Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Spotting continued after my period, should I be worried?

I had my first period after being on depo provera for 2 years this past August 15th. I had my last shot on January 17th and never went to get the next one. It was a normal/heavy period, but nothing unusual. It lasted until the 21st and turned to spotting which was normal. But it is now the 24th and im still spotting light red, sometimes brown and sometimes a little more bright red. I'm also cramping in my stomach and in my back. I haven't had sex since August 13th. But I do want to try to conceive. It says if im on a normal cycle, my fertile window is now until the 30th of August. Am I okay? Is this normal? Could I still conceive?

Re: Spotting continued after my period, should I be worried?

• Options
    Thank you. I've got both. And will continue to test for ovulation. I just wasn't sure and couldn't find information on if this was bad. Because say I ovulate on the 28th like predicted, but im still spotting and cramping. Is that something to be concerned about? Or perfectly okay?
  • Options
    I really appreciate you taking out the time to comment. Thank you again.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wasn't sure, just like how they say you can't conceive when you're on your period...I didn't know if this spotting was my period lingering and I wouldn't be likely to conceive. This is my first time really considering all of these things so please bare with me. Last time I ttc, I went in old fashioned and failed for a whole year. So this is all brand new to me. But thank you for your comment...and I'll just stick to BD every other day and OPK and temping. Seems like the only logical way to go about it.
  • Options
    Hi! Your phone app doesn't know when you're going to ovulate. And, although it's an average to ovulate around cycle day 14, that's just an average. You could ovulate way earlier or later than that. And the length of time that you bleed or spot has nothing to do with your fertility or when you ovulate. In fact, you could bleed until day 7, have sex on day 7, ovulate on day 10 and still get pregnant. If you want to know how your cycles work, read a book called Taking Charge of Your Fertility.
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• Options
    Thank you ladies for having patience with me. That's makes complete sense. I'm going to look into that book.
  • Options
    gscovillegscoville member
    edited August 2014
    Hi! Your phone app doesn't know when you're going to ovulate. And, although it's an average to ovulate around cycle day 14, that's just an average. You could ovulate way earlier or later than that. And the length of time that you bleed or spot has nothing to do with your fertility or when you ovulate. In fact, you could bleed until day 7, have sex on day 7, ovulate on day 10 and still get pregnant. If you want to know how your cycles work, read a book called Taking Charge of Your Fertility.
    All of this.  And to add to it, a fertilized egg doesn't implant until 7-10 days or more after ovulation, so the spotting you might have a week or more before possible implantation will have no impact whatsoever on whether or not you can get pregnant.  Spotting is very common and nothing to worry about, especially since you're just on your first real cycle post-BC.  Cycle wonkiness is pretty normal for up to many months after you come off of BC, and as PPs have said your best bet to figure out what your body is up to is to get an account with FF, do their free tutorials, and start temping/charting.

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Options
    I spotted for a couple of weeks after my next depo would have been due. It's just your body trying to regulate.
    Anniversary

• Options
    Thank you guys. I spotted then too, but that was 4 months ago. I continued spotting and cramping and yesterday the spotting became more like a light flow and this morning I (sorry tmi) woke up to my bottoms kind of full of blood. I felt it come out and wasn't sure if it was just some discharge, but low and behold...it was blood. I now have a tampon in. I thought I was going to ovulate this week but instead AF is here. I just finished...or thought I finished...AF 5 days ago. This is so discouraging.
  • Options
    Okay thank you. I read through and didn't really see anything about my current situation but it did help. I'd been taking roughly 1200 mg of folic acid while trying to conceive so apparently that causes excessive bleeding and I should stop..Idk.
  • Options
    My period is generally pretty normal. But the past few years it has always been weird for a month or two after my yearly trip back east. Last month it was barely there for a week. Now I'm on my second week of a period. Last week it was super heavy. Now it's more normal. Who the hell knows?!? Periods are effed up things. Try not to worry and gl!
    Married to DH (aka the love of my life) since June 17th, 2006

• Options
    That eased my mind! I was feeling a little crazy lol but thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"