D-EG - FX for a match soon & fixing uterine issues with Dr. KK.

@figuresk8r28 - D-EM - Welcome!

@JimBobCooter - D-EG - Matched & waiting for legal. Will cycle ASAP with tentative ER Sept 22nd.

@Km672 - D-EG/DS - Two frosties for FET after immunology tests.

@kushie77 - Officially pursuing foster-to-adopt path. GOOD LUCK!!

@Love4Labs826 - D-EM - Working on some lining issues before next transfer.

@sorrellam30 - E-EG - Starting the 1:3 shared program at SG. Good luck!

@sweetgoose - D-EG - Uterine polyp removed, cycling late Aug/early Sept!

@Thespis7 - DS - Deciding between IUI or IVF. Good luck!

@twinkie0612 - DS - Appt. with Dr. KK on Aug 14; follow up on Sept. 4; May cycle again with OE.

Pregnant!

@Skadil - IP-GC - EDD 8/25/14 - Saga Karina will be here soon!

@MrsT4 - D-EG; EDD 10/10/14! Boy!

@jalara48 - GC - Surrogate in India.  EDD 10/15/14! Team Green! Pumping phase of Lactation Protocol

@lincoln79 - IP-GC - EDD 11/7/14! 7 frosties on ice for future siblings :)

@Sammer 818 – IP-GC - EDD 11/23/14! Turkey-day baby BOY!

@Mrs.McIrish - D-EG - Twin girls! EDD 12/2/14! Congrats on V-day & keep resting up so those ribs heal!

@ksgsmu - D-EG - EDD 1/12/15 - TWINS!!!

@Jessarab - D-EG - EDD 2/6/2015

@BeckyP005 – D-EG - EDD 2/22/15 - I hope m/s eases up soon!

@DatingBettyBoop - IP-GC - EDD 2/17/2015 - Starting to make announcements!

@pmv81 - DS - EDD 3/12/15 - Singleton on board!

@marshmellowevening - D-EM - EDD 4/5/15

Parenting

@Brooklynesque – D-EG - Baby girl born 7/24/14! Congrats mama!!

@cc+mm - D-EG - Gracie Annabeth born on 8/5/14!

@DoublePortion - D-EM - Boy/Girl twins born on 6/30/14! Good luck with BFing!

@e74 - D-EM - Twin boys born in 2013 and are on the move! Hello crawling and cruising!

@JM1977 – D-EG/DS - 21-month-old DD from DE/DS & newborn boy as of 9/13!

@LittleLady77 – D-EG - Twins! - Born happy and healthy in April'14!

@Liz4Paws – D-EM - Samantha Lynn born on 7/22/14!

@2MamazinSeattle - D-EG/DS -  Baby Simone Louise was born happy & healthy on 8/21/14!!

TTC since March 2012
Dx: Unexplained IF, Arcuate Uterus, Minimal Endometriosis, Poor Embryo Quality
Tx History: 1 Injects+TI, 5 IUIs, 3 IVFs, 1 FET = all BFN and full of heartbreak
Plan: Waiting to see if our potential donor is a match for DE IVF #1

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Re: *Third-Party Reproduction Check-in* Aug 24

• Options
    Hi Girls, my apologies for the late check-in! I hope you don't mind, but depending on my schedule I am going to plan to do the weekly check-ins on Sunday with Monday as a back-up. This weekend was very busy, so that's why it went up today (Monday). 

Update: I had my Dr. KK appointment last week. She found blood flow issues to my uterus. Ironically, the blood flow to my ovaries is fine. We are waiting for the blood work to come back and then will follow up with Dr. KK on Sept 29th. What does this mean for our DEgg cycle? It means that we will wait. We need to get any issues with my uterus sorted out before we can do a transfer. We're still hoping to have a match (our potential donor is going in to repeat her baselines as soon as she gets her period... any day now), but it looks like we won't be cycling until October/November.

