February 2013 Moms
Options

Carsickness

Who else has LOs that throw up in the car? Are you switching to FFing? DD2 has started to throw up if we're on curvy roads for more than a few minutes. Today we had to take a detour on a normal route and she threw up a bit, and DH said maybe she should FF her. If any of you have gone through this, does it help?

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

Re: Carsickness

• Options
    We'll have to see how frequently it happens to decide whether a puking poncho would be a good idea. So far it has only been twice, but since spit up and blow-outs are thankfully not regular occurrences anymore, I don't always have a change of clothes with us. If it starts happening more often, I may consider FFing her earlier. The open windows helped yesterday, so we'll keep trying that first, too.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP

• Options
    My dd did not start having car sickness until we turned her to ff. I was told to try a portal DVD player to keep them from looking out the window.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    holly321 said:
    My dd did not start having car sickness until we turned her to ff. I was told to try a portal DVD player to keep them from looking out the window.
    That surprises me (about the DVD player). I get carsick if I DON'T look out the windows. If I try to read or look at the GPS for too long, I get nauseous. 

The article above suggests taking off the back headrest so they can see the horizon. We may try that before switching her to FF.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"