February 2013 Moms

Anyone here taken Femara?

This is my first cycle and I was told that I would most likely ovulate on day 15-16. I'm on CD 16. Nothing. No CM that is indicative of ovulation, temps are still low, no positive OPKs. I was dx-ed with anovulatory cycles and in previous months have had LH surges really late, like day 23. I was hoping Femara would actually produce some good follies and I would 1. Ovulate and 2. Ovulate early enough to have a cycle that isn't 35+ days. Bleh. I'm so annoyed with TTC. Just curious.

View Full Size Image
BFP- 5/23/12 EDD- 1/23/13 DS born 2/2/13

Baby BOY #2 coming in May!

Re: Anyone here taken Femara?

• edited August 2014
    I should clarify that in previous months it's believed I would have an lh surge and then never actually follow through with ovulation.

View Full Size Image

• I've heard that "regular" ovulation signs such as the ones you mentioned can be unreliable when you're taking fertility meds. From my experience on Clomid, my temps did accurately show ovulation (CM was never a good indicator for me), but apparently that is not the case with everyone.

Are they monitoring you? Most reproductive endocrinologists will start ultrasounds around CD 11 to check for maturing follies. Mine only did an ultrasound on CD 15 (I think) to check if ovulation had occurred. Ultrasounds and correctly timed blood work are really the only way to confirm ovulation during a medicated cycle since other signs can be inaccurate.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Loading the player...
  • I never took Femara, but take Clomid. Clomid at least makes my cycles go from long to longer... I think my cycle last month was 39 days (and I did not O at all). 

I feel your pain. Baby drugs suck. If I don't get KU this month I start the process for IUI. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't have any advice but I do sympathize on your long cylces... mine are anywhere from 33 to 45 days. I just recently started charting so I have no idea if I am ovulating or not but I wanted to say good luck.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @wells2010 I'm so sorry to hear that. I hate TTGP. It makes me absolutely crazy. I've got my fingers crossed for you and a BFP this month. I know the plan for us is to try Femara for a few months and then probably move to IUI. :( I really hope to hear good news from you and see you on a new BMB with me sometime soon!

@draeray I've got my fingers crossed for you, too! Long cycles are the worst. I just want to get them over with so I can start trying the next cycle, you know?

View Full Size Image

• kleigh926 said:

I've heard that "regular" ovulation signs such as the ones you mentioned can be unreliable when you're taking fertility meds. From my experience on Clomid, my temps did accurately show ovulation (CM was never a good indicator for me), but apparently that is not the case with everyone.

Are they monitoring you? Most reproductive endocrinologists will start ultrasounds around CD 11 to check for maturing follies. Mine only did an ultrasound on CD 15 (I think) to check if ovulation had occurred. Ultrasounds and correctly timed blood work are really the only way to confirm ovulation during a medicated cycle since other signs can be inaccurate.

So I finally got a positive opk on day 18. My temps match up with this, too, as does my CM. I go in for bloodwork on Tuesday. Assuming this cycle fails, which is really the only safe way to assume, then I'm ditching my doctor and have an RE appointment on September 15th. Which is perfect, because I should be starting my next cycle right before and I'll be able to be monitored more closely. I definitely knew I was taking a gamble in taking fertility drugs from an OBGYN, and I hated the way it felt the whole cycle. I knew I should have been monitored more closely than just bloodwork. Hopefully the RE switch will be smooth and I'll be able to get better information from them. I've attached my chart, but again, not getting hopes up.

View Full Size Image

• Why are your temps the last three days discarded? If it weren't for that, it would look pretty good. The next 2-3 days will tell whether your temps stay elevated, but based on the temps you entered and not knowing the reason you discarded them, I think you probably O'd. And, um, kudos to you for BD 5 days in a row! 
    Good luck

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• kelly321 said:
    Why are your temps the last three days discarded? If it weren't for that, it would look pretty good. The next 2-3 days will tell whether your temps stay elevated, but based on the temps you entered and not knowing the reason you discarded them, I think you probably O'd. And, um, kudos to you for BD 5 days in a row! 
    Good luck

Stuck in the box!

I've woken up more than an hour apart on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday morning. I'm an insomniac and wake up at crazy different times, so that's why they're open circles. My temp rose another two tenths this morning.

View Full Size Image

• Good luck @TarheelMama202‌ !
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• kelly321 said:
    Why are your temps the last three days discarded? If it weren't for that, it would look pretty good. The next 2-3 days will tell whether your temps stay elevated, but based on the temps you entered and not knowing the reason you discarded them, I think you probably O'd. And, um, kudos to you for BD 5 days in a row! 
    Good luck

Stuck in the box!

I've woken up more than an hour apart on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday morning. I'm an insomniac and wake up at crazy different times, so that's why they're open circles. My temp rose another two tenths this morning.
    For me, the time I temp is absolutely essential. I could have been up 5+ times in the night with a DD, but as long as I temp at the same time, they're consistent and easy to read with a great shift. Even if I'm STTN, though, if my temping is 30 min off, my temp is higher/lower accordingly. Since on my work days I have to get up at 5:15 am, even on my off days I have to have my alarm go off then so I can temp. Blah.

But for some people, the amount of sleep they get before temping (i.e. at least 3 hours straight) is much more important than the time. Have you temped enough in the past to know which is best for you? The consistent sleep or the consistent time?

At any rate, it's good news that your temp rose again this morning, I'd say it looks like you O'd :) Good luck!!

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Good luck!! For DD, I O'd on day 18 (+OPK and temp). I went in for day 21 bloodwork... progesterone ended up being 4... not good at all. On my day 30 f/u, I told OB about my squinter... he said it was probably a chemical pregnancy or something since it was so faint. I'm guessing it was so faint because it was super early since my daughter is here and is now a crazy 18 month old. 

Good luck this month and with your RE. They manage everything much better with more frequent ultrasounds and bloodwork. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"