QOTW: I've had to 'shoot up' on more than one occasion during my school band concert. I'm a music teacher and I lead the students on stage through their band performance. Last year, after the Concert Band & Jazz Band finished performing, I excused myself to administer my stims for IVF #2. I was praying the whole time that no one would look for Mrs. Z!! 
    TTC since March 2012
    Dx: Unexplained IF, Arcuate Uterus, Minimal Endometriosis, Poor Embryo Quality
    Tx History: 1 Injects+TI, 5 IUIs, 3 IVFs, 1 FET = all BFN and full of heartbreak
    Plan: Waiting to see if our potential donor is a match for DE IVF #1

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
  • Options
    @daydreamer34254 I'm sorry to hear you have postpone your cycle, that's frustrating. I hope your doc gets more answers for you so you can do what you need to move forward sooner than later. Fingers crossed for you that you find out your potential donor is for sure a match. 

I'm always unsure about posting my pregnancy updates here because I don't want to come across as insensitive, I hope I am not. I am always thinking and praying for everyone here. 

Things are going well, I love the OBGYN I found and the staff is wonderful. I had blood work done a couple of weeks ago for Genetic testing and the results showed no red flags...and we found out we are having a baby girl! Our only preference was healthy baby, but I'm finding myself over the moon excited about a daughter. I'll be done with the first tri at the end of this week. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    e74e74 member
    @daydreamer34254‌ , sorry about your delayed cycle... Hoping things start progressing... Big hugs.. @Mrs.Mcirish, congrats on V-day!!
    DS#1 born 9/23/06 
    Twins DS#2 and 3 born at 31 weeks, 3 days due to a short cervix on 8/2/13.
  • Options
    @daydreamer34254 - sorry about the delay but I'm glad you discovered the blood flow issue. Hopefully you get that resolved soon!

@pmv81 - glad you found a great OB!

Update: I have my lining check ultrasound on Thursday and should get my transfer date this week too.

QOTW: A couple years ago when I was still trying with my OE I took a trigger shot in the parking lot of our MLB stadium. I was going to a game that night and got the call right as we were getting ready to go into the stadium. Thankfully I had anticipated maybe needing to do it so I had packed my meds!

SAIF Always Welcome
    TTC #1 since Fall 2008
    High FSH, Sertoli Cell Only Syndrome
    Unsuccessful with my OE, moving to DE + DS
    DE + DS IVF #1: Dec 2012 - BFP, nothing at first u/s 
    DE + DS IVF #2: 3/14/13 - c/p
    DE + DS IVF #3: 7/12/13 - BFP! Finally! No heartbeat at 7w1d.
    DE + DS IVF #4: 5/16/14 - BFN
    DE + DS IVF #5: 9/3/14 - BFP at 5.5dp5dt, Beta 1 @ 9dp5dt: 438; hb of 133 at 6w5d, no hb at 7w1d
    DE + DS IVF #6: 3/3/15 - BFN on HPTs through 7dp5dt, Beta 1 @ 8dp5dt: 19, Beta 2 @ 10dp5dt: 76, nothing at u/s

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky 
  • Options
    We're not really on the TPR track anymore (at least not for now), but a few people had asked about my immune testing, so I thought I would update. I've gotten the majority of my blood work is back and so far it doesn't look too bad. I have poor blood flow to my uterus (main artery, they couldn't check zone 3 because I was about a week past ovulation), the tech also mentioned I had poor blood flow to the corpus leutum on my left ovary. Dr. KK said my poor blood flow could definitely be causing our implantation issues.

My NK cell activation came back slightly high (already knew of this issue from testing with SIRM) at 18.5% when I believe that they want it under 15%. CD19 was high at 15.8% (I believe the cutoff is 12%) but I have read mixed things on if this is actually an issue. My TNFa (cytokine) came back high at 37.4 (normal is under 30.6), which cause inflammation. I also had a few things come back abnormal on my CBC, high white blood cells and high neutrophils, I've read that high neutrophils can be caused by many different issues from infection to stress to auto immune disease. They are also a sign of inflammation. I had one clotting disorder (Factor XIII) come back heterozygous mutated, but it doesn't look like this is much of an issue. So right now it looks like inflammation might be our big issue.

