February 2013 Moms

I'm annoyed. (AW-y Cute Dad update)

So, I had the DTR talk with the Cute Dad last night. Or I tried to. It didn't go super awesomely. He was kinda awkward and noncommittal about everything. He's not seeing anyone else (nothing new, but good to confirm), and he "feels pretty good" about how things are going, but beyond that I just don't know.

It's still early, and I'm stubborn, so I'm not going to run away right now or anything, but... I'm not feeling super confident about it. I worry there is a bigger imbalance than I first suspected as far as how we feel about each other, so I'm going to just be more cautious.

I will meet some of his friends tonight, so that'll be interesting. I just don't know what to think, which is dangerous for an overthinker lol

Anyway, dating is stupid. :P

Re: I'm annoyed. (AW-y Cute Dad update)

• I think based on your last post, that meeting his friends is a good sign. Sorry your talk didn't go as you hoped.
  • Loading the player...
  • What do you do besides spend time with him? It is important to have your own life and interests at this stage. Not as a protection mechanism, but just in terms of being a whole person on your own and not looking for someone else to "complete you" like Jerry :)

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

• Y'all, stop with the sensible and well-thought out responses. I just want to be annoyed! ;)

I'm kidding, of course, and appreciate all the input. Like I said, I'm not ready to drop the whole thing because after 2 months he's being a goober about "labels." I like him a lot, and it's worth waiting to see where things go from here. It's just a little frustrating since I'm impatient and I know how I feel about him.

Plus, I know that he is not the people I've been involved with in the past, but when you have heard the same response from a number of people, almost always leading to the same end result... It's gonna make you wary. You know?

But I am focused on getting to know him further and hopefully become more apart of his life with being around his friends. He also basically said I'm the best he's had in bed, so, I'm trying to focus on that, too lol

• Stupid question - what is DTR? 
    Anyway, as others haave said, I think it's a good thing that you're meeting his friends :) I also think that if you can, I'd put off any more relationship talk for a bit. I think it's good that he's seeing this as an exclusive thing.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• It's Sunday morning and I NEED to know how meeting the friends went????
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Yay!!!!!! I'm totally sitting here with this cheesy smile on my face! It sounds like you have nothing to worry about at all!!!! I'm so happy for you Frenchie. :-D

imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary

• Sounds awesome. So happy for you!!!
    Jenny DiLo
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"