February 2014 Moms

Friday randorms

Hopefully it's ok if I start this? Up pumping before LO wakes up. Anyone have fun weekend plans?

Re: Friday randorms

• Loading the player...
  • HURRY @mamaallison!!

@elf828, yay for fevers breaking!! I'm so glad she feels better. I love that feeling when your baby is "back" from being off. I hope you two have a lovely day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Good luck with your IT guys @codypup.

Glad to hear your LO is feeling better @elf828‌!

Fx @MamaAllison‌!!!

@BlueDot818‌ hopefully T let you sleep in this morning :)
  • @MamaAllison, I hope you make it! Yikes!

@elf828, I'm so glad to hear that she is feeling better!

@Codypup, I'd definitely take it as a good sign! Yay!

Not much to share here this morning. I'm just so happy it's finally Friday!! <:-P
    F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails

• @mamaallison crossing my fingers that you make it on time!

I said something kind of mean to DH in the MOTN, and I didn't really mean it but I kinda did. LO needed attention, and he asked if I was going, and I basically said since he wouldn't be home for LO's entire waking day today, he could freaking take a turn. I'm kinda hoping he forgets about it, but he probably won't. 
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • There's a guy on the Today Show named Hunter Hayes. He's not attractive, and he's not especially good at singing. Yet there are lots of (mostly girls) going nuts for him. This one baffles me.
  • @starfisher‌ I just realized that this thread is titled Randorms, the R just hides so well.

Oops, that's what I get for starting it so early! Lol!
  • @codypup I hope this doesn't sound creepy but I feel like you need a blog or something. You have the best stories and just a way with words that always has me cracking up.

This just made my morning. I'm flattered.

I'm also in full blown panic mode bcs the IT guy who is here cannot diagnose nor fix my problem. My entire network is crashed, I can't guarantee that any credit cards went through last night, and he has no idea what to do now. We are at a stand still.

So I'm bumping and praying and annoyed that this happened NOW instead of 2 months from now, when I would ideally be long gone and not in charge anymore.

• @Codypup‌ I wish we lived by you. I'd send DH, IT guru to the world!
  • I don't know if this needs a warning, so I'll stick one here anyways. *car fire warning*

On our way home last night we passed an SUV that was completely engulfed in flames on the side of the 67-W. The flames were twice the size of the SUV. It was awful. I immediately scanned the SUV for anyone still inside but it appeared to be empty. It really bothered me all night last night and I can't find any news stories on it. Did any socal ladies see this or hear about it? It was my first time seeing anything like that and it's still making me anxious. :(
  • @disneypeanut I just bought T25 too.  It hasn't arrived yet though.  What flavor of shakeology did you buy?
  • Lo is still in size 3 month clothing (will be 7 months next week) and has been for basically 4 months. I'm so tired of these clothes and want to put her in all the cute 6 month stuff we have! It also slightly worries me that she's still in 3 month clothing. Sigh.
    @rachelmary, we JUST graduated out of 3-6 month things a couple weeks ago, and W is almost 7 months too. Some sizes are wonky and clearly too big/too small for whatever month they're supposed to be. Try not to worry until your pedi does (easier said than done, I know!) Have you had any weight gain issues?

• @elf828‌ I overbought too. I got a ton of summer stuff in 9mo, but he's really not needing it. I'm putting him in it anyway, because I figure in another month it won't be warm enough.
  • @codypup I hope this doesn't sound creepy but I feel like you need a blog or something. You have the best stories and just a way with words that always has me cracking up.
    Please to add Grey's recaps to your blog.
    lol I have a feeling I'd have 2 followers - you and @starfisher. Maybe when I quit my job and am in job/city/moving limbo, I'll be bored and start typing. ;-)

• @disneypeanut I just bought T25 too.  It hasn't arrived yet though.  What flavor of shakeology did you buy?

I have T25...I did it for 3 days then stopped. Oops. It was too hard back then as lo only napped in her swing so I couldn't do it while she napped. She naps in her crib now though, so I don't have much of an excuse. Except she only takes 30 minute naps so I don't have much time. BUT she goes to bed super early at 630 so I have tons of time at night...really I'm just lazy.

Anyway...I did insanity back before I was pregnant and actually had abs. T25 is like that but shorter, so it's a really good work out!

• Codypup said:

Lo is still in size 3 month clothing (will be 7 months next week) and has been for basically 4 months. I'm so tired of these clothes and want to put her in all the cute 6 month stuff we have!

It also slightly worries me that she's still in 3 month clothing.

Sigh.

@rachelmary, we JUST graduated out of 3-6 month things a couple weeks ago, and W is almost 7 months too. Some sizes are wonky and clearly too big/too small for whatever month they're supposed to be. Try not to worry until your pedi does (easier said than done, I know!) Have you had any weight gain issues?