My follow up isn't until next week, but my guess is that Dr. KK will prescribe prednisone for the high TNFa and this might take care of the NK cell issue as well, if prednisone doens't get these issues under control, I imagine she will prescribe IVIG. She doesn't prescribe intralipids, but from what I understand intralipids can increase cytokine levels, so I might not be a good candidate for them anyway. I am 99.9% sure my insurance will deny IVIG, so hopefully the prednisone does the trick (If not IVIG is > $2,000 OOP per treatment, which can get pricey depending on how often you need it through pregnancy). I know she usually prescribes baby aspirin and possibly lovenox for blood flow issues, although it depends on if you have clotting issues as well. I am not sure if I can take aspirin, due to reactions I had from salicylic acid when I was younger (my face turned red and swelled up, not pretty), so I will have to see how that affects my treatment plan.

QOTW: I've been lucky and mostly took meds at home. The only other place I had to take meds was at work, my sister's house, and in our hotel room during our donor embryo cycle. I guess work was the strangest. I didn't want to shoot up in the bathroom since people could walk in, so I used a conference room. Unfortunately all of our conference rooms have large glass windows so I had to make sure my back was to the window. I'm sure if anyone walked by they wondered what I was doing in there.

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Options
    Check in: We had quite the scare today - our carrier ended up going to L&D because she wasn't feeling the baby move very much (that was what her text said). It turns out he was still moving around a decent amount, just not as much as normal. Of course, after the text saying she was going in, we didn't hear from her for almost 2 hours. I honestly thought I was going to vomit - I was so nervous. Thank goodness everything is ok.

QOTW: I had to take a shot in the bathroom of a restaurant once. It wouldn't have been so bad, but we hadn't told any of our friends that we were pregnant (I was on Lovenox during my pregnancies) and so I had to sneak away to do it. So weird. I was lucky enough to never have to take any fertility meds anywhere but home. 

TTC since April 2010
    BFP #1 – March 2011, missed m/c April 2011
    BFP #2 – October 2011, m/c November 2011
    Surprise BFP #3 – December 2011, diagnosed as cornual, terminated January 2012
    BFP #4 – June 2012, m/c July 2012
    Diagnosed with bicornuate ute and MTHR gene mutation
    BFP #5 – October 2012, missed m/c November 2012
    BFP #6 – January 2013, m/c March 2013
    No longer TTC. Diagnosis: Hostile ute. Heartbroken and bitter. Pursuing surrogacy.
    June 2013 - Carrier found! Could this really happen?!
    ~All AL always welcome~

• Options
    Congrats to 2mamaz!

Hugs to all those who need them.

******EAIF Update*******

We had our first baby shower this weekend. It was at the church where mh and i met when we were five and got married in, so it was very special! We got many nice pieces of clothing and a swing which we put together last night.
    We also got a cute rubber ducky set (parent and two babies) that our dog (a maltese) totally wants to run away with. 

Today is the first day of the new semester and it has been weird talking with my students about the upcoming maternity leave. 
    TTC #1 since 12/2010 DH: MFI, cancer survivor Me: Resected septate uterus, lap treated mild endo, tubes open, ovulate on own, autoimmune disease 3 Failed IUI's (2/2012, 4/2012, 6/2012) 
    IVF #1 August 2012. BFP! Beta #1 56.7 Beta #2 150 One baby, one heartbeat on 9/20/12! no h/b @7w6d. dandc @8w0d
    FET #1 December 2012, BFN
    FET #2 February 2013, no embies survived thaw
    IVF #2, BFP #2, Loss #2 March 2013, Scar tissue discovered, RPL testing,
    IVF #3, BFP #3, Loss #3 (twins) September 2013
    Hostile ute, moving onto Gestational Carrier!

