December 2014 Moms
Options

Anyone else?

Waking up at the crack of dawn because you can't sleep due to the fact you'd eat an entire restaurant, if it were possible?! lol

This is terrible! I'm doing everything I can to make sure I'm eating right and good amounts but I can't help it. Today, I woke up at 5:45 on the dot and had to eat 2 pb&j's... With a coffee.

Anyone else? Lol

Re: Anyone else?

• Options

Haha. I keep snacks by my bed so I can eat then go back to sleep. There are crumbs everywhere.

I used to have a strict no eating in the bedroom rule because I hate the thought of crumbs in our bed. Now I eat breakfast in bed nearly everyday.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nope cuz I'm too scared I'm going to get fat! Besides, I'm still full from the 2 donuts and coffee I just made my bitch.

D14 November Siggy Challenge: The feels of 3rd trimester...

imageimageimage

• Options
    Mmmmm ....donuts sound good
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Ugh not this morning. I over did it with the face stuffing last night and feel like shit this morning. I guess I didn't actually NEED the 3 pieces of pizza after the ribs and tater salad... b-(
  • Options
    Yep. Up at 6 am got some hotel breakfast (eggs, potatoes, fruit) and went back to bed.

Test
  • Options
    Slaps said:

Nope not me, and I can't eat for 30 mins after I get up due to my thyroid meds, so I have my first cuppa and by the time I have finished that it's almost been 30 mins so I make another one and some toast.

I love that you said cuppa. :)

Test
  • Options
    Kmm1023 said:

Be careful you might gain weight then feel fat...can't have that happen while your pregnant. 8-}

ETA: spelling

*sigh* I won't even open those threads..
  • Options
    CandEChicagoCandEChicago member
    edited August 2014

agsgrrl said:

Kmm1023 said:

Be careful you might gain weight then feel fat...can't have that happen while your pregnant. 8-}

Uh yeah. I used to open them and say something positive about body image and beautiful motherhood. But I've given up - too many "I feel fat" threads! I know the struggle is real and difficult, I just can't deal with it anymore.
    We already have white knighting in "The scale is my enemy" thread. Some newbie also made a comment about working in a strip club in there too.

The "Feeling fat" thread had an interesting response or two.

Test
  • Options
    I am either too full to move or starving, there is no in between of "I think I might want to eat something soon." My morning sickness comes from being hungry so I have to eat as soon as I get up. I've always been heavy and I have always struggled with my weight, I knew I was not going to be a small mama so I am just trying to accept it.
  • Options

agsgrrl said:

Kmm1023 said:

Uh yeah. I used to open them and say something positive about body image and beautiful motherhood. But I've given up - too many "I feel fat" threads! I know the struggle is real and difficult, I just can't deal with it anymore.
    We already have white knighting in "The scale is my enemy" thread. Some newbie also made a comment about working in a strip club in there too.

@-) But..but....I didn't wanna go in there...
  • Options
    CandEChicagoCandEChicago member
    edited August 2014
    agsgrrl said:

agsgrrl said:

Kmm1023 said:

@-) But..but....I didn't wanna go in there...

@agsgrrl‌ - Maybe just read the responses?

....or just be satisfied with my recap.

Test
  • Options
    @CandEChicago‌ yeah right, I had to look. Ok I won't go into any more of the 15+ more threads of that we are going to have between here and D-day....unless they get interesting..
    :D
  • Options
    I just ate a HUGE stack of pancakes with extra extra syrup!!!
  • Options
    Okay, I GET that it's annoying to some of you to see the " I feel fat" threads but honestly, why does it bother y'all so much? Not being snarky, I'm just really curious?

It's easy to not click on them if you don't want to read them or if they trigger bad feelings, right? I just don't think women should be called out for it necessarily. Poll 100 women and I'm sure at least 1/2, if not more would admit to feeling shitty about their bodies at some point in pregnancy.

This is my 3rd and I'm over caring about pregnancy weight gain because I know it does indeed come off (if you want it to) but I remember being a FTM and the changes to my body were scary.

So go ahead and flame me(I'm ready for it :P) but I'm really curious at to why y'all hate these threads so much but not some of the other super repetitive threads.
  • Options
    And to respond to the original post, I have days where I barely feel like touching food...and then days like today when I wake up ravenous and no amount of food seems to fill me up. I just finished lunch (a healthy choice microwave meal since I'm at work) and I'm already considering what to have for a snack. And I made dinner plans.

Married 07.12.14
    Hannah 12.09.14
    Baby #2 Due 06.18.16
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

It's especially appalling to see someone who weighs 110 lbs complain about feeling fat. Talk to me about feeling fat when you weigh about 100 pounds more and are really talking about fat, not bloat.

I am on the same path I was with dd where I gained 50 pounds and no, it didn't just come off.

Point taken! I do get how it can seem insensitive and silly when the weight gain is minimal.

I just remember being young and weight obsessed(thank goodness I'm older and wiser) and feeling crappy about my body. In the grand scheme of things, I get that weight really isn't that big a deal, especially when pregnant.
  • Options
    :(( I have problems! I'm hungry (disregard earlier comment about not being hungry) and absolutely nothing in my house is suitable nor do I want to get off my ass!
  • Options
    All of the repetitive threads are annoying. For example...
    "I feel fat" - you're pregnant, get over it.
    "Name my baby"- name your own damn kid.
    "Anyone else?" - nope... it's just you.
    "Ultrasound/gender guesses?" - I am not an ultrasound technician... ask them.
    "I hate my husband/boyfriend" - so why are you having a baby with them?
    "I am dealing with such and such health issues. What do I do?" - ask your damn doctor.
    "I am doing something I shouldn't while pregnant. Someone else say they are too so I feel validated" - not going here. I am doing everything I can to give my child the best chance at life. I will not validate your poor choices.

Okay... rant over.
  • Options
    I wake up every morning with the intention of eating mostly healthily...I fail every day. I can't stop eating mountains of candy. And cookies.
  • Options
    I just finished off a pack of gummy worms for my afternoon snack. Didn't do much for my hunger issues but it sure was good!!
  • Options
    Rileymom1 said:

I just finished off a pack of gummy worms for my afternoon snack. Didn't do much for my hunger issues but it sure was good!!

Ooh! You reminded me that I have gummi bears!!! Yayyyy
  • Options
    @Hufflepuff42‌
    @Slaps‌

I was told to wait 1 hour after the Synthroid, and 4 hours for dairy. Usually I'm not a big breakfast person anyway (at least not in the morning), but my GD counselors say not to go more than 10 hours without food so I usually cram something down my gullet around 8am.

BabyFruit Ticker TTC since 11/2011 Me: Hypothyroid & PCOS DH: 0% morphology IVF #1 - transfer on 4/2/14 BFP 4/11/14 beta 161 EDD: 12/19/14 It's a GIRL! AnaSophia (Sophie; Soph the Loaf) Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I think the I feel fat crap annoys me because it is common knowledge it will happen and because there are so many people who struggle with getting pregnant and would love to have that belly! Also come on first time poster and posting herself with a model body. I totally side eye that crap!
  • Options
    I bought a family Boston market meal today. DH is out of town. It was for me. MINE
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"