Breastfeeding
Options

What a waste!

Have you seen the video where Olivia Wilde dumps BM on herself for the ALS challenge? https://www.ibtimes.com/olivia-wilde-als-ice-bucket-challenge-star-pours-breast-milk-her-head-video-1667620  I like that she is BF and bringing awareness, but I cringed when I thought of all the babies that could have used the BM if it was real.  It looked like almost a gallon!

**DD1 - 7/9/98**

**DS - 11/9/00**

**DD2 - 4/30/13**

Re: What a waste!

• Options
    That's ridiculous, how does she not have water???
  • Options
    That's ridiculous if it was breastmilk.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The whole ice bucket challenge is stupid IMO. Donate to ALS research if you want to, but dumping ice water on your head is a waste of resources and doesn't help ALS research in the slightest. A lot of people don't even know that part of the challenge is that you are supposed to donate $10 as well as dumping or $100 if you'd rather not dump. I'm so frustrated by the whole thing (clearly :) )
    Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The whole ice bucket challenge is stupid IMO. Donate to ALS research if you want to, but dumping ice water on your head is a waste of resources and doesn't help ALS research in the slightest. A lot of people don't even know that part of the challenge is that you are supposed to donate $10 as well as dumping or $100 if you'd rather not dump. I'm so frustrated by the whole thing (clearly :) )

What it has done is raise awareness which is just as, if not more important than the donations. You make people aware, the donations will (and have- greatly!) followed. A little gimmicky yea but it has worked.

Pregnancy Ticker

imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"