GC/FET #1 of 1 5AA blast and 1 compacted blast, February 2014, BFP #4 on 3/1/2014!
    6w u/s 1 bean with h/b of 145 bpm, 8w u/s 187 bpm
    EDD 11/7/14. Please, please, please stick little one!

Praying unceasingly for a miracle. ALL welcome!

• Options
    Hi ladies! I'm so excited to be officially moving forward with DE! I still haven't heard a thing from my nurse so I'm just chugging along on bcp. QOTD-I had to do injections in my car while tailgating before a concert once. Fortunately it wasn't a butt shot so it wasn't so bad.

imageimageimageimage

*******siggy/ticker warning***** 

Me(31). DH (31)

DH SA normal count and motility, 1% morphology
    Me .72 AMH, Fragile X premutation carrier
    IVF #1 (6/12/13) BFN

IVF #2 (8/16/13) BFN

FET 10/4/13 Chemical

IVF #3 MC 5 weeks 5 days

IVF #4 DE 11/7 BFP, edd 7/28/15

All Welcome

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @marshmallowevening‌ keeping you and baby in my thoughts. Baby is a little fighter!

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Options
    Hi ladies! I go tomorrow to get my "game plan" I'm excited and ready to get everything started. I have all testing done and SD chosen. Wishing everyone a great week!!

Qotw: I teach so in between class changes! Ha!
  • Options
    @marshmallowevening‌ So glad to hear the good news! I hope all continues to progress well!
    @Mrs.McIrish finally feeling better! Yay and I can't believe it's already 26 weeks for you!
    Hugs @chicagobride_07‌
    Huge congrats to 2mamaz she's gorg!
    @BeckyP005‌ happy for you woman!!! Can't wait to hear what your having!
    Sorry about delay daydreamer and glad all is ok sammer... That's scary!

Afm: ready to get everything started. Only a few weeks now till transfer on sept 11th. Tomorrow is my first ultrasound in a while. And sucks cuz im already bleeding. This weekend was rough with that. I haven't had a real period since the miscarriage feb.
    Thurs is my bday and I also get to do my first estradiol shot yippie!
    Qotw: flashback to my first ivf ever with OE.... Trigger shot was at a wedding and it was in the middle of the country... Dirty and hot! We got it done though lol
    Me 34 and DH 39 married in aug. 2002
    Did 5 round of clomid 2010 =BFN
     High levels of NK CELLS DX sept.2012 DOR:# 0.02 
    IVF #1 May 2012  ER 4, EF 2, ET 2 =BFN
    MINI IVF Oct.2012  Cancelled 10-27-12
    Ivf #3 Antagonist Protocol April 2013
    Shared cycle..Donor cycled in July Got 12 eggs 9 fertilized and 8 frozen!!
    DE FET #1 Sept. 3rd 2013 FIRST BFP EVER 5dp5dt
    miscarried Sept 24th at 5 weeks 5 days
    Etopic  D&C and hysterscopy Nov 5 2013
    dx with pre genetic blood clotting dec 2013
    FET #2 Jan 31st  2014 
    Miscarried for a second time again at 5 weeks 5 days
    Currently fostering to adopt an amazing little 1 year old boy..P.J!
    FET#3  is Oct 29th 2014
    BFN on fet #3
    Last and FINAL FET coming JAN 28th 2015
    Everyone Welcome

• Options
    @daydreamer34254  I'm sorry your cycle is delayed but I'm glad Dr. KK is working to figure out the issue.

@pmv81  YAY!  Little girls are so sweet.  I'm glad the testing came back clear!

@ceemonkey  Good luck with your lining check.

@Twinkie0612  That's a lot of information you've got there!  I'm so glad you are getting some answers though.  Good luck with your follow up, I'd like to know how it goes!

@BeckyP005  Glad you finally got to hear a HB!

@Km672  Sounds like transferring 1 might be a better idea if you do have an immune response to the embie.  I hope this transfer does the trick and then you'll still have 1 embie too!

