3rd Trimester
Options

Most comfortable clothes for hospital and after?

With all the fun stuff that happens to your body after birth, what are your go-to comfort clothes? Are you taking nightgowns or pants/tops to wear in the hospital? I feel like all my yoga pants are too tight. Any super soft stretchy brands that are your favorites? Just curious what you have found to be most functional and comfortable.

Re: Most comfortable clothes for hospital and after?

• Options
    Yoga pants and nursing tanks or t-shirts
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    MrsKasel10MrsKasel10 member
    edited August 2014
    I'm going to take a loose pair of yoga pants, tank and t-shirt or hoodie.
    ETA: My yoga pants are NIKE brand.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
                                   DS 10/02/09  DD 03/28/11
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I stayed in the hospital gown the whole time but I brought your run of the mill drawstring sweatpants and a sweatshirt (it was March) to go home in.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I stayed in the gown, like some of the other girls I had bleeding. Not too bad, but it was nice to throw the gown of an put a new one off if I bled through. The way the sleeves do also made it super easy to breastfeed!
  • Options
    PJ pants from Walmart are seriously my favorite. They're comfy and the material isn't too thick. (not sure what material they are lol). They're usually only 5-9$ too, so if they get ruined it isn't a huge deal. I'm a FTM but this is pretty much all I plan to bring for pants, maybe yoga pants to go home in.
    ----

• Options
    I wore the hospital gown the entire time.

To go home a pair of pj pants and a shirt.
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• Options

• Options
    With DS I brought dark colored nightgowns and maxi dresses. I highly recommend black clothing since it doesn't show blood as much and probably won't get ruined as easily. Maxi dress was great for wearing home because it didn't run against anything and was much easier for all the bathroom trips.
  • Options
    MMason12MMason12 member
    edited August 2014
    I cannot stand being in a hospital gown. For some reason I always seem to sweat more and just feel like my body gets super dirty in them. I bought some cheapo Wal-Mart sweat pants (in dark grey and black) to wear after delivery, along with some tank tops. I been hospitalized a few times before and I know I will feel better wearing normal clothes verse a gown.

ETA: I went with the darker colors so hopefully they won't get ruined as fast. Also they were cheap so no biggie if they did.  
    Me: 30 Him: 33
    Married: August 2012
    BFP #1 9/2013 -- MC 10/2013
    DD: 9/22/2014

• Options
    How long were you in regular clothes before you switched to a gown when going to the hospital?
  • Options
    I bought a set like this at target:
    https://m.target.com/p/gilligan-o-malley-women-s-knit-pajama-set-assorted-colors/-/A-14895494

I wanted something that was comfy, easy to BF in but that looked kind of nice for visitors and pictures.
  • Options
    I lived in the Belly Bandit BDA pants for about 3 weeks PP.   https://www.amazon.com/Belly-Bandit-BDA-Black-M-L-Pant/dp/B004AZG12C.  They were also comfortable enough to wear the last month of pregnancy and wear home from the hospital.  Comfortable enough to lounge around and even sleep in, but looked decent enough to run to the store.  I'm bummed this time that it's too hot for them!  Hoping the weather cools off by my due date so that I can wear them again (they are expensive, but I thought they were worth every penny!).

For at the hospital, I took a comfortable pair of PJs (button up long sleeve and pants), and only wore the top for the most part, since when we had visitors, I was in bed anyway and no one could tell I wasn't wearing pants.  And really, when I was up and it was just me and H and even a nurse in the room, I couldn't care less that I wasn't wearing pants anyway. 

I would also consider the temp of the room - some places won't let the room go below a certain temp, other rooms may be cold.  So have some options packed - a nursing tank + a button down shirt or robe. 
  • Options

The first day after birth I wore a nightgown and then a super casual soft cotton maxi dress.  I had a lot of bleeding and was constantly changing the ice and pad so it made that process easier.  In the days soon after that I was in very soft pj pants or sweatpants, the baggier the better.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I bought a cheap pair or super comfy pj pants the first time and didn't regret it one bit. This time, I have a couple pairs of black yoga pants along with those same pair of pj pants. I also grabbed a couple of my comfy tshirts to lounge around the hospital in.
  • Options
    Hospital gown until the baby arrived. Maternity nightgown after baby came. A few days later (I was in the hospital for a week on iv's and felt gross in 3 day old outfits) Old Navy yoga pants and a nursing bra.
  • Options
    I bought a cheap robe to wear to keep warm, easy to breastfeed with and to keep my lady parts covered when we are doing laps around the maternity ward. If it gets ruined at least it wasn't super expensive and can just be tossed.
  • Options
    roo1ooroo1oo member
    edited August 2014
    Old navy maternity leggings and my favorite maternity shirt which was a target Liz Lange shirt. And a sweatshirt.

Make sure you take slippers or loose fitting shoes. If you have to be induced or get an epi, they'll give you IV fluids, and your feet will probably swell. The tops of mine were jiggly for two weeks PP and I almost couldn't wear home the flip flops I'd packed.
    image    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I would pack comfy pants and then either a nightgown or a comfy dress in case you have a c section- I know putting pants on the first bit was not fun. I'd pack at least a couple of days outfits just in case you have to stay awhile. Last time I stayed in the gown for the most part b/c I just didn't enjoy the process of getting dressed.
  • Options
    with my first i stayed in the gown for a while and then changed into super loose pj's from target, staying in the hospital undies.

second child, i changed into yoga pants almost immediately, a stretchy tank and my own (boy short/hipster) undies and my own pads. so much better! pp bleeding wasn't nearly as bad the second time and i don't expect it to be this time either. all the same i will take overnight, heavy duty pads.

take what you want to wear! the gowns suck. take some black yoga pants (they are less than $10 at walmart!) and whatever tops you wanna wear for easy nursing :)
  • Options
    I bought a Pretty Pushers gown.  I didn't labor in it, I just changed into it after DD was born.  It was soft and comfy, and had easy access for nursing and post-partum BP/bleeding checks.  I also didn't worry about what would happen if I bled on it!
    Married July 3, 2009 | Furbaby Trevor July 15, 2009 | Furbaby Darcy May 15, 2010 | BFP August 14, 2012 | DD April 18, 2013
  • Options
    Harem pants from H&M
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"