Multiples
Options

When to set up cribs

I am 23 weeks now... our cribs were delivered yesterday. I am not a typically superstitious person, nor am I usually overly cautious..... but I don't know if I should go ahead and set the cribs up or not. What are you all's two cents?
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Re: When to set up cribs

• Options
    Wondering myself when is the best time to get everything set up...
  • Options
    Do it! I think ours were set up by 26 or 27 weeks.
    ---------------Siggy Warning--------------------

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    Me: 32, DH: 34  / TTC since February 2011 / SA: all normal, HSG: all clear! / on Lovenox for anticardiolipid antibodies
    4 IUIs with Clomid, Letrozole, and Menopur. All BFN.
    9/12: lap / hysteroscopy: found and removed mild endometriosis, cervical polyp, and 2 para-tubular cysts
    5/13 IVF #1: Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix, 10R/4M/4F, ET of 2, 5 cell and 4 cell, no frosties = BFN
    12/13 IVF #2 = November / December 2013. Microdose Lupron Protocol: 15R/6M/6F, Froze all 6 due to high E2 and P4
    FET 1: Jan 22, 2014 of one 4AB blast and one 3BB blast (3 blasts on ice!)
    BFP on HPT 4dp5dt, Beta #1 9dp5dt: 310, Beta #2 11dp5dt: 899
    First u/s on 2/17/14: TWINS!!!!! both w/HBs of 114 at 6w3d, HBs 150 and 152 at 7w5d

5/27/2014: Team purple!!!!  EDD 10/10/2014 / 
    Delivered by c-section at 32w0d 8/15/2014 due to preeclampsia/HELLP syndrome
    Baby Boy 4lbs 1oz, 17 inches
    Baby Girl 3lbs 5oz, 16 inches

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We set ours up around 26 weeks.
  • Options
    We actually got,two mini cribs ..... They will be set up in our room at first. The nursery is currently being used as a guest room and I am going to try and keep it that way for a while so if/when people want to come and help they have a place to sleep. :) After a few months we will relocate the cribs to the nursery and be all on our own.
  • Options
    We can't set up their room until I'm around 33 weeks because we have a small house and had to order a sleeper sofa for the lving room that won't come in until then. DH is sleepng in the room where the nursery will be bc I'm uncomfortable and he won't get any sleep with me in the same bed. I'm not stressing about the nursery bc as others have said, the babies will prob sleep in bassinets for a while anyway...

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• Options
    I am 26w tomorrow and have been on DH to move the bed out and get the room painted. I feel like I can't do anything (wash clothes, CDs, etc) until we make some space in that room. Although the babies will be in bassinets at first I just like to get things done.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

• Options
    We had ours done around 28 weeks but they just started sleeping in them at 5 months old. So I'd say no rush... But I did love having their nursery set up early and just going in there to enjoy the cuteness and having a place to put things away.

IVF #1 Sep '11 - canceled poor response

IVF #2 Nov '11  8R/8M/4F 3dt x2 - chemical

IVF #3 April '12  11R/6M/4F 3dt x2 - m/c

FET #1 Aug 2012  3dt x2 - BFN

**new RE**

IVF #4 Jan '13 BFN 11R/6M/6F 5dt x2 - BFN

IVF #5 July '13 16R/10M/10F 5dt x2 + 1 frostie

9dp5dt Beta 1 = 344!! 16dp5dt. Beta 2 = 4822 7wk u/s= 2 heartbeats!

Twin girls! 3/6/14

• Options
    I left everything in boxes until 32w. I don't think of myself as superstitious, but I suppose I am. We may have set up cribs while they were in the NICU, I don't remember. If I had made it far enough that NICU time wasn't a given, I may have had H do it then.

• Options
    All the basics where in place by 26 weeks and everything was complete by 28. Bed rest doesn't discriminate and tons on MoMs end up with babies in cribs fairly quickly. I vote do it.

imageimageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We did ours at 24 weeks even though I was nervous about it. I'm glad we did b/c it gets harder and harder to do things. It was nice to have them up b/c we ended up rearranging from what we originally thought. Also I used them to store stuff as we got the rest of the nursery together.
    Me - 35. DH - 40. TTC #1 since 9/2010. 
    IUI #1-2 BFN
    IUI #3 BFP = C/P
    IUI #4-6 BFNs
    IVF #1 Lupron and Gonal F: 29R 29M 28F
    2 blastocysts transferred 12/14/13
    Beta at 9dp5dt = 285; Beta at 12dp5dt = 925
    It's twins! EDD 9/2/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I set up ours around 28 weeks. I knew the girls wouldn't be in cribs until 3 months or so, but I didn't want to have boxes and clutter in their room.