@sammer818  I'm so glad everything is okay!  So scary!  It's great to know that she is being really cautious though.

@lincoln79  Sounds like you had a really special and wonderful shower!

@sorrellam30  I hope you hear from your nurse soon!

@Mrs.McIrish  I'm so glad you're feeling so much better!

@marshmallowevening  Sounds like you've got a fighter in there.  FET are slower and maybe you just have a slow starter.  Hang in there!

@Lacyj67  I'm sorry you're off to a tough start but I hope your u/s looks good and you can push forward.

AFM:  I'm still waiting to hear back from Dr. Duffy.  I'm so scared we are at the end.  I am really hoping that we can go back to Vivelle and my lining will develop.  I'm just fearing that this might confirm that the radiation did too much damage to my ute.  I don't know what we will do from here.  DH doesn't want to talk about anything so I'm having a hard time staying positive.

QOTW:  I know I've had to do one shot outside of our house but I can't even remember where now.  It obviously wasn't too bad lol
    TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
    Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
    DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
    Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
    January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
    February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
    March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
    July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
    Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
    New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
    January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
    April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
    DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
    July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
    7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
    7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
    7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    I forgot to answer the QOTW

St. Louis Airport restroom at baggage claim while my two students (we had all been to a conference) were waiting for me.
    Ugh.

TTC #1 since 12/2010 DH: MFI, cancer survivor Me: Resected septate uterus, lap treated mild endo, tubes open, ovulate on own, autoimmune disease 3 Failed IUI's (2/2012, 4/2012, 6/2012) 
    IVF #1 August 2012. BFP! Beta #1 56.7 Beta #2 150 One baby, one heartbeat on 9/20/12! no h/b @7w6d. dandc @8w0d
    FET #1 December 2012, BFN
    FET #2 February 2013, no embies survived thaw
    IVF #2, BFP #2, Loss #2 March 2013, Scar tissue discovered, RPL testing,
    IVF #3, BFP #3, Loss #3 (twins) September 2013
    Hostile ute, moving onto Gestational Carrier!

GC/FET #1 of 1 5AA blast and 1 compacted blast, February 2014, BFP #4 on 3/1/2014!
    6w u/s 1 bean with h/b of 145 bpm, 8w u/s 187 bpm
    EDD 11/7/14. Please, please, please stick little one!

Praying unceasingly for a miracle. ALL welcome!

• Options

Hello everyone,

Still on for September 5th transfer.  I have my 2nd lining check on Thursday and should start PIO then. 

I've been lucky and been able to give myself all my shots at home!

TTC #1 since May 2010

OE IVF #1  9/2/13 Cancelled- poor response

DE IVF #1 3/12/14- BFP 3/17/14- ectopic, right tube removed 4/11/14 @ 7 weeks

DE FET #1 7/3/14-Transferred 2 5AA 6 day embryos Beta 7/13/14 BFN

DE FET #2 9/5/14-Transferred 2 4BB 5 day embryos Beta 9/15/14 BFN

DE FET #3 in December- Cancelled, didn't respond to meds

DE FET #3 (2nd try) 2/13/15- Transferred 1 4BB and 1 4BA 5 day embryos Beta 2/23/15  BFN again (CP)

DE FET #4 - last 2 frosties....5/22/15- Transferred 1 4BA embryo...only one frostie thawed properly.  Beta scheduled for 6/1-  BFN (beta 2, 2.81, 6, 23, 49.4) 6/15/15 Discovered ectopic in left tube.  Methotrexate given. Moving on to a new donor. Hoping to transfer by the end of the year.

Cant find a donor that is healthy and available.  Looking at being happy with just the two of us.

• Options
    mm29mm29 member
    edited September 2014
    Update:  I'm stimming for OE/DS cycle. Things are treading along slowly. I have one follicle in the running, yesterday it was at 13 mm.  I go back in tomorrow for another follicle scan. I can only guess retrieval will be either this weekend or early next week.  

