May 2014 Moms
Options

Clogged duct cont...

Me with the clogged duct(s) again.

A couple more questions.

1. How long does it take for these things to clear?  I've been putting a hot water bottle on the area, taking a hot shower a couple times a day, nursing often, pumping when LO won't eat because I've forced him to eat too much, and pressing/massaging the area.  I've also tried multiple positions when nursing LO (for me and him - football hold / me leaning over him looking like a crazy person).  No luck; there's still a lump there.

2. Now I have another lump in the other armpit!  Argh!  Is it common to get another lump when you just got one?  Or might something else be up?

3. I'm thinking of getting a lymphatic drainage massage at this mama and baby place nearby.  This massage is made for lactating mamas, especially those with clogged ducts.  Anyone ever gotten one of these massages and want to share their results?  

Thanks!
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Clogged duct cont...

• Options
    Ugh I am sorry.  I had several clogged ducts in the first couple of months, but they all went away within a couple of days.  Are you getting a fever as well?  If it has been more than a couple of days, maybe you should call your doctor.  I only had one clog at a time, but I don't know if it is common to have more than one.  I have never heard of that massage but it might be worth a try?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    ns1ns1 member
    @hatrats I don't have a fever. But I did call my Dr and get an antibiotic since I was starting to get some flu ish symptoms. Thanks for the sympathy :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Have you tried pumping (on as higher than normal setting) in doggy position with a hands free bra? That always does the trick for me. Also, if it's a recurrent issue it could be your bra/underwire. Every time I wear an underwire bra I get a clogged duct

Mrs. B's Ovulation Chart
    TTC Baby B since 10/2012
    BFP#1 12/27/12 II TWIN GIRLS II D&C 2/15/13 TRAP sequence

Clomid + TI + Acupuncture x 2 cycles

BFP#2 9/5/13 II EDD 5/16/14 II Beckett Ryan born May 10, 2014

• Options
    ns1ns1 member
    I thought about that @mrsbtobe20122‌ but I worried about milk backing up into the tubes in that position. Is that not an issue? I also did stop wearing my sleep bra as they're kind of small. Maybe that is the issue!
  • Options
    mrsbtobe20122mrsbtobe20122 member
    edited August 2014
    ns1 said:

I thought about that @mrsbtobe20122‌ but I worried about milk backing up into the tubes in that position. Is that not an issue? I also did stop wearing my sleep bra as they're kind of small. Maybe that is the issue!

I never had an issue with my tubing. I do leave the pump on for about 5-10 mins to get rid of any condensation IF that happens though. I have a Medela pis

Mrs. B's Ovulation Chart
    TTC Baby B since 10/2012
    BFP#1 12/27/12 II TWIN GIRLS II D&C 2/15/13 TRAP sequence

Clomid + TI + Acupuncture x 2 cycles

BFP#2 9/5/13 II EDD 5/16/14 II Beckett Ryan born May 10, 2014

• Options
    RachelCA29RachelCA29 member
    edited August 2014
    I think my boobs felt bad for your boobs, totally got a clogged duct this afternoon.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • Options
    ns1ns1 member
    Oh no @RachelCA29‌. So sorry to hear! It sucks!
  • Options
    @ns1‌ thanks. LO was napping with his head on my boob and as soon as he moved I could feel the hard lump. Luckily I caught it right away and just used a heat pad before I pumped. Definitely not as bad as what you are having to deal with!
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • Options
    I have gotten more than one clog at once. Besides engorgement, my biggest triggers are sports bras and sleeping on my belly.

• Options
    If you keep getting them I would try taking a lecithin supplement.
    https://kellymom.com/nutrition/vitamins/lecithin/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"