She doesn't even fit 3-6 month! Just 3 month stuff.

We have had weight issues...she's on the very bottom of the curve (she was 11 lbs 15 oz last week at her shots).

I'm actually really concerned about her weight but trying to stay calm until her monthly check up next week (doctor wants to check her weight each month). Last time she weighed her (1.5 months ago) she was 12 lbs 8 oz...then at her 6 month shots last week she was 11lbs 15oz. I panicked but then I remembered by doctor weighed her by just standing on a scale holding her, then without her and took the difference. I'm praying she was just inaccurate and lo isn't losing weight.

So Im waiting until Tuesday to talk to the doctor and see if they have an actual scale to get a proper weight check this time.

Sorry for the novel!
  • @rachaelmary we have weight issues here too.  I know it's hard to deal with.  I just try to tell myself that someone has to be in those bottom percentiles, you know?  My LO is 7 months and can definitely still fit into 3 month clothes.  
  • CodypupCodypup member
    edited August 2014
    Lo is still in size 3 month clothing (will be 7 months next week) and has been for basically 4 months. I'm so tired of these clothes and want to put her in all the cute 6 month stuff we have! It also slightly worries me that she's still in 3 month clothing. Sigh.
    She doesn't even fit 3-6 month! Just 3 month stuff. We have had weight issues...she's on the very bottom of the curve (she was 11 lbs 15 oz last week at her shots). I'm actually really concerned about her weight but trying to stay calm until her monthly check up next week (doctor wants to check her weight each month). Last time she weighed her (1.5 months ago) she was 12 lbs 8 oz...then at her 6 month shots last week she was 11lbs 15oz. I panicked but then I remembered by doctor weighed her by just standing on a scale holding her, then without her and took the difference. I'm praying she was just inaccurate and lo isn't losing weight. So Im waiting until Tuesday to talk to the doctor and see if they have an actual scale to get a proper weight check this time. Sorry for the novel!
    Don't be sorry! I completely understand how you feel. It's scary as hell when things aren't going "normally" - aka, kid is on the bottom of the curve. Mine is there, too, and has been since birth. But it sounds like your pedi is on top of things, and that he is monitoring it closely. That's what matters. 

PM me if you need anything, or have questions, or just need someone to talk to. 

• Thanks everyone, I appreciate it!

I'm not too concerned with her being at the bottom of the curve as she's been there since birth...it's the possibility that she might have lost weight.

I don't get how that would be possible though as she's eating solids now plus nurses every 2 hours.

I'm just trying to keep my cool until Tuesday.

Thanks guys :).
  • Avswolf said:
    Is it quitting time yet?
    Yes
    F14 Siggy Challenge
  • Not caught up yet. At T's 6m appt. I'm glad DH wasn't here. He is pushing for 1 wake up a night, and to start the Ferber method... :(( @Noethola‌ beware Dr. D!
    @bluedot818
    You need to see the other Drs. :-) We saw Dr R on Tuesday, and he didn't say a thing really. He said "Some babies just need time to adjust. Or you can try some of the methods out there." FWIW, yesterday C had an awful day. Residuals from shots? Stage? IDK. But I had to work and he cried hysterically regardless of who I left him with (my sister included.) Last night we had three wake ups between 8-10, so I took him to the guest bed. 1 wakeup between 10p - 7a. What the heck kid? Does he just not like to be alone? Maybe I need to try a big stuffed animal or something...is it safe to do that yet?
    Lilypie - (qptF)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    "Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• @Avswolf‌ I'm sorry I'm such a terrible mailer. Package coming your way Monday, if you're willing to sew on buttons.
    F14 Siggy Challenge
  • Mamosey said:

The wife and I have a date tonight! What does a date of ours look like? Manis/Pedis and dinner!  I'm so looking forward to being out alone with her!

That sounds so lovely @Mamosey‌! Have fun!
  • @codypup and @KatyBriggs‌ Im so happy for both of you. I love it when things work out for good people :)

@mamosey Super jealous of you. Have a blast!

I'm trying to find a dress for a 20s themed party for DHs work. I have a few options and plan to start a thread with pictures when the boys go to sleep.

I'm starting to get concerned about LOs verbal skills. He barely makes noises other than laughing and telling. He blew raspberries once...occasionally will give is a "g" sound by that's it. He's almost 7 mo old and I'm pretty sure I remember DS1 being more vocal at this point. He is pretty on top of things gross motor wise so maybe he's just focusing on that?
  • @keags5496 Can't wait to see the dresses! 

@bluedot818 Yeah, other than the first appointment, DH has gone to zero of LO appointments. All the drs advice gets channeled through me. :D
    Lilypie - (qptF)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    "Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• @avswolf No not words...that'd be a smidge bit advanced ;). Just the noises. He literally just laughs and yells...no babbling
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"