QOTW:  Mine is similar to KM's.  While at work in the staff bathroom, luckily our bathroom was not near the main nurses station!!   
    ::: Married June 2003:::
    TTC #1 since: Aug. 2008
    Me: 34, DOR, MTHFR-A1298C (heterozygous), decreased blood flow to uterus, Mild Endo
    DH: 38, Balanced translocation 5&10, unexplained MFI, normal SA and SCSA
    Tx History: IUI 1&2= BFN
    IVF# 1 W/ICSI= BFN
    IVF# 2: cancelled d/t no response
    IVF# 3= 1 egg retrieved=immature/not viable
    IVF# 4= c/p
    ***CCRM ODWU***
    Found DHs BT and Me-decreased blood flow to uterus
    Recommended DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. Decided to cycle locally
    ***New RE***
    DE IVF# 1(cycle #6) w/pgd, (freeze all): 30R, 23M, 15F, slow/poor embryo development, 4 biopsied, 1 Normal "Norm"; DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. 
    IVF# 6: (OE/DS) cancelled
    IVF# 7: (OE/DS) 1R, 1M, 1F, arrested day 5
    Plan-DE IVF# 2 (cycle #8): DE/DS in May 2015

http://icanhazbabyz.blogspot.com/
    imageimage image 
  • Options
    Yet another BFN for me, this time with the new donor. My RE is baffled as I respond to medications well, have textbook lining each time, etc. Not sure what to do at this point. I am getting a mammogram and pap this month. I was thinking about further testing before another FET, but what? We have some good reproductive immunologists here in Chicago (dr. KK, etc.). However, I have had extensive hematological and basic immune testing before. I can't imagine I have a major problem as I've had success with DE before. Also, at this point I couldn't shell out thousands for IVIG treatments anyway. Maybe there could be a more simple fix? What to do? What do you ladies think? I am actually pretty down and out with the process now.

DOR and AMA
    2/12-5/12: 4 IUI cycles = all BFN;
    7/12: DE IVF # 1 (with ICSI)- 20R, 16M, 14F, 5DT of 2 blasts; 6 frosties = BFN;
    Lupus anticoagulant initially high, then found to be normal on hematology consult;
    Follow up testing in September all clear;
    Started synthroid for "high normal" TSH;
    FET # 1- late October 2012- BFP on FRER; beta # 1- 21(low), beta # 2- 48 (still low), beta # 3- 132, beta # 4- 1,293; beta # 5- 5,606; last beta- over 100,000. First u/s 11/21- heard heartbeat
    12/12- Officially an OB patient!
    Level 2 ultrasound at 20 weeks shows vasa previa and VCI
    Referral to MFM and mandatory c section for delivery
    Beautiful baby girl born at 34 weeks
    Finally home after 15 day NICU stay!
    Trying for sibling: FET # 2- May 2014; beta 5/31, BFN
    FET #3, early July 2014; beta 7/14, BFN
    DE IVF # 2- August 2014; 14R, 13M, 11F, 5dt of 2 blasts (3 AA), 5 frosties = BFN
    FET #4- December 2014, yet another BFN

Dr. KK work up shows borderline uterine blood flow, elevated NK cells, and MTHFR mutation (homozygous for c677t)

Added baby aspirin, prednisone, supplements, Metanx, and intralipids

Switched to large clinic for final attempt; had endometrial receptivity testing in January; FET March 2015 = yet another BFN

Likely OAD- NBC

• Options
    e74e74 member
    Forgot to answer QOTW: At my boss' retirement dinner in a bathroom that did not lock with my back to the door keeping it shut...
    DS#1 born 9/23/06 
  • Options
    e74e74 member
    @chicagobride_07‌ , I can't see your siggy right now... Have you had your thyroid checked or maybe checked for polyps? Good luck... And big hugs!!
    DS#1 born 9/23/06 
  • Options
    Thanks e74. Yes, my thyroid testing came back normal.