Ella - 10/19/10
    Julia and Aubrey - 4/3/14

• Options
    **Loss mentioned**

We set up the first crib around 30 weeks and the second one a few days ago around 32 weeks (had to order it) but we were probably overly cautious as we have had loss before. We lost the first child we tried to adopt at the last minute and having the room all set up was not a good experience so we are doing things as late as we think we can get away with. I say go for it though unless you have a reason not to, doing things this late is definitely more difficult than it would have been 8-10 weeks ago!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    In general, I wouldn't do it until last minute, just to be on the cautious side but with multiples, we let that all go.  We have set up the nursery, which is beside our room, and has their changing table, books, baby toys and a small shelf.  It's about done now and I'm 31+5. The cosleeper is still in a box, though.  Carseats are bought and in boxes and we'll be installing those at the local fire station (safe seat check place) this week.  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We set them up around 30 weeks.  I had the babes at 34 weeks, and they came home at 35 weeks. Although we used the cribs right away, it would have been fine to wait until the last minute if you are truly superstitious.  They took 20 minutes to put together and you can always use the RnP for the first few nights if necessary.

D & L are here at 34 weeks 4 days by vaginal and breech delivery on 11/19/2013
    Two healthy boys weighing 4 lbs 15 ozs and 4 lbs 5 ozs.  Only 6 days in the NICU and getting bigger, stronger and cuter every day! 
  • Options
    diz1313 said:
    We actually got,two mini cribs ..... They will be set up in our room at first. The nursery is currently being used as a guest room and I am going to try and keep it that way for a while so if/when people want to come and help they have a place to sleep. :) After a few months we will relocate the cribs to the nursery and be all on our own.
    We have mini cribs too. Just some advice - it was good to not have them in our room because my mom took over the night time while she visited. I guess whoever covers the nights can sleep in the room with the cribs though.

Set them up asap - you aren't going to get MORE agile. I had mine sleeping in their cribs by 2 weeks old. And in a twin pnp in the living room with whoever was doing the night shift before that. 
    ********************************************************************************************
    Married my best friend, June 8, 2008

5/17/13 BFP!!! 6/6/13 - OMG its TWINS!

Josie and Lexie were born on January 4, 2014 at 37w2d
    Josie was 5lbs2oz, Lexie was 4lbs15oz 
    Both had a 9 APGAR score with no NICU time
    Planned unscheduled C-Section due to both being breech
    We all went home on Jan 6th, 2 days after surgery

My popular blog posts:

imageimage

imageimage
  • Options
    Babies are 2 1/2 months and we haven't set them up yet. Lol. We are still using bassinets and rock n plays in our bedroom, which we had planned on doing. Once they're ready to transition to cribs we'll set them up then.

Baby Boy #1 born 1/15/2010

Babies #2 & #3 arriving Spring 2014 (EDD June 18)

• Options

I would get them done ASAP.  There's no telling if you might go early and even if you don't, you are only going to get bigger and more easily tired.  Plus, you may decide to put them both immediately into their cribs when they come home.  I intended to sleep them in the pack and play in my room for the first few months, but in the end, they were in their cribs in their own room from Day One - we ALL slept better that way.
    Yup - all of this! Plus they seemed happier in their own room, and slept better in there. And letting the person not "on shift" sleep in the bed uninterrupted ensured that at least 1 person was getting some good sleep!! 
    ********************************************************************************************
    Married my best friend, June 8, 2008

5/17/13 BFP!!! 6/6/13 - OMG its TWINS!

Josie and Lexie were born on January 4, 2014 at 37w2d
    Josie was 5lbs2oz, Lexie was 4lbs15oz 
    Both had a 9 APGAR score with no NICU time
    Planned unscheduled C-Section due to both being breech
    We all went home on Jan 6th, 2 days after surgery

My popular blog posts:

imageimage

imageimage
  • Options
    I did it nice and early - can't remember, but before the 3rd tri.  They're almost 5 months and now only one of them sleeps there, just started, but I can't imagine having the extra time to fix a nursery after they were here, LOL.  
    m/c my Angel Baby in 2000
    IUIs with clomid from 2009-2011   Feb 2011 - Tubal surgery (repair)  Jan 2012 - Tubal surgery (remove)  
    8/13 IVF#1.  Lupron/Follistim protocol - b/g twins born April 1 at 34 +1.  Luckiest woman in the world.
    8/15 FET #1 - transferred 1 thawed embryo - Pregnant with Baby C, it's a girl!  Due April 2016. Pregnancy Ticker  

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD.  Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans for hope and a future"   Jer 29:11
    "All things work together for good to them that love God, who are the called according to His purpose"  Rom 8:28
    "I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of salvation unto all who believe"  Rom 1:16
  • Options
    We had ours up at 20 weeks. I was too excited to wait. Plus, if I had waited much longer, would've been really uncomfortable trying to help put them together.

N14 Nov. Siggy: CELEBRATION!

image image
    TTC since 2011
    Aug. - Sept. 2013 - dIUIs = BFNs
    January 2014 - IVF = 3 freezer babies
    March 2014 - FET of AA and AB blast = BFP! Twins! 
    Nov. 7, 2014 - Wilhelmina "Willa" Suzanne (4lb 14oz) and Ari Jose (6lb 4oz) were born via CS
    image image

image image image image 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Well, I went ahead and set up the cribs in their little corner in our room!! I realized that if nothing else the more time goes on the more I am going to be impaired by T-Rex syndrome so I should do what I can while I can still reach passed my belly. Ha!

• Options
    Well, y'all inspired me to get on it! I'm 29 weeks and just now ordered them :/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"