May 2014 Moms

Help, pretty please! :)

brigskybrigsky member
edited August 2014 in May 2014 Moms
Hello! I'm sure this thread exists but I'm mobile and am hoping to get these items today. DS will be 4 months on 9/3, and I'm looking for the best "next step" toys and developmental pieces. He has a mamaroo (only likes for naps), we have an infantino activity mat (likes it but gets bored of being on his back) and lots of teethers, rings, puppets and books. I think he needs more tummy time but hates it and I've tried to set up items and my Boppy for him, hates it. Suggestions? Also, bumbo? I've heard bad things about it but he's not sitting up (expected) but I can tell he's bored of laying down. Too early for an exersaucer? Looking at getting something that will last beyond a few weeks but thinking of a bumbo, tummy time mat, and exersaucer. That seems pricey, so looking to see if that's just what next or if there is something I'm missing. Thanks bunches!

Re: Help, pretty please! :)

• DD hates tummy time too, so I have to think of things to distract her from the fact that she's on her tummy.  For instance, I put her on her tummy propped up on her boppy and read a book, holding it in front of her, or even let her watch tv (whatever works).  She has the kick n play mat and you can put the little arch thing on the floor so they can do tummy time.  She doesn't really care about the toys when they are on the floor like that, but likes to look in the mirror.  Perhaps you could try putting him on his tummy with a mirror on the floor, propped up at an angle for him.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loved our jumperoo with DS, I will be getting it out of the closet soon for DD.  We had the Fisher Price rainforest one, but lots of the models are similar.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• Loading the player...
  • The things you have sound just fine. We have the same, plus Sophie and a few sensory things like fabric books with different textures and crinkly tissue inside, and I just ordered an oball. We also gave a bouncy seat that I clip some extra things to. HLO can't do much with those things yet so I'm not in a rush to get more. We'll hold off on the exersaucer until she's closer to being able to sit on her own.
  • My DD is 3 months and loves her Exersaucer. We don't leave her alone in it of course, I sit with her at all times. She has great head control though and she loves to bang on the music maker and talk to herself in the mirror. We have a routine after breakfast: tummy time on her play mat, I lay down and talk to her the whole time. Show her herself in the mirror. I wait till she rolls over on her own or gets mildly fussy and then I roll her over. She plays on her back and swats at the hanging toys. Once I can tell she is getting bored I sit her in my lap and let her inspect her rattles and link toys. She doesn't reach for those yet. Then she does some time in the Exersaucer. I try not to let her get to the point of being overly bored with any activity because then she starts crying and shuts down and we have to stop. I just try to talk to her the whole time and keep her entertained. The whole routine takes anywhere from 15-25 mins.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"