August 2012 Moms
Options

@KEfam5 - road trip update?

How did it go? Any tips for the rest of us on what worked with the kiddos? Was your MIL tolerable?
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: @KEfam5 - road trip update?

• Options
    It went fairly well. The trip back was two 8 hour days of driving. I was expecting the worst and was pleasantly surprised when I didn't end up throttling her! She sat up front with me the first day then my SIL sat up front the second. I kind of think she did that so she wouldn't have to try to make conversation anymore. On the way to California we planned to stop in Vegas for the night. About 80 miles out we overheated and had to drive the rest of the way with the windows down and heater blasting. It was 107 degrees. We had to stop at a Family Dollar to let the car cool off for a second time. This particular Family Dollar came complete with cockroaches crawling on the floor so we left but to top off a terrible end to that day of driving I forgot my phone there and was without it for two weeks. Thankfully, my hubby was able to call the place we stopped at and have it shipped which was a miracle. I was devastated that I had lost my phone because it had six years worth of pictures on it that weren't backed up anywhere. The time between the beginning of the trip and the end was pretty uneventful. I got to go on a date with DH. Got to see some extended family. Got to leave the kids with my mom and go do things!
       Tips: Bring lots of snacks.
     Bring LOs favorite movies.
    Stop at sit down restaurants to eat; it is worth it to let everyone get out of the car and stretch their legs.
    8 hours was the max for us. Both kids traveled really well but they were most definitely tired of being in the car by the 8 hour mark.
    Don't let your car overheat.
    Did I leave anything out?

• Options
    Oh my gosh, I am SO SORRY about your phone. I'm going to back mine up today!

Glad to hear the kids behaved so well. That's pretty impressive!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"