June 2013 Moms
Options

Grinding teeth?

N finally had two top teeth break through, so now she has two on top and two on bottom. Her new thing is to grind them. It makes a terrible noise and I know must be so bad for them. Anyone gone through that? Do they stop it on their own eventually? What kind I do to make her stop, beyond telling her to stop when I see her do it?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Grinding teeth?

• Options
    They will stop on their own. I still told Jameson no when he did it, but it's a new feeling to them. Once it's not such a new feeling the horrible noise will stop :)

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
    BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    O grinds his teeth (all 16).  I usually just offer him a teething toy or something else to chew on.  He tends to do it more when he's bored or not interesting in what he's playing with anymore.  I'll be following for suggestions!

image      image    

IVF #1 September 2012, beta #1: 213; beta #2: 580. Expecting Twins! 
    EDD 6/9 lost one angel at 9w3d :( 
    Baby boy arrived 6/1/13
    FET #1 10/14, BFP -Chemical Pregnancy :(
    Everyone Welcome

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I asked DS's doctor about it because the sound made me nauseous and she assured me he's just doing it because the noise it makes stimulates him. He stopped eventually, then started up again, then stopped again.
    image DD and I. DD: 6/22/2008. DS: 6/22/2013
  • Options
    DD did this when she got her top two teeth, she stopped on her own after about a week.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    LO did it occasionally for a couple of months. He has recently stopped. I cringe as I recall that noise.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"