May 2014 Moms
Options

Awake every hour

Carter was awake and crying every hour last night and the night before. I'm not exaggerating. I went in his room every hour at least once if not more. Don't know if this is 4 month wakeful starting a week early or a result of his reflux (going to switch from Zantac to Prevacid but Prevacid isn't ready yet a week later). And he's got major congestion from either reflux or the start of a cold.

Anyone else?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Awake every hour

• Options
    QOTRQOTR member
    My guy was awake from 240 to 5. He was just on the cusp of going to sleep for most of that time but none of the usual tricks were helping him. I finally moved him to the swing and he was happy as a clam. Wish I would have tried that two hours earlier! He is just 12 weeks and I think we were going through the 3 month growth spurt last week. I'm not sure what to attribute last night to, but I hope it doesn't repeat tonight.
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Options
    It can happen as early as 3 months.

We've had a shake up since about 3 months. He went from being easy to get down at night to up/down/up/down and sleeping well until 9 to super squirmy as fussy from 5 onwards. We're just starting to settle back down. I hope that was it.

He's still a peanut to get to nap ... but thats normal.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We moved to the bouncer around 4 am but even there he kept popping awake and crying. I'm really hoping tonight is better
  • Options
    ns1ns1 member
    We don't usually get a whole lot better than this anyway, but this was us last night too plus the congestion. Who knows?! Good luck to you and I hope your LO figures it out soon! Sleep for all!!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DD is starting to roll, so we are doing arms out swaddling, which mean no more sleep for anyone. Boo!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @britab‌ have you heard about the zipadeezip? We ordered one and are going to try that with the transition. We tried no swaddle for two nights and he slept like crap. We couldn't even do one arm out he kicked and kicked all pissed off. It's supposed to work wonders!
  • Options
    I could've wrote this too...our 16 wk old is all congested & I think that's what's keeping him up...my pedi recommended a cool mist humidifier and since using that he has slept 4 hr intervals which is an improvement. Just don't change your routine..I nurse & put back to bed as usual & he is getting better a week later.
  • Options
    You might want to check LO for an ear infection if the waking continues...my first had his first ear infection at four months with a cold. I misread it as a wakeful or leap and the poor guy was trying to tell me his ears hurt!!

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I don't have any advice, but wanted to say that you're not alone!  He is 16 weeks today, the up every hour or two started at about 13 1/2 week, it was AWFUL so I feel your pain. I don't want to jinx us, but we have had 2 pretty good nights in a row now. Good luck!  
  • Options
    DD has been up every hour for 4 nights now. I blame nursing to sleep, I think she just doesn't know how to fall asleep without a boob in her mouth.
  • Options
    Ugh. First day back at work and this is happening to us too. No sleep for this mommy
  • Options
    Hoping we alllll get sleep soon!!
  • Options
    QOTRQOTR member
    My confidence is shot today.   Like so many of you are experiencing, my little one is not sleeping well at night or during the day.   I would like to just roll with this and chalk it up to growth spurt or leap or early appearance of 4 month regression (LO is 13 weeks on Wednesday), but then I read something like this article https://www.weebeedreaming.com/my-blog/4-month-sleep-regression that claims that the 4 month regression is "more often a product of poor sleep habits and an inappropriate schedule" and I start questioning everything I'm doing.   Also, at his 2 month checkup, the doctor gave us reading material about  "trained wakers" and "trained eaters" and that's been gnawing at me.   Since I've always fed on demand and his crying stops when I feed him, have I created a trained eater??  

STMs of breastfed babies, do you believe the 4 month regression is a real thing?   How long did you continue to feed your baby on demand in the MOTN?   How do you avoid creating trained eaters?

Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Options

QOTR said:
    STMs of breastfed babies, do you believe the 4 month regression is a real thing?   How long did you continue to feed your baby on demand in the MOTN?   How do you avoid creating trained eaters?

With DD1 we started having lots of sleep issues at 4months. Bedtime turned into a 3-hour nightmare. Couldn't tell you if it was a real "regression" or bad habits. But once we started enforcing a bedtime routine and working on "sleep training" it got much better. Now if only I could remember what we did then to do it again with DD2. But I can't, all I know is that I'm totally against any sort of CIO.
    I kept feeding DD1 on demand in the MOTN as long as she wanted. Ended up being every 3-hours until 8months old. Between 8-9months she dropped all her MOTN feedings on her own. Our pedi had said we could switch to bottle feeding at night, then slowly diluting BM with water if we wanted to try to get rid of the MOTN feedings but I never did. I also can't remember if he suggested that at the 4m or 6m check up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"