DOR and AMA
    2/12-5/12: 4 IUI cycles = all BFN;
    7/12: DE IVF # 1 (with ICSI)- 20R, 16M, 14F, 5DT of 2 blasts; 6 frosties = BFN;
    Lupus anticoagulant initially high, then found to be normal on hematology consult;
    Follow up testing in September all clear;
    Started synthroid for "high normal" TSH;
    FET # 1- late October 2012- BFP on FRER; beta # 1- 21(low), beta # 2- 48 (still low), beta # 3- 132, beta # 4- 1,293; beta # 5- 5,606; last beta- over 100,000. First u/s 11/21- heard heartbeat
    12/12- Officially an OB patient!
    Level 2 ultrasound at 20 weeks shows vasa previa and VCI
    Referral to MFM and mandatory c section for delivery
    Beautiful baby girl born at 34 weeks
    Finally home after 15 day NICU stay!
    Trying for sibling: FET # 2- May 2014; beta 5/31, BFN
    FET #3, early July 2014; beta 7/14, BFN
    DE IVF # 2- August 2014; 14R, 13M, 11F, 5dt of 2 blasts (3 AA), 5 frosties = BFN
    FET #4- December 2014, yet another BFN

Dr. KK work up shows borderline uterine blood flow, elevated NK cells, and MTHFR mutation (homozygous for c677t)

Added baby aspirin, prednisone, supplements, Metanx, and intralipids

Switched to large clinic for final attempt; had endometrial receptivity testing in January; FET March 2015 = yet another BFN

Likely OAD- NBC

• Options
    @chicagobridge_07  My sister has three children now.  It took her 8 years to have the first d/t multiple miscarriages.  They found out she had anti-phospholipids.  Baby aspirin and she was good to go.  With her second pregnancy, she tested negative for it but tested positive for a metabolic imbalance and was put on Metformin.  Her third pregnancy was a complete surprise and tested negative for everything and was on no meds.

I only tell you this because I think if you'd had all your testing done before your first, it may be irrelevant.  Things can completely change when trying for another and I think it would be worth it to do some re-testing to confirm things are ruled out again.  It sucks but in the end it might get you another positive :)
    TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
    Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
    DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
    Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
    January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
    February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
    March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
    July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
    Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
    New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
    January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
    April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
    DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
    July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
    7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
    7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
    7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    Looks like we'll be doing our very first DS IUI on Sunday! I am very excited but also afraid it won't work, so I'm trying to not get my hopes up.

I was only on Clomid and took it before bed
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since May 2011-Me 26 DH 24
    BFP 7.01.2011 c/p @ 4wks3.2012 Metformin 500mg for irregular cycles
  • Options

Hugs to everyone – whether you need it or not, because I think you are all awesome!

Things are moving along.  Fifteen weeks.  I sent an email out to some friends last week – mentioned that I was using a GC.  As one of my friends said “well that’s what all the power couples do now”  Told my boss & some co-workers last week.  They were all very excited.  Think they may even throw me a shower, which I wasn’t expecting.  Even found out that another co-worker used a GC (I believe they went to go bring their child home this week).  I’ve been pretty open about using a GC & DE.  Again, everyone has been very supportive.

Put a deposit down for daycare already – CRAZY!!!  There is a six month minimum waitlist in Seattle.  Can’t believe I have to deal with this right now, but if I want them to have care when I go back to work, it has to be done.

The little bugger gave a good kick to our GC last Wednesday.  Must have like lunch (pasta).

On a scarier note, our GC, along with her two kids, had a car accident earlier this week.  Everyone was ok, but car is totaled & the driver of the other vehicle (who was at fault with no license or insurance) went to the ER.  Our GC feels they were high.  She did go to the ER & her doctor to get checked out & it looks like no issue for the LO.  Heart rate was 154 (it had been 166 at 12 weeks, so normal).  Scared us big time, but trying to stay positive.

• Options
    @datingbettyboop‌ glad your GC and her kids are ok! How scary.

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"